• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Well, I felt like the new guy here. I joined 11 months ago... But now I've fell into place. :ph34r:

#32 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

View PostNick, on Dec 30 2009, 09:14 PM, said:

Tulac, AR is not like AB. We are more close-knit. :ph34r:

Less members, means more fun and less stupidness... I think. Then again, we have a man who thinks he's a llama on a strict cookie diet. :ph34r:

Fixed.
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#33 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

Ah yes the Llama, still trying to take over the world from us Lemurs. And failing.

@Nick: Member no.11, I believe I'm the "oldest" member here from those still posting :ph34r:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#34 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

I have seen the lemur count steadily decreasing in favour of the llamas, Tulac :ph34r:
For a while, we'd even taken the greatest prize: AR :ph34r:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#35 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

Not from us mobsters! Viva la revolution!

View PostTulac, on Dec 30 2009, 03:40 PM, said:

Ah yes the Llama, still trying to take over the world from us Lemurs. And failing.

@Nick: Member no.11, I believe I'm the "oldest" member here from those still posting :ph34r:

Then this must be you. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#36 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:50 AM

Not quite, I sit in a less ergonomic position. :ph34r:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#37 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

View PostTulac, on Dec 30 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

Not quite, I sit in a less ergonomic position. :bleh:

:ph34r:

At least you came back. I think we all assumed that the llamas had killed all the lemurs.  :ph34r:

#38 Lord Windy

Lord Windy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

:ph34r:, posting to show you all that I still exist xD

Just lurking like a little spider >.>

But anyway, I think I may have to drop my current game project. Not out of lack of interest, but it's been my first attempt at making my own (complete) engine and it's going bottom up xD

At the very least I'm going to have to restart the whole thing. Seeing as it would take less time to write it out again than try and sift through my many bugs and re-organize the code.

It's been a good learning experience however, and even if I drop it I'll just come back with something else shortly.

#39 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Aw, I was looking forward to that :bleh:
But good luck with your next project then :ph34r:

Also, why lurk when there's so much fun to be had around here? :ph34r:

#40 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing your next project, then.   :ph34r:

And don't be afraid to post.  We don't bite... much.   :ph34r:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#41 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

I spit, though :ph34r:
Just don't go hiding cookies and you'll be fine :ph34r:

#42 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Lord, before my games Liberta, UA, & CL, I had started plenty of projects. Too many to count... and all of them fell apart. I was in over my head. Thats when I found RPG Maker 2003. I could use the game's engine, make games easily, and best of all it contained great sprites and music.

Sure Liberta and UA were "flops".... But at least I finished them.. well, they were buggy and short... :ph34r:

Crimelife is completely different though. I know that in order to make my own web game, I did not have the time (or knowledge) to write the code myself. So instead, I found a great pre-built script, and used that. Along the way, I found many bugs and broken features. And each time I read the script, I learned more... Eventually to the point where I could fix bugs. Before CL, I never used MySQL, PHP, or anything like that. I knew some HTML, and javascripts.

Crimelife proves that you don't need to make your own engine. CL had a foundation, and I built upon it.

My suggestion to you, is that if you want to make a game, use RPG Maker 2003. It's simple to use, and advanced at the same time. :ph34r:

#43 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

for me it was the other way around. I had a nice engine coded without much problem. but adding content (graphics, maps) to it was the big problem :ph34r:

#44 Lord Windy

Lord Windy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

The game was more for a learning experience than to produce something, so in some ways it was more a success than a failure.

Also, I probably won't be so gungho with wanting my own engine next time around, I'll look to make my own framework using a nice 2d game engine that will handle all the cross-plateform, input and output and other things for me.

I have a new idea, something of a similar sort to my other one. I'll flesh it out in a thread and 'shelve' the other one for a later date xD.

#45 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

View PostLord Windy, on Jan 14 2010, 10:04 AM, said:

The game was more for a learning experience than to produce something, so in some ways it was more a success than a failure.

Also, I probably won't be so gungho with wanting my own engine next time around, I'll look to make my own framework using a nice 2d game engine that will handle all the cross-plateform, input and output and other things for me.

I have a new idea, something of a similar sort to my other one. I'll flesh it out in a thread and 'shelve' the other one for a later date xD.

3 suggestions.

1. RPG Maker 2003
2. Game Editor (Multi-platform)
3. Stencyl (Multi-platform) (Still in testing, been waiting for years....)