• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:42 PM

Have you seen the horror version of Phantom Of The Opera by Dario Argentio?  Or what about Suspiria (also by Dario)?

:angel:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#17 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

I'm afraid that I've missed a lot of those movies. My local video store doesn't have much to offer in old horror movies, I'm afraid. Plenty of newer ones though.

I have seen the old Invasion of the Body Snatchers, though. I actually thought it was alright (although the Donald Sutherland version is much better).

Has anyone seen Ticks? Now that one was hilariously bad. I believe the tagline was something like "Jaws made you afraid to swim in the sea, Ticks will make you afraid to walk in the woods". Hot dang, it was crappy! :angel:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#18 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:49 PM

I recommend Tron as an extremely crap film. Wait... can you recommend bad films? Never mind...

Anyway, other than it being the first film with CGI in it, it's awful. Urgh.

Oh and any of the Knight Rider films are rubbish too.

#19 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:53 PM

Uhmm... calling Tron bad... on the internet... you can expect quite some nasties soon, from random people you've never, ever heard 'bout. It's like going to a Sci-fi convention as a sandwichman, plackards saying: "Star Trek sucks!"

#20 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

Well, I'm with PSucks on this one. Tron is a pretty bad movie. Speaking of bad CGI, did anyone watch Escape From LA? It also features one of the most incredible quantum leaps of any character in a movie ever.

I didn't know they actually made Knight Rider movies. I do believe they're rather bad, though.

Does anyone else enjoy watching Hammer horror movies? I love them. Especially their Dracula movies, but most of the others are good, too. :angel:

#21 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

Last bad movie I saw was prob King Arthur, remember so much hype for that film and the way the story proceeded in the film was just terrible, I mean it wasn't consistent, one minute Gunivere (think that's how it spelt) is injured, next she's firing arrows like a marksmen, rigggggghttttt. :angel:

The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy movie that came out last year was pretty bad too imo, focused way too much on trying to be funny, and also will remember that bad experience because didn't even get to finish the movie, because of a gas leak (Not even in the theatre but at the hotel that's a bit far away from it), stopped the movie half way, lost 10 bucks because of it too, grrr. Stupid theatre ;).

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#22 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:07 PM

DeathDude, on Oct 17 2005, 08:31 PM, said:

Last bad movie I saw was prob King Arthur, remember so much hype for that film and the way the story proceeded in the film was just terrible, I mean it wasn't consistent, one minute Gunivere (think that's how it spelt) is injured, next she's firing arrows like a marksmen, rigggggghttttt. :angel:

The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy movie that came out last year was pretty bad too imo, focused way too much on trying to be funny, and also will remember that bad experience because didn't even get to finish the movie, because of a gas leak (Not even in the theatre but at the hotel that's a bit far away from it), stopped the movie half way, lost 10 bucks because of it too, grrr. Stupid theatre ;).
Oh, she probably has the fast-healing tissue corruption...:apple: *note to self: play less ADOM*

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#23 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

Another extremelly bad movie, that actually was an attempt to make a hi-class movie... is BeastMaster 3: Eye of Braxus!

Posted Image

In this film you will be introduced to clowns, a brain-sucking dungeon-dwelling tentacle-monster, a Baywatch King that could do better in a shampoo commercial, and the whole thing is topped off with Braxus himself!

This is what happens when Ninja Turtles breed with King Koopa. :angel:
Posted Image

Yo!

#24 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

I actually enjoyed the first Beastmaster quite a bit, but after the travesty that was number two (Beastmaster gets timewarped to LA (Edit: in the 80's to make it even worse)) I just stopped caring. I never had an opportunity to watch the third one.

#25 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:14 AM

Tom Henrik said:

Kon-Tiki, on Oct 17 2005, 03:55 PM, said:

Another one that's even worse, is a tankstation at the side of a highway, where trucks start to lead a life of their own, taking the tankstation hostage. Anybody that tries to escape, gets run over. Dumbest moment in the movie's when the trucks're nearly out of gaz, that the people inside the tankstation refuel them. Where the heck's their brain? :angel:
;)

I have seen that one! :apple:
It's so bad, it's hillarious! Do you recall the name? I've been wanting to see it again LOL

I've seen it too :D

Strangely enough, it's called Trucks :P

Imagine that LOL

:D

Edit: As a sidenote, here's one of my childhood favorites:

The Uninvited

Mom and I used to watch a lot of really bad horror movies when I was a kid LOL

And the plotline for IMDB's entry for The Uninvited really does pretty much say it all, in case you're curious:

"A mutated killer cat finds its way on-board a yacht."

Now that's great drama! :P
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#26 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:29 AM

Hey, what do know? I've seen that Trucks movie too. Luckily I've blocked most of it from my memory. :angel:

Isn't it funny how the only good Stephen King movie adaption was The Shining, and that he didn't like that one. It kind of goes to show how talented he is, I think. ;)

#27 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:18 AM

What about The Green Mile? That's the only one I've ever enjoyed - I do hate Stephen King though.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#28 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:19 AM

There were actually a few Knight Rider films made. IIRC there was Knight Rider : The Movie, Knight Rider 2000 and also Knight Rider 2010. They were pretty damn poor.

#29 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:35 AM

not sure if it qualifies as bad movies.
but I like to watch movies like
  • conan the barbarian
  • conan the destroyer
  • red sonja
Got them all on dvd.

#30 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:38 AM

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? Seen that? With that lass from Friends in it. It was pretty awful...