Action Games

208 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

If you would like to review any of these games, please send a PM to Frodo (me),  or simply post in this thread.  

Thanks.    :whistle:

Action

Alien Breed: Obliteration - A remake of Team17's Alien Breed - with 15 additional levels.

Allegiance - Online multiplayer combat game with RTS teamwork elements.

Area 2048 - Japanese space shooter.

Blast Doors - In the late 21st century, the world supply of fossil fuels dwindles away to nothing. The industrialized nations panic, searching desperately for alternative fuels. But it is too late. The monolith of industry has expanded beyond the limits of Earth's resources. Transport fails. Food supplies stand still. The world erupts into chaotic warfare.

Cholo Remake - Using the droids in the city (your only means of contact with the surface), free the citizens of Cholo from the bunker where they have taken refuge for hundreds of years.  

Commander Keen 4: Secret of the Oracle - Should be self-explanatory.

Conquest - Conquest is a real-time, multi-player space warfare game.

Crown and Cutlass - 3D pirate action/adventure game in the spirit of <i>Sid Meier's Pirates!</i>.

Cyberdogs - Take the role of a soldier as you go to destroy enemy installations, kill the baddies and collect resources.

Disasteroids 3D - a 3D Asteroids remake in OpenGL.

Elite - Classic space based action/simulation game.

Elite - Space based action/simulation game, a remake of the original <i>Elite Plus</i>.

Equinox - Space combat game with lots of action.

Foxeroids - Asteroids-style gameplay.

Foxivious - Action-based game similar to Fox Battle, with a space theme.

Gearhead - Robot Combat.

Gearhead - More robot Combat.

GNU Tournament - First-person shooter title under development (but playable).

Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, The - The premise is simple: up to 6 historical figures (half of whom can be human-controlled simultaneously) duke it out in a vast arena where the last man standing will be declared the winner.

Hornado - An awesome action-packed spaceshooter-game with unbelievable graphics, says the author.

Just Another Ninja Engine (JANE) - Remake of the old Commodore 64 game <i>The Last Ninja</i>.

Legends - Legends is a fast-paced first-person-perspective online multiplayer game released as freeware (software license). The game is designed to take advantage of the beautiful environments available from the Torque engine it is based on, while still offering the breakneck pacing and variety of styles available from such classics as Quake and Tribes.

Major Stryker - Major Stryker is the first Apogee game with "triple-parallax scrolling", adding to the illusion of depth and danger. Your mission is to pilot a high-powered, armored space ship through dozens of stunning scenarios, such as space stations, lava caves and alien cities.

Meteor Storm - Space combat game in which you destroy meteors (what else?)

Molez - '97 made deathmatch in sidescrolling random levels with wide variety of weapons.

NaaC - NaaC is a fast single-screen shooter in which you can kill thousand of smelling aliens. Play as a space marine, kidnapped from the Earth, packed with only a jetpack and a pistol, and defeat a horde of monster!

Oolite - Space combat action from a first person perspective.

Operation Spacehog - Operation Spacehog is a horizontal scrolling shoot-'em-up game for one or two players. If you ever played any old console shooters you'll know what it's all about; control a small spacecraft in a battle against horrible odds.

Outgun - Outgun is a simple multiplayer capture-the-flag game in 2D top-down view, to be played on a network. Servers up to 32 players are supported.

Phobia - Aliens come onto the screen, and you blast them. <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->Aramatheus 11/10/06<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Phobia II - You are alone (or with a friend) in the middle of a hostile alien planet. There is no hope for surviving the swarms of aliens, your mind is only on one thing: kill as many aliens as you can.

Really Rather Good Battles In Space - Really Rather Good Battles in space, is a space combat game, that is full of such really rather good battles of course.

RecWar - Welcome to the old official RecWar Homepage. RecWar is a free, top-down vehicle deathmatch game.

Return of the Triad - Return of the triad is a homage to the oringal rise of the triad [ROTT] by apogee games, using zdoom features.

RoboForge The future is here. Roboforge lets you construct gigantic robotic gladiators, train them to think and fight, and then unleash them in massive international tournaments for money and prizes.

Rocket Ranger - With the "zap"ping of ray guns and the cries of Zombie Women, Rocket Ranger brings all the action, romance, thrills, and spills of the Saturday morning serial! The action begins with an urgent message from the future. . . a future that saw the Nazis win Word War II! An underground group of scientists in the 21st century risk their lives to send you a jet-propelled rocket suit, ray gun and secret decoder wheel.

Scorched 3D - Scorched 3D is a game based loosely (or actually quite heavily now) on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth "The Mother Of All Games". Scorched 3D adds amongst other new features a 3D island environment and LAN and internet play.

Shotgun Debugger - Shotgun Debugger is a 2D, top-down action game. It is The Future, and your habit of computer network exploration has finally done you in. You are captured and taken to a strange underground complex populated by robot soldiers. Your task is to escape the facility - but the hordes of walking death machines aren't just gonna let you walk out...

Sinbad - Get ready for pirates and genies, romance and heartbreak, comedy and tragedy, set in a fantastic universe that begs to be explored. Steel yourself for the ultimate challenge to your skills as swordsman, leader and navigator.

Star Cage - Star Cage is a space shooter featuring 360 degrees full screen rotation and scrolling, made in the style of "Seek and Destroy".

Star Castle - Remake of the original Star Castle title.

Star Fight series - The StarFight game series is the industry's longest-running series of freeware or public-domain scifi adventure/action games. A total of six StarFight games have been developed since 1996, and the seventh one is on the way. No other non-commercial game series even comes close to this.

Starship Exeter: Defender Of The Federation - Take control of the USS Exeter and battle Klingons, Romulans, and Tressaurians in this old school Star Trek themed arcade shooter.

Transcend - Transcend can best be described as a retro-style, abstract, 2D shooter. The graphics are geometrical, and the pace is sometimes frenzied.

Tumiki Fighter - Stick more enemies and become much stronger in sticky 2D shooter <i>TUMIKI Fighters</i>.

Urban: The cyborg project - A great platform game, but the game contains scenes of violence and gore!  You are Urban, a cyborg of no feelings, with the one and only mission to get out of the military base, and to create the worst blood bath possible on the way

Wazzal - The game starts when you capture a ship to become an interplanetary pirate. The idea is to fly your ships in our solar system and accomplish missions while gathering a fleet of ships to fight bigger foes.

Wild Metal Country - Wild Metal Country is a action game in which you control a little tank (there are five different tanks you can select). Tank-like machines have gone wild on the three different planets of the Tehric system and your job is to defeat them.

Wulfram <i>(dead link - let us know if you find another source)</i> - Space combat game. What makes this game unique is the freedom it integrates into how a player decides to play the game. The player is part of a team, and can help that team win in many different ways.

XPilot NG (Multiplayer 2D spacewar game) - XPilot NG is a multi-player 2D spacewar game. It is an extended version of XPilot, a true Internet classic. As in XPilot, the aim of the game is to have fun and to beat your fellow pilots. In a team game, you can humiliate your enemies, blow up their ships and steal their treasure.

XShipWars - XShipWars is a highly customizable multiplayer space gaming system designed for play over the Internet.

Zaxxon Remake - Zaxxon was a classic game from 1982 that was unusual as an isometric shoot-em-up.  

Zelda - Secret of Eternia (Fan-made Zelda game) - A fan-made addition to the Zelda series.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 TheEvilOfMen

TheEvilOfMen

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Shame about Cholo.. I could have reviewed that one easily.

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Um, the link isn't broken... I accessed the site...  ;)

#4 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

I'll do a review of the Zaxxon Remake.  ;)

EDIT: Review sent via PM. :D

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Big review time. We need a really good game... a big one. :P

I will review Cube 2: Sauerbraten! :P

#6 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

View PostNick, on 8 Mar 2010, 11:52 PM, said:

Big review time. We need a really good game... a big one. :Titan:

I will review Cube 2: Sauerbraten! :bye:

*cough*
:P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

View PostNick, on 8 Mar 2010, 11:52 PM, said:

I will review Cube 2: Sauerbraten! :Titan:

So Nick... how's that review coming along?  :P

#8 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

:P Had some trouble installing it. A few months ago, I was half-way into the loooong download... but then it froze. :Titan: I will try again soon.

#9 LorrieMurrill

LorrieMurrill

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Ermmm .. Is that Review of Cube 2 up ? I had trouble searching for it!

Edited by LorrieMurrill, 24 November 2023 - 04:29 PM.

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Had some issues. Couldn't review it.

If you want to review it, you can.  :thumbsup:

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Added Dark Horizons: Lore Invasion   :sweat:

#12 Ribby

Ribby

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

View PostFrodo, on 12 July 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Added Dark Horizons: Lore Invasion   :sweat:

I was the one who referred it from the Abandonia forum. I can volunteer to review this game. Let me know what are the standard and I will sumbit the review text.

There are so many games in this forum waiting for reviews here!

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Hey Ribby.  Welcome to Reloaded.   :redghost:   Glad you found your way here.     :cyanghost:

As long as you're not the creator of Dark Horizons, we would love to have you review it.    :sweat:  

Here's a simple review template, that one of our admins made.  We usually like to have up to 3 good points, and up to 3 bad points for the review.  

If you need any help with taking screenshots, please have a look a this thread.    Anywhere between 5 shots & 15 shots, plus a title shot, is ideal.   :P

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.    LOL

If there's any more games you'd like to review, just let us know by sending me a PM, or posting in the thread.    :ok:

Thanks for wanting to help out Reloaded.   :D

#14 Ribby

Ribby

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

Hi Frodo, I'm making the game review as I type this reply.

I have one question.

Should I include the content from the Content Submission thread?
http://www.reloaded....p?showtopic=51#

#15 Ribby

Ribby

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hey, where do I submit my review for Dark Horizons Lore: Invasion? In this thread or PM? The attachment limit is too small for my screenshot submission.

I can't put anything on the shoutbox.

Edited by Ribby, 15 July 2011 - 04:09 PM.

Reply to this topic