104 replies to this topic

#91 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

Good ones. I also loved that Star Trek episode, where that cloud thingy ruled Star Trek actors! But Bender's statue building is clearly one of the best!
...70 years... LOL

#92 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

The Luck of the Fryrish isn't nearly as sad as Jurassic Bark :D

I'm curious as to what episodes you thought lagged - there's only a couple I can think of which fall short of its usual standard (much fewer than with The Simpsons). I also though Family Guy series 4 was rather dull - quite a disappointment after the previous ones. American Dad's better now IMO.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#93 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:51 PM

Futurama is okay to me most times, funny. However the older seasons of the Simpsons ruled, they're hot, legendary. The newer seasons however, they're lousy in my opinion, I just can't stand watching them.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#94 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

Simpsons I think seasons 3-11 are legendary and hard to top, FG season 4 I thought actually was pretty well done, could be better but it did well, Futurama haha all good episodes that were mentioned, I still like the one where Fry wished life were like a game, :D classic.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#95 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Jun 25 2006, 01:13 PM, said:

The Luck of the Fryrish isn't nearly as sad as Jurassic Bark :D

I'm curious as to what episodes you thought lagged - there's only a couple I can think of which fall short of its usual standard (much fewer than with The Simpsons). I also though Family Guy series 4 was rather dull - quite a disappointment after the previous ones. American Dad's better now IMO.

The episode where they first find Nibbler, where Leela meets her parents, the one where Zoidberg and his uncle make a movie, any episode with Zaff Branigun or whatever his name is really, and especially that really annoying Mom episode where Fry finds out he's a millionare.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#96 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

"Any episode with Zapp Brannigan" is my favourite :D The one with Zoidberg's uncle is definitely below-par, but I like the other ones you mentioned.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#97 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

I thought they were hideously boring.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#98 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:35 PM

Indeed Zapp Brannigan episodes rock and hope he will return when the series comes less Zoidberg's uncle also good, but more Zoidberg wouldn't be bad either.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#99 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:00 PM

Zoidberg!!! LOL the best character!!! :D:kosta:
The episode with that Mars farm was pretty good, and there was Zap Brannigan in it...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#100 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:46 AM

Indeed more Zoidberg I say and more Bender!  :D

#101 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

YEAH!!!! FUTURAMA RULES!!!! I predict that either Futurama will build a strong mainstream fan base, or bomb like so many reanimated cartoons.
A little off subject, but King of the Hill is going to continue after all, after production stopped for a while, which is great news for me at least.
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#102 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

Think has a pretty strong fanbase already with the support to bring the show back, exactly like the fanbase FG had, so no worries on that, and still a couple of years away though, the hard part will be waiting.

#103 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

Seemed to have more of a cult following. Either you love it or you hate it.
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#104 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

Not really I've heard around that it's a likeable show that ya can enjoy without fully being a true fan, FG would fit more into that scheme I think. :D

#105 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

It doesn't have the wide appeal of The Simpsons, but what comes across I think is that it's the show Matt Groening and David Cohen have been itching to make for years. I think American Dad! has a simliar advantage over Family Guy.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

Back to Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing