364 replies to this topic

#1 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

We've covered the unintentionally hilarious ones in DD's Humorous Videos thread, but I thought it was about time we recommended some top-quality music videos. Having discovered that you can find any video under the sun (or thereabouts) on YouTube (case in point), that's a good place to look.

I guess I'd better start:

I know I mentioned this in another thread, but I've had a bit of a Royksopp revival recently, and this is the video that got me into them in the first place: Remind Me (their other videos are also great).

Oooo, this one came on on Winamp while I was typing this, and it's damn fine: F.E.A.R.

Come to think of it, that video always reminds me of Beck's Devil's Haircut, though that's not the greatest video ever, it's a wonderful record.

Couldn't leave out the Beasties - their videos are always hilarious, and I reckon their finest musical moment is Intergalactic

Finally (I started waffling...) my favourite video of all time, another band I discovered randomly watching MTV2 back in the day, it's the trip-hop mastery of Morcheeba (new album's a winner!), and the work of art that is Otherwise.

Enjoy!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

Know mentioned lot of megadeth vids in the thread, this is probably one of their best though, and the song itself is classic, definitely strong.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:14 PM

You managed to forget the link there DD. Not that I mind with MegaDeath :bleh:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

This is one of my favourites.  It's a Japanese band called EZO, and the guy has such an amazing voice.

Flashback Heart Attack -

And another one.  
Too Young To Fall In Love by Motley Crue -

:bleh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Oops. :bleh: Was in a hurry can't believe forgot the link, where here it is, called A Tout Le Monde, a classic and very powerful song/vid I thought, and there was controversy on it, so for the record it has nothing to do with suicide.

And beef it's Megadeth! There is no a. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:22 AM

In a way that just enforces his point :P
Although they're not that bad, pretty good IMO, compared to some other "metal" xD

Lust for Life, cause its odd o0

Bring it, its snakes on a plane, that is all that matters

Curry and rice, ask not why! xD

Brand new beat, weee dancing, xD

Shut me up

I'm guessing this means no AMVs :P

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

Common mistake though with people who don't think much of the band, a shame really that such talent doesn't appeal to all. :P

But yes not all metal bands are good, definitely some stinkers out there, Trivium, Black Label Society, and more.

Anyways back to vids

Another Megadeth one, another strong one from their earlier years for Peace Sells, actually although parts humourous still a bit serious with what it's showing.

Megadeth- Peace Sells

And next from Queensryche, one of their biggest songs and really although a simple video, gets the message across quite clearly and not all over the top and fancy but does the job nicely I think.

Queensryche- Silent Lucidity

#8 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:57 AM

Post that one that you showed me a while back.
The hangar something or something like that, that was pretty good. Liked that.

#9 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:10 PM

One of my personal favourites. I don't even want to think about how long it must have taken to draw all those frames, and to do it so well.

A-Ha - Take on Me.

Yo!

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

Indeed that's a nice vid, was very ahead of it's time when it came out, still remember that episode of Family Guy where Chris got taken into the world.

(Hey what do ya know, found it on youtube. Family Guy Clip

*Chris breathing heavily, after breaking out of the wall from the video)

Lois: Chris where have you been?

Chris: I don't know!

Ahh and that vid ya mentioned Moogle, it's this one, Megadeth- Hangar 18

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:00 PM

No idea if this counts but:
http://www.newground...tal/view/272811

It's bohemian rapshody.. Lost style.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

Think it's more actual music videos from an artist. :P

Anyways a non metal entry, always thought this was a superb video from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Californication

#13 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

I recently 'discovered' Cradle Of Filth, and I love the video for Nymphetamine.  The shaky camera gives an eerie feel to the video, and I love the woman's melodic voice with his scary voice.  Excellent!   :P  

Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#14 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:46 AM

View PostDeathDude, on Aug 26 2006, 08:08 PM, said:

Think it's more actual music videos from an artist. :P

Anyways a non metal entry, always thought this was a superb video from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Californication
Its nominated for best rock / video of the year at the upcoming awards... ^^
So awesome.

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:15 AM

Nightwish - Nemo
Amorphis - Black Winter Day