DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

http://www.andywlms....adomgb-toc.html

best guidebook ive ever seen.

i started with ADoM and its my faveroute but only because it was my first... it has the most atmoshere by FAAAAR. but i think ToME is just more fun... give adom a try though it is a great game

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#32 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:06 PM

I like epic, complex, non linear etc. so ADoM sounds like my cup of tea. I just found this hilarious gallery.

#33 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

uh yeah.... look at my avatar :)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#34 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

Haha, I haven't thought of that!  :)
Is it just me or are the dungeons in ADoM static?
Also how do you find enough food in the beginning? 50% of my characters die of starvation in the dungeon to the southeast of the village. I even eat my foes!
I like the sterile look of the dungeons here. In ToME you find trees, mountains and stuff deep down. That just feels odd in my opinion.

#35 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:24 PM

The ADOM dungeons are static.  I never really have problems with starvation, just eat corpses when you find them and you're not already bloated, and be sparing with the rations you start off with.  I've only ever really had problems with starvation with races liem trolls with big appitites.
IPB Image

#36 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

hehe, yeh I hate that too. Where an underground forest/mountians sounds like a whimsical idea, it's just an odd feeling. I dunno which I wanna play now heh, ToME, or ADoM. Just lost my lv 10 guy in ToME seconds after finding a talking "demonblade". Some orc shaman killed me. Heh, my fault though. "Oooo demon blade. 'killling monsters, thats good.' AAK it talked! Wehehe ima go killing spree for you, my pretty talking red blade." .....You have died.

#37 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:10 PM

ADoM sure is tough. I've noticed that monsters tend to get tougher as your character levels up. I don't like that (or maybe I'm imagining it), The danger level should be decided by places (ex. dungeon level) and not character level. Is it so or am I imagining it? An example is when I'm backtracking through a dungeon trying to get to the surface and I'm gangbanged by a horde of goblins just when I'm almost at the stairs... those goblins weren't there when I entered the dungeon...

#38 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:22 PM

just read the faq

Posted Image

#39 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

Ok, so it's only that certain dungeon that spawnes monsters relative to character level not all dungeons?

#40 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

i think so... the 1st level of the dungeon to the NW of terinyo always spawnes monsters that are twice your level... good place to get XP but theyll kill ya really quick

Posted Image

#41 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hmm some quests seems "uncompletable". For example I'm trying to rescue the carpenter from the cave southeasy of the village, but when i descend the stairs there's just an empty room... I've tried searching, but I can't see anything.

#42 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:46 PM

there is a hidden door somewhere... just keep on searching

Posted Image

#43 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:07 PM

Found it. s = search ws=constant search. Does that mean that ws makes you search while walking? It doesn't say *searching* like in ToME.

Btw, magic users are neat! :-D

#44 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

i cant remember... i think ws is 50 turns searching... i havnt played for a long time so i cant promise anything...

and yeah magic users are fun :)

**EDIT**

try a troll priest in the month where you heal faster... then give him the healing trait...

almost unfair ;)

Posted Image

#45 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

Argh are there any graphical tiles for this game yet?

Reply to this topic