46 replies to this topic

#31 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:15 AM

Congrats Trisk, it was an awesome story, excellent to see the AGS community saw it too.  :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#32 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! Now, you can all form into an unruly mob with pitchforks and torches (DeathDude, you can bring your guitar,) and follow me, let's go bash down the doors of company "X" and demand that they give me a publishing deal!  :ok:

#33 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:16 AM

WTG, Trisk :D

Well-deserved, and you have my best wishes on the publishing front. Keep us posted if you have any good news  :ok:

Tom Henrik sends along his congratulations as well - we're all very proud to be able to provide a host for Prodigal (as well as any future productions) :ok:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#34 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:20 AM

Trisk, on Feb 20 2006, 06:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! Now, you can all form into an unruly mob with pitchforks and torches (DeathDude, you can bring your guitar,) and follow me, let's go bash down the doors of company "X" and demand that they give me a publishing deal!  :ok:
I'm sorry Trisk, but publisher X (along with all other publishers) clearly state that they don't think there's any money to be made in adventure games. :ok:

But congratulations on your prize. It has already been mentioned quite a few times but let me just chime in: It's well deserved. :D
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#35 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:51 AM

Flop, on Feb 20 2006, 07:20 AM, said:

Trisk, on Feb 20 2006, 06:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! Now, you can all form into an unruly mob with pitchforks and torches (DeathDude, you can bring your guitar,) and follow me, let's go bash down the doors of company "X" and demand that they give me a publishing deal!  :D
I'm sorry Trisk, but publisher X (along with all other publishers) clearly state that they don't think there's any money to be made in adventure games. :DWell,
Well, you never know... If you throw in enough sex and violence, Rockstar might be interested. They might even be interested in a Tetris-remake, provided it had those key  elements.:ok:

Oh, and congratulations, Trisk.:ok:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#36 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hmm yeah about the guitar, it's uh in the shop right now, so all I got is a mic. :ok:

But anyways you never know maybe one publisher someday will come up with the idea, gee let's publish an adventure game again!

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#37 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the kind words all! :D

Taikara- Thank you for hosting the game! Reloaded is the awesomest website on the net!  :ok:

Hey, if Himalaya can try and publish an adventure game, so can I!  :D

...that said, I realize that my odds may be long, but I'm trying for an indie publisher, so it would be a mail order/download only type thing. This kind of publishing has actually proven to not only work, but to be quite profitable.

I give you, for instance, Spiderweb Software. http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/ They make tons of great games that your average gamer has never even heard about. They're "commercially" not viable, and yet the company makes good money off them. In fact, they still do the shareware concept! You can go d/l their games for free and try every one of them out for hours of gaming goodness! Just don't expect great graphics.

Anyway...yes, if anything happens on the publishing side, I shall post about it right away. :ok:

Trisk

#38 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

Thanks!

#39 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Awesomeness.

#40 SocialChameleon

SocialChameleon

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:57 PM

I think I've run into a bug.  In Act 2, I'm unable to pick up the recipie book from the sleeping quarters.  I can look at it and it shows up as a hotspot in the bar, but no amount of clicking on the book has produced any result.  No error message, nothing.

Seeing as I need the recipie to continue the game, I'm dead in the water.

I'm running Prodigal v. 1.1.

#41 Icewolf

Icewolf

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

An unusual and extremely unpleasing end.

Really feels like you did the whole thing for nothing.

Sequel would be nice, though. Probably there's something behind "it".
Are you the guys on the beach who hate everything...? Eww....
Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.

#42 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:47 AM

Oooooo... nice.

Well written, good difficulty (only had to take a quick look at the walkthrough once for the 2 order keys), good visuals, VERY good twist at the end.

spoiler said:

Although Mike did get a tad obvious with "Just take my hand",  pretty much guessed that they would wind up trading places at that moment

But aside from that very nicely done. I seem to have a talent for finding only the really good Freeware Adventure games ;)  (Played Lost in the Nightmare, Trilby series & this).

Would definitely like to see a Prodigal 2 some day. :P

#43 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

Thanks all for your kind words!

Also note, I have begun working on Prodigal 2. While I haven't gotten a publisher yet, I hope to finish act one and then shop it around.

Tons and tons and tons to do yet, but it is in active production! High res 640x400x32, live actors (rotoscoped,) and no more compression on sound and video! All good things! :shrug: Plus find out what the heck it all meant! Swinging swords! Hot Kissin' action! It's all there!

Keep an eye on the Prodigal homepage for updates as they become available.

Laters,
Ben

#44 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

That's great to hear Trisk.   :shrug:

Can't wait to play it.   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#45 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:12 AM

Too much praised, seems like I must dl this one asap (after finishing my Panzer General campaign)! :shrug:
...70 years... LOL

Reply to this topic