104 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:01 PM

Alright, since the rules for this variant of WW game have already been tested (a lot) and seem to work very well, I'll start this game before the evaluation of game 2. This game is for five players only, and the five players who sign up first get to play. However, if you would like to try it, and five players have already signed up, please sign up anyway, since if more than five players sign up, I'll run another one of these later on where the people who signed up for this one, but didn't get to play, get dips on getting in.

Note that this game is not an rpg game, but is mainly about deduction. Here are the rules, as explained by Alex himself:

This game is mostly deduction / bluffing.

Here are the rules:

The game begins with a 1st night session in which the werewolf does NOT get to kill someone. Roles with night abilities other than the werewolf use them now.

Next is the 1st day. The group lynches one player. Any player may make an accusation against another player. If the majority of players vote for the accusation, then that player is "on the block". A player on the block makes a defense speech, and then a death vote is called. If a majority vote for death in the death vote, the players is dead and may no longer talk (post)...no dying words or anything. If a majority do not vote for the death speech, it doesnt occur. If a subsequent lynching attempt is made against the same player, they must again go through two votes, a 'on the block' vote and a death vote.

Next is the 2nd night (assuming the werewolf is still alive). All abilities are used, including the werewolf's ability to kill.

Next is 2nd day, there are 3 players left, they lynch one player, with the same rules. This ends the game.

When a player dies, his or her role is NOT revealed. That player may no longer post (talk). However, from the time of the first death to the end of game will likely be short, relative to the total game time.

The roles: I will randomly assign the following roles to the players:

Werewolf. (Duh!)

Sorcerer: The sorcerer wants the werewolf to win, and wins if the werewolf wins, even if the sorcerer is dead. The sorcerer looks like a villager to the seer. During the night, the sorcerer looks at one player and determines if they are the SEER or not. The sorcerer does NOT know the identity of the werewolf, the werewolf does NOT know the identity of the sorcerer.

Seer: During the night, looks at one player and determines if they are the WEREWOLF or not.

Hunter: If the game ends with the Hunter and Werewolf as the only 2 remaining players, then the hunter kills the werewolf and the villager team wins the game. Thus, the Werewolf/Sorcerer team must either kill the hunter or get him lynched, in order to win.

Villager: Basic villager.

You can email privately, and claim whatever you want, but of course, you cannot PROVE your role. I will inform each player of his or her role to start the game.

Some strategy notes:

The hunter just needs to live in order to win. He is even more critical to the villager side than the seer is! Convincing the werewolf that he is the sorcerer can often result in a win for the villager team. But if he looks like a sorcerer to everyone, they may lynch him in day 1.

The sorcerer needs to be active, to help his team win. If he strongly believes the hunter to be dead, then in Day 2, he can offer himself to be lynched, and win (if the hunter really is dead).

The seer should probably reveal his information at a critical time in day 1. By day 2, it'll be him, werewolf, and either sorcerer or good guy. If sorcerer, the "I'm the seer and its X" will not work, the sorcerer wants to save the wolf. If villager, then its just his word against the wolf, of who is the real seer.

If the seer sees an innocent person, he can message that player and tell that player what he knows. Of course, he might have seen the sorcerer. Or the sorcerer might be the one claiming to be the seer in a private message, telling somoene they know they are innocent to get that person on his side.
The villager team wants for round 1 to last a long time, dragging out enough information to make a very educated guess as to who is the wolf. Random killing benefits the wolf, possibilities for deduction benefit the good side. As a member of the good team, be VERY careful of lynching someone. If you go along with the wolf and sorcerer to lynch an innocent, you have probably reached a 2 on 1 situation against the evil characters, which is very bad (especially if you are not the hunter).

A few clarifications:

1) There is no time limit on game turns. A night turn runs untill the werewolf, sorceror and seer have done their thing. A day turn runs untill someone has been lynched. Thus the game will end on turn 3 at the latest, as Alex explains.

You don't have to nominate anyone for lynching (although, if no one ever gets around to it, the game won't progress), but you do have to vote yes or no when a player is on the block (but not before that players defense speech).

As soon as there is a majority for either putting a player on the block or lynching a player (if he's already on the block), it's too late to change your votes, and further voting will be disregarded.

When Alex says that you can't prove your role, that means that you can't post any PM's from me in the game. You can, however, post any PM's from other players (or forge PM's and post those, if you like). In General, anything goes, except posting anything you've been told by me in private.

I think that's about it, but I may have missed something. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them. Sign up in this thread please. :max:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

*signs up*

Which setting will it be?

(I'll edit this post as my character later)

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

Well, there's no setting really, but if you like you can imagine it's a transylvanian village. :max:

Also, there's no need to create a character, as this game won't focus on roleplaying, but rather on deduction and bluffing.

#4 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

Okay, I got to know earlier than I expected and unfortunately I can play. I'm in.
...70 years... LOL

#5 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:31 PM

Unfortunately? What is it you're missing?

#6 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

Work. Looks like I'm on vacation rest of this week...
...70 years... LOL

#7 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:16 PM

I'll sign up. May remove myself after I've read the rules :max:

Wanted to sign up before it's full.

Edit: Yep, I'll play.
Me>You

#8 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:53 AM

Alright, so that's three. We're still missing two players, though. Does no one else want to play?

#9 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:01 AM

Want: Yes
Can: No
:max:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

I would like to but kinda got some things working on atm sorries :max:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#11 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:53 PM

Same here. Busy packing and checking that everything is ok, before I leave (and the trip itself will take 26 hours - if I don't get any delays). :max:

Yo!

#12 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

Any chance if we'd get this thing going some day? :)
...70 years... LOL

#13 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:18 AM

Sure thing. Now that some time's passed, I guess there is a chance that some more people have time. So let's try the sign-up process again. :)

I think it would be a good idea if those of you who have already signed up could confirm that you still want to play, and still have time. As before, anyone is free to signup, and the 5 people who sign up first will get to play in the first game. So far we have three players, assuming all of them still can (and want to) play.

#14 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

Pick me! Pick me! :)

No seriously, I confirm here and now.
...70 years... LOL

#15 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

I sign up... again :)

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)