5 replies to this topic

#1 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:17 AM

So I get suspended, and when I return the thread is locked so I can't answer to the accusations and comments pointed at me.

Kosta said:

Haven't your mommy and daddy taught you not to disclose personal conversations in public? Bad Puffin, baaad Puffin....

Kosta, leave my parents out of it. For your information, they tought me to stand up for myself, and not let others drag me through the mud, like Tom seems to enjoy doing. So yeah, I should get a chance to defend myself. Does your father tell you to let others belittle you and put you in the dirt in order to make others look better? Wouldn?t he tell you to stand up and fight it? That?s how my parents raised me, anyways. And that?s why I?m alive today.

AJ said:

Do you mean generally?
Yes.

Aristharus said:

I don't like you, Puffin. Get a life. A life, and a sense of humor, for starters..
Ok, now I?m gonna go and cry.

Get a life? The feck do you know about my life? You don?t know me at all. And that?s how it will stay. For your information, I have a life. A pretty darned good one, for that matter.
And please forgive me for not finding it funny when an admin basically says that the place he?s administrating sucks.

Blood-Pigggy said:

Omfg, the nerve of some people.
Seriously! What is wrong with some people, Tom makes an innocent statement, we turn it into a joke, and soon he has to be ravaged by some merciless fat game hunters who like pies and scones but don't know that I put poison in them!

Oh noes! I?m a merciless fat game hunter!! That's a new one. You?re the first person in years to call me fat. It?s interesting to hear, ?cause last time I checked I was underweight.  Pies and scones? Geez man, you seem to think you?re so cool by making a nonsense comment like that.

Thankyouverymuch.
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#2 Henning

Henning

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:18 AM

Saying what has to be said.

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

View Postgrinder, on Jul 5 2006, 09:18 AM, said:

Saying what has to be said.
Come again? Why did this have to be said? Who has been dragging Puffin through the mud here? All I could see was her turning up again out of the blue to state her dislike of Tom.
Seriously, I'm getting rather confused here. Could it be that the root of this problem (if indeed it is one) lies in personal issues some people have outside this forum?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:38 AM

I think this all just reinforces my point...
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#5 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:42 AM

This is getting ridiculous. At what stage did Tom drag anyone through the mud? He made a simple statement of fact that he prefers the forum here (not the site itself necessarily; he's done a huge amount of work for both sites), a sentiment I know is echoed by myself and AJ, and probably many of the other regulars here too, and suddenly he's being accused of inappropriate behaviour? AJ made a valid point in the thread on AB about the number of "AR sucks!" threads (and even posts in that thread) which garnered no comment whatsoever, but someone saying they prefer the community on the smaller site which has a better sense of humour, fewer spammers and a larger number of moderaters per active member results in this mess? Ludicrous.

Kosta was entirely justified in being upset with you for posting a private conversation publically without asking him, Puffin, but I completely understand your wanted to respond to the other posters in that thread, who will be dealt with. However, this whole thing strikes me as being unnecessary now - as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is finished - Tom has apologised for any offence he may have unintentionally caused with an innocent comment.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#6 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:48 AM

I'm a bit too late to this. Again.
(Why does these things always happen when I sleep?)

There is one thing that I have to say. I closed the other topic, yes. It wasn't because I didn't want Puffin to defend herself. It was because people started to flame you, Puffin. As I stated in the post I closed the topic with.

I am not going to sit idly by and see members start flaming other members over my mistakes. As soon as people started attacking you, I closed the topic.

It was not done to let them have the last word, but to never give them the option to have secondary words.

But as the attacks started due to a mistake I made, I was not fit to deal punishment onto those people. Which is why I am really pleased to see that Beef took it onto him to make sure that they did not escape unharmed from flaming.

If you feel that I dragged you through the mud by closing that topic, then I sincerely apologise. I did it to protect you and your opinion from even more bashing. My statement of preferences was appearantly hurtful, and as you felt hurt by it you had the rights to comment on it.

This will be my final word about this incident. It was a mistake, and I apologise.

Yo!