93 replies to this topic

#61 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:39 AM

Awesome work dude, the candle one is also my favourite, but they are all equally really nice.  :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#62 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:56 PM

Yup, candle is my fav too.

Tai, you just made me think dirty! :)
...70 years... LOL

#63 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

You probably don't understand the significance of the last picture.  I am currently in advanced schooling for my military job, which is a power generation equipment repairman.  I am basically a mechanic for electrical generators.  The bomb-looking thing is the symbol for army ordnance and I added the flag to signify America.  the desert has schematic diagrams in it and the other side has some electrical components and testing equipment.  I didn't really expect it to be a big hit, but since it was something that I recently completed I wanted to add it.  We are all required to have a "class project" and this was my part in it.  The picture of the woman was done in pencil and the candle was done in pen (as you could have already guessed by now).  Sorry I haven't been around, but this school entails a lot more than just learning my job.  There is also the combat phase and the leadership phases and I don't really have a lot of time to myself.  I am just glad that I am still on the forum.

thanx

#64 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

Mike, I guess you've already realized that we like you and your art. You have always place at our site! And I must say that I respect what you do for living - even though I may not agree with your country's foreign politics. Thus I understand that you can't be around all the time. Still, drop in whenever you can, please, and let us see what you've been working with. And if you go on a campaign, stay alive man! :)

PS: I don't want to sound like bragging, but I actually understood your last picture quite well. However I didn't know your specialization, but the schematic diagrams and the components gave a hint of electronics. ;) Perhaps that flag was a little too much for me personally - but its biggest problem lies in it's not-so-glorious meaning - thus it couldn't be a big hit even if there was many militaristic people around.
...70 years... LOL

#65 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Attached File  small_path_adj..jpg   35.46K   93 downloads

I have started painting again.  Man, am I rusty.  I started this with just some large brush strokes and then let the picture form up.  I had no plan at all when I started, just a little 8x10 canvas and some acrylics.  I ain't too happy, but I will plan out future projects.

#66 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hey Michael.  Great to see you again.  How have you been?   ;)

I like your wee painting very much.  With the crooked patch, and trees and flowers on each side.  I love how you did the sky with clouds and blue sky blending in with each other.   :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#67 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

It's great, little fairytaleish, very balanced and hard to believe you didn't have plan when you started.
...70 years... LOL

#68 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

View PostFrodo, on Jun 9 2007, 10:25 AM, said:

Hey Michael.  Great to see you again.  How have you been?   :band:

I like your wee painting very much.  With the crooked patch, and trees and flowers on each side.  I love how you did the sky with clouds and blue sky blending in with each other.   ;)

I have been OK.  I just took my family on a grand trek across a large part of America from Kansas to Oklahoma, Arkansas, tennessee, mississippi, alabama, georgia, kentucky and missouri.  Lots of pictures at the coast :party:

I am going back to the land of sunny skies and explosions pretty soon, however.  I will be gone for at least 15 months but I am hoping to be able to continue to put stuff here.  I will be doing a lot more pictures while I am gone to help generate revenue.  If I can I will try to post them somewhere and maybe link them from here if that would be OK.  All this extra art will of course be determined on any extra time I may have, the living conditions, and of course me staying alive to draw them :P :D

v/r
Michael

#69 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

You went to all the states around mine.

How could you tour the southeast, and not go into Florida? You even went to Kentucky... that's just weird :P
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#70 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:01 AM

He's afraid of you, which of I can't blame him! :P
...70 years... LOL

#71 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:53 AM

Florida was on fire at the time  :shrug:

#72 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:05 AM

Pfft!

If I actually live in the fiery death zone, you could've managed to visit for a day or two :shrug:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#73 michael_gry

michael_gry

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

Well, I went and did it.  I bought a website just for me :shrug:

check out www.graycreations.com

Please don't laugh.

#74 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

Congrats! *Goes looking around*

Edit: Wow... Most pics I had seen already, but those tattoos at least were new to me! Very nice ones.
...70 years... LOL

#75 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

Your work is amazing Michael.  I especially like the waterfall scene in Gallary One.  It looks so peaceful.  I would love to be sitting there at the water's edge.   :shrug:

Your tattoo creations are brilliant as well.Haven't seen those before.   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image