348 replies to this topic

#241 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

Mushroom of Death. There's a Potion of Death too.

Qulthyug, I believe. I just discovered those dragons the other day; they're a great source of both experience and stuff for mid-level characters, and it's fairly safe since you can run back off to the next map tile if you encounter one whose attack you're not resistant to or something else shows up too.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#242 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:38 AM

God I hate all monsters that summon more monsters which happen to be stronger then the first monster -.- I also hate the human bosses (most of them steal your gold and teleport to another side of the map

#243 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:01 AM

Aw crap died on level 42 surrounded by monster and 2 greater titans on the level i had to kill 8 greater titans (rigged 100ishdamage x 4 attacks) and summons like anything from level 30-50 ugh :/ and right before i kill them they heal so imba.

edit: Why is everyone so inactive on the forum -.-
edit2: yippie i beat oberon after using 2 rune of protections 3 *healing* potions and three genocide scrolls ... that is if anyone is going to read this...

#244 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:40 PM

Wow, nice. It's pretty much just me reading these I think :D

Finally found a copy of Chaos Channels, just before reaching clvl 40 - Mother Hydra dropped one. Woo!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#245 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Nov 10 2007, 04:40 PM, said:

Wow, nice. It's pretty much just me reading these I think :)
Wrong.:huh:

I can't play Zangband on my laptop, though, unfortunately. Stupid keybindings.:D

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#246 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

You could try the rogue-like keyset, that uses the keyboard rather than the numpad. 's a bit odd, though :D works quite well with the unified use key option.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#247 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

Holy cow people posted!!! :huh:
anyways
Ah I just drank a denation potion however it only did 500 damage permently scarred(healing potions didnt work however the monks at the healing temple worked) me and knocked me out (for a short while)

Hm I wonder what would happen if you collected them to throw them at the enemy !:D

#248 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

Dang, might have to dip into my pockets and pay for a teleport - level 44 is guarded by chuffing Santa Claus, and there's pretty much no way I can take him on at this point - he's well hard.

You do realise you can identify those potions, right? :D
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#249 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

yeah but most of the time its a waste of money

god I hate santa claus when i faced him he kept summoning unique monsters and dragons and I nearly got killed -.-

#250 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

By the time you find potions of detonation, how are you not loaded? My current character has ... <goes to check> ... 1.35 million gold on hand, plus a pile of unsold artifacts in her home and the nearly-unused ability to transform things she'd otherwise leave behind into gold, and isn't going to find a potion of detonations for a while yet; the few hundred to get your stuff IDd by the rogues is a bit of a drop in the ocean :D
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#251 Mystic

Mystic

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

pfffffffffffft*(spits out coke) 1.35 million? :O I always stay below 100k since I keep all my artifacts have 99 satify hunger, 99 heroism potions,99 scrolls of holy chant, 99 word of recalls :D or maybe its the fact I only pick up real artifacts and never bother selling excellent+ items -.-

Anyways back on the game I found like 3 awesome artifacts thanks to loki the trickster who summoned unique monsters x 2 which semi sucks cause I had to waste 4 *healing* potions after losing all my hp in 2 rounds and some ancient dragons one of the unique monsters turned out to be Cerberus(the like 2000 damage fire breather) and guess what? I had immunity to fire... Anyways every turn or two he would breathe fire obliverating everything except for me of course plus he cant kill unique monsters so I chipped off their 1 hp's for all their wonderful exp :huh:

heres the drops that pwned :)
The Adamantite Plate Mail 'SoulKeeper' (-4) [40+20](60 armor!!!)(2)

"It can be activated for heal (1000 , my max hp is 1050) every 888 turns if it is being worn. Increases constitution(2)" and just gives resistance to acid cold dark nether nexus chaos and life draining.

then the set gauntlets of Thanos

Carries Ancient Foul Curse heavyly cursed , teleports randomly, aggravates monsters

But increases str dex (2) IMMUNITY to fire(had on my old gloves but doesnt matter) and COLD, resistance to poison confusion nether nexus chaos disenchantment and life draining though also hinders skill and damage by 11 =(

and two rings of 9 speed (there was a dozen other ones aswell but they werent as great)

Edit: there was also a potion of "New Life" in the black market selling for 290 billion i believe.

edit2: Also I went onto a level with "The Pattern"  a while ago. which had all these wierd blue tiles that drained your health and if you stepped off of it  would summon "Pattern Vortex" which must've had over a million health cause the first slash I did I couldnt even see the damage. There was alot of darn hounds everywhere however I eventually beat them and got to the middle and the centre (it was a eye the symbols together) and when you stepped on the middle part it could teleport level much like the trump tower however it could go by the dreadful level 98 Boss "The Unicorn of Order"edit:(sidequest boss) which is completely rediculous and impossible.

#252 Brobex

Brobex

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

Hey all,
Playing the TK version - can't be bothered to figure out the keyboard configurations for the standard on my laptop - and I've got a question:
What does a wand or rod of 'disarming' do?  I've played around with it but I just can't figure out if it actually does anything.
Haven't made it past level 30 yet.  Beware the vault quest!

peace and happy new year

#253 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:03 PM

Disarms traps. It may or may not require a direction, think it does off the top of my head. Vaguely useful if you get traps created by Robin Hood or someone, or when you encounter chests. Normally, trap detection is more important than disarming since you can avoid them or disarm them yourself. It's worth noting that they don't affect monsters, unlike in some other RLs.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#254 Brobex

Brobex

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:48 AM

Duh..of course!  And here I was thinking it would make my foe drop his weapon.  I was misled by the fact that the rods fetched a fair amount of cash in the magic shop.

Thanks, this has really been bugging me......

#255 Baelinicus

Baelinicus

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

Sorry for the bump.

I have a large problem- I played ZangbandTK when it came with PC gamer. When I purchased a new computer, I attempted to reinstall it, but to my horror, it didn't work.

I set about the process of downloading and installing it. It was all fine, until I attempted to run it. When suddenly, an error!

Theres an error sourcing the boot.tcl file.

'wrong # args: should be "source fileName"

And it does not run, whatever I do. The directory has no spaces, and so does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks very much.

-Baelinicus

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic