#16 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:39 AM

View PostPotatoe, on Jun 26 2006, 08:52 AM, said:

Edit: One thing about the age rating, I really wouldn't say it's 15+, I'd really go with the T for teen(13+) as the official site say.

We follow our own set of guidelines when it comes to age ratings, and we are more strict than ESRB. Afterall, we once ranked a game so high, that the maker wasn't allowed to play it :D

(CoolBlue-Gord10 and Lost in the Nightmare)

Yo!

#17 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

View PostTulac, on Jun 26 2006, 10:00 AM, said:

View PostMinicow1, on Jun 25 2006, 08:48 PM, said:

You can run the maps offline. I haven't done it in a while so I forget exactly how to do it. I think you just open the consol and type "map mapname" or something like that, you could probably find out how to do it on the AA forum.
Still makes little sence to play the map all alone, that's just boring and it's still discouraging for many players, but bots may change things...
I think you can add bots through the console, I think.´

At Tom Henrik: Ah. Ok. I was just wondering, and I think some games here are lower to their real age-ratings. Not totally sure. But what ever, better too high than too low.

#18 Minicow1

Minicow1

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:14 PM

View PostTulac, on Jun 26 2006, 06:00 AM, said:

View PostMinicow1, on Jun 25 2006, 08:48 PM, said:

You can run the maps offline. I haven't done it in a while so I forget exactly how to do it. I think you just open the consol and type "map mapname" or something like that, you could probably find out how to do it on the AA forum.
Still makes little sence to play the map all alone, that's just boring and it's still discouraging for many players, but bots may change things...

Well it was in response to the whole "you have 30 seconds to learn the map then you wait for 5" thing. The point is that you can spend some time learning the maps without being killed every 30 seconds.

#19 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:51 PM

You're just bad at the game :D
And yeah, I wouldn't give this game a 15+ there's hardly any blood or extreme content.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#20 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:15 AM

i mean, it is teen, i think we should let ESRB, the national ratings council decide, not our tiny website
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#21 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:25 AM

Well, you're going to have to live with it I'm afraid. Besides, freeware titles tend not to be submitted to the ESRB for rating.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#22 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

View PostDocktor_Worm, on Jun 27 2006, 02:15 AM, said:

i mean, it is teen, i think we should let ESRB, the national ratings council decide, not our tiny website
IMHO if this game was released commercially, it would be an 'M' in the US (17+), they're only getting away with a low rating because it's a game which is designed to get young people into the army in later life, so the government's a bit more lenient about its rating.

#23 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

No way this would get an M, if Project Snowblind or Second Sight didn't get an M rating, this would most definitely not get one either.

#24 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

Well, all of our ratings (except All Ages) are Teens.

13+, 15+ and 18+

ESRB, as far as I know, doesn't have 15+, but if I am to decide this game shouldn't be played by 13 years old, as it promotes animated violence towards digital humans (and head-shots are pretty much more violent than just playing Castle Wolfenstein and shooting a pixel towards a stickfigure).

Castle Wolfenstein recieved 13+ for it's mild violence.

18+ is our maximum rating, and only the most severe graphical and violent games get this rating - or games that plays on images and fear. The latter will make your emotions take control of you, and you will be completely immersed into the game, and depending on the game and yourself, you might be severely "brainwashed" by the game.

Difficult to explain, but if a kid plays a really scary horror game, then this kid will most likely have serious nightmares for a while.

Imagine a kid, then, who has emotional problems and is insecure - might even have a brain defect - play such a game. The results could be devastating for the kid.

Same goes for a teenager. Only when you are adult, hopefully, will you have the knowledge you need to see a game for what it is and not be influenced badly from it.

Anyways, this is getting off topic.

I think it is amazing. In two pages I haven't yet seen a "Whoohooo! Just finished Boot-camp!" post. Where are the actual game discussions? :D

Yo!

#25 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

As soon as I finish my exams I'll be trying this out...
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#26 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:21 AM

Would someone with a fast connection with strong upload host this? Please, so I can learn to play :D
Anyway I strongly doubt that age rating on this site would prevent the 13 year old from downloading it...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#27 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

View PostTulac, on Jun 27 2006, 11:21 AM, said:

Would someone with a fast connection with strong upload host this? Please, so I can learn to play LOL
Anyway I strongly doubt that age rating on this site would prevent the 13 year old from downloading it...
I think the point about age ratings is not so much to prevent children from downloading or playing games as to make them aware of the fact that some people would consider the games unsuitable for them. The former is really the responsibility of their nannies/mothers/whatever. If young children decide to ignore age ratings, at least they won't be able to claim ignorance afterwards make shocked posts along the lines of "omgz i am so sceard! i never new dis game has so much blood. u shouldnt b hosting gamez liek taht.:D "

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#28 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

They won't post that, they'll more or less just lose interest and go do something else.

Like me, I'm going to go make a sandwich.

#29 Minicow1

Minicow1

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

View PostTulac, on Jun 27 2006, 07:21 AM, said:

Would someone with a fast connection with strong upload host this? Please, so I can learn to play :D

...What do you mean? Is it downloading slowly, or are you lagging on servers, or what?

#30 ManoFWar

ManoFWar

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

America army is a nice game its really funny when you join in a clan because when you play normal most of the people don't care to make team.Well I like the boot camp its nice and its not bad to do some shootting practice before you jump in the field..and I can be proud of it because I take all the target in rifle qualification and I can be also sniper :D .Anyway who want to play see you online my nickname is the same of here

Reply to this topic