51 replies to this topic

#1 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:28 AM

The One Whose Name You Can't Spell is jumping ship. I've never felt myself as much at home in Reloaded than in Abandonia, but with all these people leaving and some of the oldest active members moved mostly here, I give up. The AB I know is falling apart... I'm an AR'r now, or something...

So greetings, my brothers and sisters. This is like an "I'm new here"-thread, but I'm not really new. Or a comeback thread without ever really being here. Or.. something.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

Heh, whatever your arrival may be, you're welcome. Hopefully you can find a new home here. But word of warning: if AB was the downtown, this is the suburbans, things go far more quietly and slowly than in AB. So far. Welcome aboard.
...70 years... LOL

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

Welcome back (sort of).:ok:
*edges Aristharus in the direction of the ADOM thread*

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Apr 24 2006, 07:48 AM, said:

*edges Aristharus in the direction of the ADOM thread*
I'm more of a NetHack guy. :ok:
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

Dang. Would you be willing to give it a try sometime, though? I'm asking because I'm looking for a test subject for my ADOM strategy guide which is still work in progress...:ok:

#6 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:11 AM

I've played ADOM and it's a fine game. I just like the simplicity of NetHack's story more. I mean I like to start in a dungeon, just go down and see what I bump into. Not visit the same villages, talk to the same people and seek out the same puppy etc. every time I die and start a new game. :ok: And I know you can just roam the dungeons in Adom and ignore the quests, but if I want to do that, I can always play Nethack. :kosta:

It's a good game anyway, so I might still be interested in this test subject thing if I have time. So, what would be the deal? :(

#7 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:14 AM

Welcome aboard sailor. :(

Just remember that you're still allowed to post at AB if you feel like it. There are no rules saying that you can't belong to both sites (although admittedly, most people spend more time at either one site or the other). :ok:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#8 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:17 AM

Well... I'd need a beginner for that, really.:ok: Basically it's meant to teach you  basic playing strategies to increase your chances of survival.

#9 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:21 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Apr 24 2006, 08:17 AM, said:

Well... I'd need a beginner for that, really.:( Basically it's meant to teach you  basic playing strategies to increase your chances of survival.
Well, in that case I probably can't be of any help, sorry. :kosta:

If you'd be doing one about Nethack, I could help with writing it.. Been playing it since I was 6 years old or something. :ok:

There are probably hundreds of strategy guides for Nethack already, though, so writing one wouldn't be such a good idea.

Just remember that you're still allowed to post at AB if you feel like it. There are no rules saying that you can't belong to both sites (although admittedly, most people spend more time at either one site or the other).

Exactly. I know I'm just like that. For some reason I know I couldn't balance my time between them both. I'll always end up visiting the other more actively and maybe every once in a while checking what's new on the other one.

#10 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:24 AM

Welcome, you can still post on both of forums, I don't think that's much of problem...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#11 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:26 AM

Wouldn't you be interested in strategy games? Like SPWaW? I'm doing my own guide for it and anyone who knows and likes the game and is willing to check it out is more than welcome to comment / critisize it.
...70 years... LOL

#12 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:28 AM

Tulac, on Apr 24 2006, 08:24 AM, said:

Welcome, you can still post on both of forums, I don't think that's much of problem...
Okay, okay! It just sounded cooler this way. :ok:

Of course I'll try to continue going to Abandonia as well. Then again I've tried to go here every once in a while, too, but still my postcount here was somewhere around 4 or 5 before starting this thread... I'll try to go to both, but I'm afraid I'll somehow end up preferring the other.

EDIT: Juni posted as I was writing this..

Wouldn't you be interested in strategy games? Like SPWaW? I'm doing my own guide for it and anyone who knows and likes the game and is willing to check it out is more than welcome to comment / critisize it.

I'll surely check that out as soon as I have time. I've heard of the game, but never played. Sounds interesting, though.

#13 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:35 AM

Heh, finally checked out where you are from... Terve! :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#14 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:55 AM

Actually I finally wrote it there some 5 minutes ago, että terve vaan. :ok:

EDIT: By the way, we've talked before IIRC. Can't blame you for not remembering, though, it's been a while. I recall we had an argument about Finnish beers some months (or maybe more like years?) ago here. And I still stick to my opinion on the matter. :(

Edited by Aristharus, 24 April 2006 - 09:47 AM.

#15 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

Welcome Aristharus. :ok:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D