Quest For Glory Ii: Trial By Fire Remake

20 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

I can't wait to try this one. I can't make up my mind about whether to replay all of the games, with the same character, starting with the first one, or just play this one, though.

I think I'll probably end up replaying all of them, but for now I don't have time, unfortunately.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#3 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:08 PM

The game will still be here, whenever you DO have time.   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 heflys20

heflys20

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:30 AM

I like this remake......A lot. However, the combat irks me to no end. Enemies are extremely cheap, hitting the player three or four times before they can react. Furthermore, your initial stats make you so weak it's surprising you can kill anything.  I spent hours/days (game time that is) at the adventures guild, and still had trouble beating even a bandit.

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

The combat system was the one thing that got me as well.

If you put your skill level all the way down, and make sure the auto thing is on, then combat is easier, and enemies won't have any nasty surprises for you.  Having said that, I still couldn't beat anythinything until Day 7, and I had been training for many hours each day up until then.

If you find yourself in combat, and you know you won't win, just press 'Esc' to run away.

;)

#6 heflys20

heflys20

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:54 AM

View PostFrodo, on Oct 8 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

The combat system was the one thing that got me as well.

If you put your skill level all the way down, and make sure the auto thing is on, then combat is easier, and enemies won't have any nasty surprises for you.  Having said that, I still couldn't beat anythinything until Day 7, and I had been training for many hours each day up until then.

If you find yourself in combat, and you know you won't win, just press 'Esc' to run away.

;)

I was trying to avoid using the assist thing, but it looks like I'll have no choice.  The combat engine is simply too difficult....I know they were trying to improve it, but I prefer the original version.  This title wasn't made to be an entirely combat focused game.

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

The combat is a LOT harder, no doubt about that.  

I've never been much good at fighting stuff, so I kept the skill level away down.  Even then, I had to be a lot stronger than in the original, in order to fight anything.

;)

#8 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

View PostFrodo, on Oct 11 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

The combat is a LOT harder, no doubt about that.  

I've never been much good at fighting stuff, so I kept the skill level away down.  Even then, I had to be a lot stronger than in the original, in order to fight anything.

:D

It does follow the original except that the streets are easier to follow, although as you chaps say the fighting is tougher here. Overall the colours and conversations make it interesting ^_^!
Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely ia some clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#9 toolman24594

toolman24594

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

How do you load your character from part 1

#10 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

Hey Toolman, welcome to Reloaded.   ^_^

To import a character, start the game as normal.  From the intro screen, you will see a menu giving you a choice of Introduction, Start New Hero, Import A Hero, Continue Quest.  Just click on Import Hero.   :D

[attachment=817:QFG2Intro.png]

#11 toolman24594

toolman24594

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:34 AM

Thanks.

I tried that and it says that there is nothing to load...Can you copy the game file from QFG1 and paste it in the QFG2 folder?

Also in QFG1 in Yoriko's maze of doors, I have followed the game guide and cant get through the door, any suggestions...

View PostFrodo, on Jan 21 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Hey Toolman, welcome to Reloaded.   ^_^

To import a character, start the game as normal.  From the intro screen, you will see a menu giving you a choice of Introduction, Start New Hero, Import A Hero, Continue Quest.  Just click on Import Hero.   :D

Attachment QFG2Intro.png

#12 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

I tried that and it says that there is nothing to load...Can you copy the game file from QFG1 and paste it in the QFG2 folder?
Hmm.  I'm not sure, but it can't hurt to try.   ^_^

Also in QFG1 in Yoriko's maze of doors, I have followed the game guide and cant get through the door, any suggestions...
Have you got rid of Yorick yet?  You have to talk to him lots, and mention Elsa.
After that, the maze is tricky.  You have to pull levers, then run QUICKLY through door, to the next part.  Your end goal is door at the top right.   :D

#13 toolman24594

toolman24594

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Ive tried asking  him about everything then it says he is suppposed to go, but the only way I can get him to leave is to try using magic...If i pull the chain and run quickly to the top right and it says you thought it was a door here...so IDK????

View PostFrodo, on Jan 23 2009, 02:55 AM, said:

Hmm.  I'm not sure, but it can't hurt to try.   ^_^

Have you got rid of Yorick yet?  You have to talk to him lots, and mention Elsa.
After that, the maze is tricky.  You have to pull levers, then run QUICKLY through door, to the next part.  Your end goal is door at the top right.   :D

#14 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

Send me a saved game, before entering the maze, and I'll see what I can work out.   :D

#15 toolman24594

toolman24594

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

What do I send you??? Sorry...:-)

View PostFrodo, on Jan 23 2009, 09:13 AM, said:

Send me a saved game, before entering the maze, and I'll see what I can work out.   :D

Reply to this topic