151 replies to this topic

#16 BerserkerTails

BerserkerTails

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:52 AM

Okay, this game is amazing. I loved Out of this World (Another world) and Heart of the Alien. I also really like Flashback, so when I heard that this game was in the same vein as those two games, I got really excited.

Except one problem, I can't save. Everytime I hit F1 or the "Restore Game" option in the main menu, the game just freezes up and crashes. Anyone have this problem, or know how to fix it?

#17 Greymouse

Greymouse

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:46 AM

rockhoppa, on Oct 28 2005, 10:15 PM, said:

I'm currently stuck on the part where you get to the elevator and you have to enter a code on the red and yellow button panel. There doesn't appear to be a noticeable pattern either, as pushing the correct buttons seems largely a matter of chance.

I get a hardy chuckle out of the death scene where the guy falls down the elevator shaft though.

"......aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!"...........*WHOMP!!!*    :P
This one took me awhile to figure out - but basically if you notice there are these little gizmos at the top and the bottom of the panel, with wires connecting to the lights.  Basically, you have to string a line of lights from one up to the other, but the lights can't be touching between them.  I don't know if that makes alot of sense, but basically, from red to red, the lights must be lit, same for blue and green... but the lights between can't touch, IE - it has to be a single light circuit up from one gizmo on the bottom to the one on the top.  If they mix, they don't work.

Mouse

#18 guenhwyvar

guenhwyvar

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

Well, with the help of a german walkthrough to near the end of the game, I finally managed to get through. The end is strange though...

Frankly, I don't get the plot.  :)

Can anyone tell me, what the story is all about??

#19 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

guenhwyvar, on Nov 3 2005, 09:24 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me, what the story is all about??

SupSuper's review said:

The game starts you off with a very charming intro, so you know what?s going on. People from Earth have been mysteriously vanishing, without a trace, supposedly kidnapped by a recently met alien civilization, though there?s no proof. One day, they come for you (the hero). They break into your home, knock you out and take you to their planet on their craft, disguised as a plain old car. However, during the trip, you wake up without them noticing, and try to struggle free, eventually knocking out the pilot and causing the ship to go out of control and crash in the alien city. You and the alien occupants are considered dead and the ship is taken to a junkyard. But, you are still alive. You?re the one escapee (hence the game name). And the game begins.
In other words: Aliens abduct people just for fun / to enlave them / to conduct disgusting experiments on them / all of the above. One day they abduct you. You make their, erm, car crash on the alien planet. You survive the crash (which is good) but that means you're on your own on that alien planet now (which is bad).

Sounds like a pretty standard SF plot, really. Might almost be the plot of Beneath a Steel Sky.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#20 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Nov 4 2005, 12:05 AM, said:

Might almost be the plot of Beneath a Steel Sky.:bye:
Only BASS is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. I hereby define BASS as a better game than OnEscapee.  :)

#21 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

Well, I'm not contradicting you.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#22 guenhwyvar

guenhwyvar

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Nov 3 2005, 10:05 PM, said:

In other words: Aliens abduct people just for fun / to enlave them / to conduct disgusting experiments on them / all of the above. One day they abduct you. You make their, erm, car crash on the alien planet. You survive the crash (which is good) but that means you're on your own on that alien planet now (which is bad).

Ok, so far for the beginning. But...
_____ W A R N I N G ____ S P O I L E R ________

...but what about the end? You find some other humans (the guys who shoot the planet to pieces) who obviously have mercy with you in the end, but they wouldn't go so far as to take you with them in their spaceship... :bye: And what is this angel all about, that first comes in your disguise... Are these the aliens or what? Maybe I missed some hints in the game, but for me the end is quite confused.  :)

#23 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

guys, put spoilers in white with the tags:
[color=white]blah[/colour]
please, it's much more helpful than just putting "spoiler" and uses less space than leaving a big gap.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#24 groovykid

groovykid

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:28 AM

Greymouse, on Oct 24 2005, 10:51 PM, said:

3 screens over (I think, might be 2) you run into a tenticle thing.  Two screens back, there are a buncha plants.  One of the plants is actually an animal.  You on the left side of it, and shoot, and it scares it.  Repeat the process till he gets under the tenticles, then blow him up underneath it.  It kills the tenticle thingy.
i'm currently stuck here , before reading your tip.

The problem is that i first killed the plant-animal before it gets under the tenticles (could not guess what will happen 3 screens over).

So what now ? well ... i'm stuck because i saved at every screen and i don't have a previous save of a stage before i killed the plant animal.

In other way , it's a kind of bug : you killed that thing the wrong way , then you are stuck 3 screens later and will never know why ... until you came on such a forum to understand that game kinda s*** on some points.

anyway , great community there.

#25 Pirx

Pirx

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:13 PM

GFX is OK. audio is acceptable, but...

...regarding gameplay - this game simply :huh: SUCKS... your main key is F1 for saving, you die in a really stupid way anywhere anytime, keys/guns are practically invisible, autosave loading doesn't work... simple ESC aborts game and returns you to main menu. There's even no googlable walkthrough....

I really tried but after 1h I deleted it... Sad but true :P

#26 WaAn

WaAn

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

Walkthrough
:huh:
user posted image

#27 spiderdejon

spiderdejon

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

Can any one help me with this
God said let there be light and there was light ... then he saw the electricity bill

#28 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

View Postspiderdejon, on Mar 25 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

There is a walkthrough just the post above yours.   :(
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#29 spiderdejon

spiderdejon

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

View PostFrodo, on Mar 25 2008, 06:05 PM, said:

View Postspiderdejon, on Mar 25 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

There is a walkthrough just the post above yours.   :(

:( how did i miss that  thanks  :(
God said let there be light and there was light ... then he saw the electricity bill

#30 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Download link is broken. The link to the site revealed that the game's name is now changed into The Escapee.

You guys should seriously do some cleanup on the site.

[Edit] Wikipedia has an alternate download link for this game.

Edited by MrFlibble, 22 April 2011 - 06:09 PM.

Reply to this topic