142 replies to this topic

#76 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:50 AM

Sinke, on Mar 22 2006, 12:12 AM, said:

It doesn't work for me. Is it possible that this is because I have downloaded game files in "My games" folder insted of "CoolBlue Game studios" ?
It shouldn't make any difference where you download the game to.

Can you tell us more about the problem.  Do you get any error messages etc?

:huh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#77 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

It's like this:

In game, after a detective wakes up in the grave- the inventory becomes inoperative. As I have read, I'm not the only one with this problem and author is aware of it.

I have downloaded the patch, and when asked to browse to the directory of the game for patch install, I recieve message "Invalid directory" altough I set it to the directory where the game is.

I'm not angry or mad because of this, but maybe the author would like to fix it. It's probably one of the best freeware games around.
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#78 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

@ Sinke

Delete the acsetup.cfg from your game folder.
Install the patch into your game folder (doesn't matter what you called it).
The game should work now.

When you read the ReadMe file, it should mention version 1.1.

Please post again if you have any more problems.

Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#79 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

Yeah- I tried that and it still doesn't work! It still says "invalid directory".

Anyway, I will reinstall the game and report my progress with this.  

#80 Vampywampy

Vampywampy

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:24 AM

aasdffsdafas

Okay, so I installed the patch, it DEFINITELY patched okay.

But my inventory doesn't work at the part where I'm guessing I have to play the music box for the guy in the hut?

Fix dat stuff yo'. :<
:'<

#81 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

Vampywampy, on Mar 23 2006, 07:24 AM, said:

aasdffsdafas

Okay, so I installed the patch, it DEFINITELY patched okay.

But my inventory doesn't work at the part where I'm guessing I have to play the music box for the guy in the hut?

Fix dat stuff yo'. :<
Try restarting the game.   :huh:

#82 Vampywampy

Vampywampy

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:25 AM

AUGH. ><

Well I guess I should, cos' I really can't remember the story. :huh:
:'<

#83 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

Or try this saved game: http://geocities.com.../bugfixlitn.zip

#84 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

I'm sorry, it still doesn't work.....

I have re-installed the game into the folder "Igrice" ( "Games" in my language ) which is on my desktop. I use Win XP.

When I commanded patch installer to upgrade game version, it said that this folder was invalid....

"Invalid directory"

There was no .cfg file because game was not configured yet. However, in the past I have deleted this file when somebody here told me that would help- there was no effect.

I started the game using bugfixed save state where Burak gets up from the grave. The game would go quite well until the moment where a player would have to put music box in front of the doors.

The inventory would not work on this place. That was before using the bugfixed save-state. Now I used that state- and it was possible to use the inventory. But a new problem came only two minutes later....

After I would take the keys, Burak would automatically go to the dark forrest near the restaurant claiming "It got quite dark when I returned". When I would come in front of the restaurant, there would be no other way then to go after already passed path- to the restaurant. ( There is no option to go anywhere else) In the restaurant, player is suddenly back to the scene of torture followed by ice surrounding, fighting with evil, meeting with Burak's girl and again waking up in the grave.  This is loop caused by a bug of certain sort.

I'd like to help clear this mess. Can I mail somebody pictures of my "PrtSc" jpgs for even more detailed explanation? Maybe there is really something I do wrong. I patched a small army of programmes, nothing was killing me like this.

#85 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

Sinke - try this, and let me know if it works.    :huh:

1.  Download, and unzip the Lost In The Nightmare game.

2.  Double-click on litnsetup.exe to extract the files.

3.  Delete acsetup.cfg from this folder.

4.  Download, and unzip litnv11 patch.

5.  Double-click on litnv11.  Type in the correct path to your Lost In The Nightmare folder.  Click 'Next'.

6.  Click 'Start', to start updating the game to version 1.1.

7.  Click 'Next', and then 'Exit'.

8.  Go back to your game folder, and read the Readme file.  It should mention Version 1.1

#86 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

I found the problem, and it is nothing we expected. It has never happened to me before, and it is a good to know for all of us in the future....

The path I installed the game in was

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\SINI?A\DESKTOP\IGRICE\NIGHTMARE

But the file patcher somehow didn't read the letter "?" !
Browse window of patch-installer said the file path is :

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\SINI#A\DESKTOP\IGRICE\NIGHTMARE

Since there was no SINI#A folder, the patch installer was dazzled.

I managed to update files when I transfered folder NIGHTMARE in simple
C:

Thank you all for your help and patience. I only don't know why this never happened before, but at least now we know how to work with this problem in the future.

#87 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:56 AM

Well at least the problem is solved.
I hope you can enjoy the game now.

#88 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

Hello everyone :P I want to announce that I'm planning to release the tech demo of Lost In The Nightmare: Unforgettable Memories this week (on Friday, if I manage to finish it). Now I just need a proof-reader; as my English isn't perfect, and one of the negative points of LitN 1 was the weak English (I didn't work with proof-readers for the first game of the serie.). I would really glad if someone could help me with this :roflol:

By the way, I want to thank everyone who commented about LitN, you really motivated me for the sequel.  :huh:

#89 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

How much text is there? If you've got it all in plain format (so I don't have to play through the game first) I'd be happy to look over it for you.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#90 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

I guess it will be about 4-5 pages when finished. I will send the texts as a plain format. Thank you much   :huh:

Reply to this topic