What Is The Most Common Password?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: what is the most common password?

simple password of choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

what is the most common password on the internet as a whole?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

sometimes you sign up for something on the web, but you don't want to be bothered about what your password is going to be, so you type in something that a 5 year old could guess, but also so could you if you forget it. so what is you simple password of choice?

edit: #6 in the fist question should just say [you name], meaning whatever it actually is.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

I have a 'set' of passwords that I use for various sites, but I'm not going to tell you what they are.   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

I have a set too, which I vary by certain (difficult and my own) logic. This way I can sometimes (when I've followed the logic correctly or close to it) even backtrace what my password has been if I have forgotten it. For simple example: if we pretend I use "Frodo" as my password and want to change it, I choose previous or following of the alphabets here in the forums. This as an very simple example. Of course I'd use something that I or very few people know or have access to, not forum names.
...70 years... LOL

#4 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

This was in a movie...I forget which one.

#5 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

it was in some book too.
the idea was that people feel like it's ironic to use "password", even if they are smart people, which allows the main character to hack into some database.

View PostFrodo, on May 23 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

but I'm not going to tell you what they are.   :ok:
don't. The real question to think/talk about is the second one. the first one is just a data mine for it.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

Nice try.:ok:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#7 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

I usually just string curse words or internet macros coupled with a few numbers...

#8 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

you missed a very important one, "admin"

it gets really hilarious how often is it being used by administrators
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#9 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

I am sure the most common used password on the internet is either a name related to the person or a birthdate related to the person... :ok:
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#10 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:49 AM

If you live in the UK, it's worth trying manu123 and britneyspears. Apparently they're our most common passwords.

My password is my middle name, kudos to the first one of you that gets into my account.
Me>You

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

View PostSean, on May 26 2008, 04:49 AM, said:

If you live in the UK, it's worth trying manu123 and britneyspears. Apparently they're our most common passwords.

My password is my middle name, kudos to the first one of you that gets into my account.
Matthew?

#12 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on May 23 2008, 02:07 PM, said:

I have a set too, which I vary by certain (difficult and my own) logic. This way I can sometimes (when I've followed the logic correctly or close to it) even backtrace what my password has been if I have forgotten it. For simple example: if we pretend I use "Frodo" as my password and want to change it, I choose previous or following of the alphabets here in the forums. This as an very simple example. Of course I'd use something that I or very few people know or have access to, not forum names.

So following that logic, your password is either 'Eqncn' or 'Gspep'   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#13 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

a1s, you old phisher you :P
I use letters, numbers and capitals in different combinations in my passwords... and keep forgetting them :ok:
I need a system.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D