68 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:15 AM

As mentioned in my other thread we got our little band going at the moment, but rather than clog up the other thread, which will mainly be used for covers I do this thread will be exclusively used to plug the new tracks that we have recorded, and hence the opening to plug two new tracks that have just been added.

http://www.myspace.com/aversionpawn Is the site where our music is uploaded and this is where we will be uploading our tracks, so this should be your first destination. Folklore is another possible band name for now, still in the thought process hehe.

Which brings me to the tracks two went up tonight with editing handled by Dvoe the first our longest track to date clocking in at almost 10 mins long Aversion Pawn and the second track only instrumental The Blue Forest Swamp so check them out and please give out any comments on the tracks or the others too that are up like forbidden as well, interested to hear what the users think of our works and any improvements/suggestions that we could do, so there ya go hope ya enjoy. :blink:

And for users who want to check out the lyrics they have been put up too.

http://www.myspace.com/aversionpawn

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:02 AM

Just finished work on the title track for the album, Aversion Pawn, yesterday. The track still needs final mixing and backup vocals added but the core of the song has been completed. The song was written by me with all lyrics being written by DeathDude. Here they are:

Aversion Pawn © (Meirovich, Barin)  (10:38)

The intrigue that I had
Somehow drifted away one day
Can't recall why this happened
Seems as if I was led astray
From the path of light
Can only blame myself
For being, so blind
Now I realize the truth

Chorus

Trying to move forward
Hasn't been easy to face
Knowing all that has happened
What can I do
The pain still lies ever present
Burning inside of me
As I sit here this day
Trapped inside of me.

Somehow I knew this would happen
It has all happened before
Yet I fall into the same trap
Thinking I should've learned my lesson
But I know it will happen again
Unavoidable, I did all I could
Now I realize, the truth
May not have seen clear at the time
I was led around like a pawn
Now as I walk the outer road
Gazing out across the autumn sky

Chorus

Trying to move forward
Hasn't been easy to face
Knowing all that has happened
What can I do
The pain still lies ever present
Burning inside of me
As I sit here this day
Trapped inside of me.

The meaning may be clear
I know it's not easy
But can't just keep feeling jaded
Pick myself up and move on
In this harsh reality
A Pawn, in my own sobriety

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:26 AM

And it's not done yet a primliminary cover art that Dvoe provided the pic and I did the editing, check it out.

Posted Image

Finally next song we plan to work on tomorrow hopefully, take a look, song is a historical based on the Knights Templars :blink: Again Dvoe handled the composing of the song with myself handling lyrics.

"The Holy Templars."  aka The River Knights © (Meirovich, Barin)

Long ago in the holy land
A group of knights came forward
Their goal was to make a difference
To defend Jerusalem from the Arabs
The pope gave them their title
They are the Knights Templar

Chorus
Defenders of the order
United they stand to fight
Enemies beware of what's to come
The templars will strike you down

Their honor is always known across the land
They refuse to surrender if captured
The order continues to grow in number
Land and money they are collecting
Exempt from taxes is their gift for their job
The templar order is changing day by day

Chorus
Defender of the order
Yet the goal they once have is disappearing
The Templars are changing...

The order has changed
Order and honor is gone
Criminals, disgraced men can join the templars
Jerusalem has fallen to Saladin's forces
Phillip the Fair in France cracks down on the Templars
The Templars are finally defeated, or are they...

Chorus
Defender of the order
This proud order has fallen
What went wrong for them?

Guitar solo

The Templars have been defeated
Accused of heresy, and other crimes
Some are forgiven by admitting their guilt
Others die for what they say
Has the order fallen?
Is it really over?

Chorus
Defender of the order
Can this large order be truly gone?
Their story always will be known.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:23 PM

Very nice cover, indeed. Did you paint it yourself Dvoe?

One thing, though; the templars weren't accused of hearsay, but of heresy. :blink:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:27 PM

Ahh missed that one, thanks Flop :blink: Made the change in the song.

#6 troop18546

troop18546

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

A success. :blink:
Is it my soul?
Is it that glimpse of light? I never forget to expect.
Or is it you? Some kind of angel.
That keeps me in waiting forever?

#7 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:34 PM

Hehe these medieval songs are trendy lately :blink:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

Whoa Whoa whoa dude, since when have medieval songs been "trendy." lately? seriously. :blink:

#9 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

Since Saxon released Crusader back in 1984. :blink:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:47 AM

Really I mean more along the lines of mainstream material. :blink:

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

Well quickie update did some work on River Knights/Holy Templars (Name still in the air imo hehe) got a couple verses down and choruses although first chorus was the toughest to do mainly because it didn't flow well with the riffs that Dvoe had come up with, so with some changes basically changed chorus to 2nd verse mostly to allow for some smoothness, but turned out alright and looking good so far and Dvoe added some more riffs to a couple of parts so turned out great. :blink:

#12 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

There was a brief discussion of it on here or AB recently actually - Circulus were my recommendation :blink:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:03 AM

Quickie update that our site has been updated with some more info, added our second guitarist as well and we may have a bassist soon so coming along, we even have some pics up but atm can't see them unless your a myspace member. :blink: Hopefully this weekend we'll get some more done recording wise and have em up.

#14 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

Was feeling very inspired to compose a new song yesterday. Got a melody in my head that just wouldnt go away. Sat down and started jamming and an hour later a brand new 10+ minute epic comes out of the oven. Some of my finest work to date, gonna take me a few days to edit and add overdubs, it will turn out fantastic in the end. Also will be the first song of mine to use synth and keyboards.

On another note, we got a really great 2nd guitarist to join the fold a couple days ago. I selected him out of about 8 choices, and hes one of the only guitarists in the area that understands the kind of music Im trying to make. I'm still deciding on a bass player, have 2 choices atm and will decide by the weeks end. Not looking for a drummer right now, and probably wont until the 4 of us are rehearsed and ready to play a gig.

Music and pics of the band at www.myspace.com/aversionpawn

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:40 PM

Well with some big help from Dvoe who managed to cut the lyrics from this song did a cover of it, turned out pretty good unlike my others where there is no melody so here it is, let me know what ya think. :blink: Instrumental parts may sound a bit wonky though so be generous :D

http://media.putfile...-with-my-vocals