750 replies to this topic

#46 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:21 PM

Oh God, I admit it! I just purchased The Beastmaster Special Edition. I couldn't help it, I swear. I didn't mean to, it just sort of happened.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#47 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

Just ordered from Amazon.ca:

1. Kamelot - Karma (Been looking for this one for ages, really tough cd to find)

2. Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (My recent rekindled interest in DT motivated me to finally put down the big cash for this 2cd set)
:D

#48 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Managed to get myself a copy of James Labrie- Elements of Persuasion, his 3rd solo album apparently from what I've seen, 12 tracks and pretty much all are very good tracks all around, very impressed by his work mainly because a lot of heavier stuff than what he usually sings with Dream Theater, I thought before he couldn't sing power metal style tracks, after listening to this album, I no longer feel that way, incredible album.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#49 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:13 AM

Just won these on ebay:

1. Ulver - Bergtatt (Black/Death/Folk metal masterpiece. Good luck finding this one in stores anywhere outside Finland)

2. Ulver - Kveldsjanger (Their acoustic folk album. Simply amazing music, and hearing nordic dual acoustic melodies is almost a fetish for me)

3. Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse (Black/Death metal. The most evil, insane and grim album ever conceived and recorded. Recorded on 4 track in a forest in Sweden this album is the real deal when it comes to death metal.)

Its about time I picked up some of the classic death metal releases. Besides I'm not in the best of moods these days and nothing like some extreme metal to get that aggression out.  LOL  :blink:

#50 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:37 PM

30 bucks later (Ack only thing about this that really makes me go come on.) picked up Bruce Dickinson's SkunkWorks, really good album overall, really unique sounding sounds on this one, this one is album number 3 in his solo endenvours in 1996, liking the tracks so far and came with 2nd cd with some cool bonus tracks.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#51 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:52 PM

Picked up over the last few days:

Kreator - Violent Revolution (Great melodic thrash cd. Seeing them live in March, can't wait!!)

Borkangar - The Archaic Course (Epic melodic death. Very advanced song arrangements and fantastic guitar melodies.)

#52 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:10 PM

Picked up a couple too last couple of days

Dream Theater- Metropolis PT 2 : Scenes from a memory, this one is their concept album, pretty good story from what I read, a little confusing to follow but really liking this album would have to say it's my favourite of the 3 albums I own of them. LOL

Iron Maiden- Seventh Son of a Seventh Son- Again why did I pick up a concept album ah well 8 tracks a bunch of my favs on this one, evil that men do, moonchild, only the good die young, great album. :blink:

#53 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:00 PM

Latest Music was a Chuck Berry's Greatest Hits, to add on to my collection.

Movie?
Must be Total Recall.  :blink:
Before that Edward Scissorhands, then Dune.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#54 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:53 AM

Last friday picked up Iron Maiden's Dance of Death, latest album from them released 2003, wow is all I can say, wow  :blink: awesome album great number of songs like rainmaker, dance of death, no more lies journeyman, and so on, great pick up for 15 bucks :D.

#55 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

Heh, that's funny, I bought that album about four months ago. I agree that it's a great album. I especially like the title track and Paschendale.

Also, a couple of days ago I bought the "Jul Pĺ Vesterbro" dvd for my brothers birthday, and while I was at it I picked up a copy for myself. :blink:

#56 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:09 PM

Yeah it's a great album a bunch of tracks I missed mentioning like Face in the Sand
Montségur, Face In The Sand, Age Of Innocence gates of tomorrow, dance of death especially one of my favs, because it sounds like a dance with the way the guitars manage to play their riffs. :D

BTW side question for ya Flop did your copy of Dance of Death come with an annoying prompt when you first put it into your computer's cd-rom asking to install some files, then basically playing off it's own player? Curious because that's the only thing about this CD that annoys me. :blink:

#57 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:44 PM

DeathDude, on Dec 5 2005, 03:09 PM, said:

BTW side question for ya Flop did your copy of Dance of Death come with an annoying prompt when you first put it into your computer's cd-rom asking to install some files, then basically playing off it's own player? Curious because that's the only thing about this CD that annoys me. :blink:
Yeah, it did. Pretty annoying, I must say. Luckily I usually don't listen to cd's on the computer, so it really isn't much of an issue for me.

#58 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

Well we can thank Steve Harris for most likely putting that on the cd, thanks Steve :blink:

Anyways picked up two cd's today.

Dream Theater- A Change of Seasons, 14 bucks, 5 tracks, actually 4 cover songs from some bands, like perfect strangers by deep purple, pretty okay the covers, the big thing on the album is the track change of seasons 24 mins long, not joking on this, divided into 7 parts in the track, killer track. :D

Bruce Dickinson- Balls to Picasso, really progressive album by Dickinson, this was his 2nd solo album, 28 bucks 2 discs, definitely worth it for the 2nd cd and 16 bonus tracks, so far so good on em. :D

#59 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

Excellent pickups DD. Balls to Picasso is very underrated and is one of Dickinson's best solo endeavors. Change of Seasons is just :blink:

#60 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

Change of seasons somehow was expecting at least more than one original track, I mean it is a killer track all in it's own right, but covers from other artists, not really necessary nice tribute but whateva still for 14 bucks decent pickup.