93 replies to this topic

#16 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:15 PM

I remember a Disneyland After Dark concert about five years ago where I, while headbanging, hit my nose on the back of the head of the person in front of me, and got a heavy nosebleed. Very embarrassing, and instrumental in getting me to stop headbanging. :)

Rammstein's concerts are always memorable. I've seen them twice.

Also, Black Sabbath with Ozzy at Roskilde in 1998 was a great concert.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#17 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:50 PM

I'd love to see Rammstein too - they must be amazing live. I'm not a huge fan (although I love Mutter, that's a quality album) but they're the kind of thing it's worth seeing live even if you only like them a bit.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#18 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:54 PM

They're great. Unfortunately they've had to cut back a bit on the pyrotechnics, for safety reasons. It's still great, though.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#19 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

I wouldn't mind going to see U2 in concert, or Metallica my friend went to the Metallica one last year here, sold out show and said it was wicked definitely need to head to more in the future. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#20 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:22 PM

:) My first gig was the Llama tree festival (right between Gloustershire and Wiltshire) which was essentially a bnch of middle-aged hippies all listening to crap folk music, but not caring, because it was a social event rather than an event to see the best music in the world.

If The Specials ever reform I'd love to see them play. Otherwise, I'd love to see Radiohead play.

#21 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:28 PM

;) Well last nite was Queensryche concert that I had been eagerly anticipating this show and well it turned out way, way beyond my expectations. I went with 2 friends to the show, doors opened at 7 so we mostly hanged around the mall area (where the venue is located in a sort of place inside the mall) till about 8:30 then we headed to the floor. Stage was pretty small and the crowd well most were people over 30, we were like the minority for the show ;p I mean when Geoff the lead singer said like how many of you had kids, pretty much everyone put their hand up except us.

The show was packed at least 1400 people, and well since the venue can hold 1500 it was pretty tight, the entire experience was excellent though, they played two sets, first of their greatest hits like Empire, Jet City Woman, Take Hold of the flame, Last nite in Paris, Sign of the Times, then second set was the entire Operation Mindcrime album so show was over 2 hours and it was wicked good. The band did an excellent job performing and Geoff the lead singer sounded like he never lost a beat, hitting all the high notes and giving a superb effort all around. My hearing is shot, my voice is shot but I don't care whoo it was wicked fun.

Only bad things, sound was hard to hear at times and shirts were like $40 bucks and up :) ouchness. But overall I won't forget this show for a long time.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#22 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

I've never been to a concert...
user posted image
Meep?

#23 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:34 PM

DannyMc252, on Sep 21 2005, 04:59 PM, said:

I've never been to a concert...
Not even to your little sister's piano recital or something like that?:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#24 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

For me it's probably Alphaville and Cranberries back in 1999 when they played in Umeå (of all places).

#25 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:09 PM

Haven't been to a gig for a while, but just bough tickets for Goldfrapp and Millencolin (not together, that'd be weird) and will probably get some for Ladytron too. Yay!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#26 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:14 PM

Not sure when my next concert will be, my friends know of a bunch more in the future that are upcoming and well I'm out of the loop on some of the bands. :)  But I'm up for it no doubt. ;)

#27 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

can't say my little sister has had a piano recital.
user posted image
Meep?

#28 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:21 PM

Sonata Arctica - Feb.4/06
Kreator/Napalm Death - Mar.7/06

Can't wait!! :angel:

#29 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

Argh I was just going to post that about the concert on Feb 4, whoo I can't wait either for that, sweetness. :angel:

#30 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:51 AM

I am seeing Sonata Arctica in 4 days! 4 DAYS!!! oh my god *excited* :blink:  :P