415 replies to this topic

#16 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

Bleh, I declare that screen impossible to decipher and demand either another one! (from a different game, if you wish as well)

#17 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Agreed!   :P  

No-one has guessed it, and A1S has not given anymore clues.
Unless anyone objects, I think the next turn is up for grabs.  

I have edited the first post to say that if a shot is not guessed in 48 hours, then anyone can claim the next shot.  Does anyone object to that?

;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#18 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:40 AM

Sounds like a good rule to me.  :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#19 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

View PostFrodo, on Aug 27 2007, 09:12 PM, said:

I have edited the first post to say that if a shot is not guessed in 48 hours, then anyone can claim the next shot.
I support that rule! (I had a similar one in the name that game thread).
however, since noone has claimed my turn, I will be evil and grab it myself (also, I'm sorry I forgot all about this game, I really like these):

clues:
set amidst the stars.
comes from a developer known for his ASCII games.
has something to do with exotic animals .
next screenshot (it's a biger clue then you think, if you bother to read developers backgrounds):
Attached File  Clipboard01.png   1.56K   169 downloads

there will be more hints later today.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#20 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

Dude, sick..

#21 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

Aha! It's Star Zoo, put out by Bay 12 Games, whose developer is Toady One, aka Tarn Adams who is currently working on Dwarf Fortress! :P

I haven't actually played it, but seeing the name Tarn made me have a sudden revelation. ;)

#22 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

No more ascii games please. It's like I post a screenie of ADoM and then it can be like any roguelike ever created.

#23 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

View Postgreywolf, on Aug 28 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

Aha! It's Star Zoo, put out by Bay 12 Games, whose developer is Toady One, aka Tarn Adams who is currently working on Dwarf Fortress! ;)
you are correct. :P
your turn.

P.S. I didn't expect that to be so hard, that game seemed pretty unique to me, although maybe you had to go through all the stages to get this impression...
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#24 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

A rather famous click game:

Posted Image

Btw, a1s, I think it was hard because not many people had played/seen it before, neither are Bay 12 Games' other ascii games widely publicized. :P

#25 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

View Postgreywolf, on Aug 29 2007, 01:41 AM, said:

A rather famous click game:

Posted Image

Btw, a1s, I think it was hard because not many people had played/seen it before, neither are Bay 12 Games' other ascii games widely publicized. :P
Gah, familiar, can't remember the name.

#26 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm absolutly sure I've never even heard of it... :P
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#27 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

View Postgreywolf, on Aug 28 2007, 10:41 PM, said:

a1s, I think it was hard because not many people had played/seen it before, neither are Bay 12 Games' other ascii games widely publicized. :P
that's a shame BTW. LCS is one of my top 10 favorite games in all genres. WWI Medic (not ASCII) is great in it's own way. then there's Corin's MM, which is a right masterpiece even if (in fact because) it's confusing as hell.

P.S. I think I've seen this game, but I can't remember where or when...

P.P.S. I know it sounds hypocritical (although it's really not- I had hints) but could we get some hints?

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#28 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:24 AM

View Posta1s, on Aug 29 2007, 09:37 AM, said:

that's a shame BTW. LCS is one of my top 10 favorite games in all genres.
Indeed it is! Kobold quest is probably one of the most innovative games I've ever seen in ASCII, even though it's small. I tried playing LCS, but couldn't get into it.

View Posta1s, on Aug 29 2007, 09:37 AM, said:

P.P.S. I know it sounds hypocritical (although it's really not- I had hints) but could we get some hints?

Sure! :P

In this game, you play a green bubble blob that must make his way through the levels by bouncing, swinging (which is what he's doing in this particular screenshot), sliding, sticking to walls, walljumping, and avoiding falling to his doom either in the bottomless pit below or being impaled upon the spikes that seem to grow in the most inconvenient of places. The point is to get to the yellow square, which gets you to the next level. The game starts off being fairly easy, but then difficulty ramps up with pixel-thin platforms (no exaggeration), and ridiculous timing required. It is, in its most pure essence, an arcade game requiring mad reflexes and keyboard skillz to succeed. (although it's not as hard as this other game I've played, Megamunt 2 - check it out sometime!)

Here's another screenshot to jog your memory!

Posted Image

#29 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Alas, as no one has guessed the screenshot, it is my duty to inform you that the game was Super Bubble Blob, put out by the guys at www.thegamespage.com, the same guys that did Gunner 3 and a few other cool games. Someone else, post! :P

#30 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

There, no cheatin' plz.