164 replies to this topic

#121 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:41 PM

"We made the right decision." Trevor nods "It was difficult but we managed to succeed in it."

"But let us continue our efforts, for I feel that this battle is not over yet." Trevor says "Farewell for the evening gentlemen." Trevor says

Trevor eventually reaches the baronesses mansion as he knocks upon her door, hoping that she will see him at this hour...

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#122 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Strog looked up at the monster swinging from the makeshift gallows.
"May the good lord have mercy, and judge him justly" Strog said, and left.

#123 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:46 AM

The Baroness takes long, slow strides to the edge of town in the black of night.  Her unexpected visitors have caused her to be the last to make this pilgrimmage to the butcherblock.

"And so it is..." she murmurs as she sees the body of the great beast hanging from the gallows. The few villagers who are keeping vigil over the beast's body eye her with curiosity.

"The poor old fool... as I suspected, he longed for power he could not have, and in desperation sold his soul to the beast," she speaks as she slowly shakes her head. She walks up to the body and ever so slightly moves her hand towards the hind paw, drawing away at almost the instant she touches it. The expression on her face swiftly changes from an almost sympathetic sadness to one of shock.

"It is not quite the same!" she exclaims, "and there is another... but who?" Her voice drifts off as she ponders the question, and she is silent for a few moments before continuing.

"It is curious that fools have chosen so wisely... but such is their hidden talent, to constantly surprise those who know claim to know better."

She turns once more to the gallows, and tosses a few objects from her beltpouch at the ground below the beast's paws.

"Deadly wolfsbane... poison to fight the poison in your soul... and the purest silver dagger, to cull the evil from your heart, good sir. May you find your rest."

She turns to the villagers once more.

"Bury him with those, precious fools. We must put old Wae behind us, and turn our thoughts to his companion, now. I would like good Juni Smith and my dear departed husband to find their rest, as well."
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#124 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:14 AM

"We must move forward, tonight we have succeeded in defeating one warewolf, but we are not out of the woods yet." Trevor says as he walks around

"It is sad that we lost poor Juni and I too wish a solemn blessing on him and the baronesses husband." Trevor says

"Fear not for our strength tonight succeeded we must continue being vigilent and alert." Trevor nods

"Who among us is next though, that is the mystery that we shall soon discover." Trevor looks around

"The clues are falling into place now all we must do is take hold of the flame and light the way.."

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#125 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

Okay then. The night turn has run two hours over time, and I still haven't heard from the werewolf, so no one gets killed tonight. Due to popular demand, the villagers are not required to vote, if they don't want to, so you don't get a phantom vote for abstaining. Instead, it no longer requires a majority of the villagers to lynch someone. The player with the most votes at the end of the turn will simply be lynched. In case of a tie, no one will be lynched.

However, you will still get a phantom vote if you don't post at all, during a full night/day cycle. Here we go with day 3:

As the sun rose over the small village, the villagers started to come out of their houses. Although they knew that they'd killed a werewolf last night, they were afraid that their might be more, and so they braced themselves for what they might find.

However, they didn't find anything, and after a head-count it became clear that no one was missing. The village had come unscathed through the night. Could this mean that there was no longer any threat from the werewolves? Could the nightmare be over?

This turn will end in 24 hours. That is at noon gmt tomorrow.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#126 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:34 PM

I do understand that this is a trying time for all of you. Two old and important people of this town has lost their lives during the last days. People who I have only known for a short while, but whom you have known your whole lives. What runs through each of our minds now, is difficult to predict.

However, Juni has been avenged, and there has been no new death tonight. We should all go to the tavern and speak of all that which has transpired, and try to grow from it.

Yo!

#127 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:44 PM

"A rather large boast, s-sir. To claim Juni's soul has been avenged when one of his m-m-m-murderers is probably still out there. What new evidence have we got?" Strog said, wearily.
"Smith's death was seemingly random, and it is by seemingly sheer luck that we chose to hang Wae. We could go through the l-l-l-list of those who abstained from voting, or did not vote for Wae... but that is hardly enough evidence"

Strog looked down as the snow settled on the gritty cobblestones and mumbled "9 suspects..."

#128 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Hmm I agree it would be good to get out of this weather and into some nice warmness and the tavern is a good place where we can discuss what has transpired and perhaps brainstorm some ideas." Trevor says

"Patience Sir Strog, for we can not act hastely on another, we shall find the next warewolf."

Trevor's mind begins to ponder about the next supposed suspect...

#129 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:52 PM

I am proposing p-p-patience, my good sir... but what are we to do?
If we exercise too much patience one of us may be the next victim, whereas if we are too brash in our accusations we may end up l-l-l-lynching an innocent person!

#130 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:27 AM

Taelin turns to the sheepherder.

"I do not really follow your logic, sir. A werewolf is not a wolf. It would have no loyalties for its kind, as a true wolf would. A werewolf, the evil being that it is, would have no issue in sacrificing its brother to save its own skin. Therefore, the wolf could still be any one of us."

Her gaze turns steely as she continues speaking.

"As with any sickness, when the soul is infirm, it will manifest symptoms in the mind and flesh. Therefore, I turn my watchful eyes to you, Strog von Daisyfield, as a potential beast. Your inconsistency makes you suspect, as did the inconsistency of the old herbalist."
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#131 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:50 AM

Hector turns to Taelin, "Brilliant idea!  And if we kill him, then there'll be no-one to come and collect the rent!  It's a win-win situation" :bleh:

(Strog von Daisyfield)
IPB Image

#132 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:17 AM

I see that people have gotten a taste for lynching. And who am I to try to stop you? But know this. I will not cast a vote today. My hands are clean.

Yo!

#133 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:14 AM

"For now, I will not vote tonight... Since nobody has died I would recomend waiting... surly there are better ways of finding the beast. If he strikes tonight we will have gained another clue... If not then we have gained another night on him."

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#134 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:49 AM

I hesisitate to make a prediction to make a statement, to show some sort of guilt, therefore I abstain from the voting tonight as well, Trevor looks around, I have my suspicions in place already, however I feel that I must wait out a bit longer before I should come to a decision, but for the time being I shall not vote, that may change though before the day is done... Trevor stands firm.

#135 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:05 AM

Tom emerged from the tavern door a sober man. He still looked and smelt like a drunk but his speech was too clear and focused for that of a drunken man.

'This issue that has befalled us is a serious one, I feel that it is my time to speak my mind. In order to do this I have had to sober up which is not something I take on lightly!'

Tom paces back and forth within the tavern.

'See now, there are many of you that are acting in a suspicious manner and that is to be expected. We all react to the death of our fellow townsmen in different ways. One of us has reacted in a very different manner. Upon examination of the body of the beast this chracter withdrew upon touch as if they 'felt' something. This to me shows a unnatrual ability. Now the person I speak of is as you can tell the women of the village Ms Taelin.'

Tom stands still within one spot and simply nods in the direction of Taelin.

'You have exhibited strange behaviour over the last few days and this behaviour leads me to believe you are in fact the beast that we need to eliminate. Isolated from us all within your mannor it would be easy to hide yourself when in this monsterous form. For some seem to have forgotten that despite nobody being killed the werewolf was still prowling theese streets or perhaps as is more likely was locked within its mansion.'

Tom scratches his head.

'Unless... do you know something that we do not?'

*Tom lets out a small sigh of perplexion*

'You have of course given us 'weaponary' in the shape of silver daggers. Although we all know that such things would proove inaffective in battle. Perhaps this was deliberate so that we did not suspect you. You have always had an odd quality since your husband died. It is of course possible that you killed the old man whilst in your savage form. Perhaps he was one himself and got in your way?.'

*Tom stands firm and places his hands upon his waists*

'You have showed unnatrual abilities you are either the beast or perhaps you have 'powers'... *laughs* yes..powers..I'm sure even when drunk I didn't dream up anything that wild!'

'Lynch her and we will get our answer, do nothing and another will die!'
Me>You