Pleurghburg: Dark Ages

11 replies to this topic

#1 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:42 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#2 Gorilla

Gorilla

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:40 AM

It's like CSI. EXCEPT THAT IT'S THE WORST EPISODE EVER. CBS wouldn't even score a .001% viewership if they showed an episode of CSI like this.

#3 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:42 AM

I found it short and fun.
But I can't give it too much cred, just feels a bit empty.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#4 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

This is a nice 'dark' game.   :P

The story really draws you in.  And I like how it's divided into 'morning', 'afternoon' and 'evening'.  Some of the puzzles are a bit hard, but it's a lot of fun working them out.   :D

The graphics are nice and colourful.  The main character really stands out.

:blink:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:09 AM

Gorilla, on Feb 3 2006, 12:40 AM, said:

It's like CSI. EXCEPT THAT IT'S THE WORST EPISODE EVER. CBS wouldn't even score a .001% viewership if they showed an episode of CSI like this.
Hmm, so what exactly does that signify then, considering the game obviously isn't called CSI?:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#6 Kal'

Kal'

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:41 AM

Reminds me of my first steps in MsPaint  :blink:
Sometimes I just don't know what to do, and the games hardly gives any hint at all in some places.
But the story is quite interesting, so I'll keep playing it

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:55 PM

One of the longest freeware games I've ever played, so that says a lot. :blink: And that this game was pretty much developed by one person, that's pretty amazing. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 Kal'

Kal'

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

Finished! Yeah  :P
I think at the end the developer just wanted to finish the game. I missed somehow the atmosphere as given at the beginning. The games goes "faster", there are lots of scenes in which you are automaticly taken to another location.

But it's a fine game at all!  :blink:

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

This is slightly off-topic, but did you know Tom likes Pleurghburg so much, he put it on The List twice?:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#10 RClairemont

RClairemont

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

Anybody else having problems with when you try to dial a phone number the game crashes?  
After I got the list of phone numbers from the red book, I go back to the apartment and try to dial them but when I click OK the game crashes.  I've tried doing it by pushing enter instead of clicking, but the game still crashes.  I'm REALLY into this game and want to finish it really badly.  Please if anyone knows what causes this and how I can fix it please let me know!
Thanks!

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

What error does it give you when the game crashes? Have you tried to resave the game, to another save location.

You could save the game to another location, head out, find the pleurghberg file and delete the old save, which should end in like 000 or something along those lines.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#12 catchaserguns

catchaserguns

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

This is a good game. I needed a walkkthrough for it. If you have difficulty starting it you must run the setup first on the first menu of the game.

Reply to this topic