2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike G

Mike G

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Recently in the net I stumbled upon a man from Chicago that was undertaking a project that really blew my mind.

The guy's name is John Gosling, and he is an indie game developer. His new game is called Net Gain, and it is a cyberpunk strategy game where you take a role of corporate broker who's daily routine is to gain information on competitors by managing a team of sophisticated spies/hackers etc.

The game closely resembles a hellish mix of Syndicate and Shadow President.

When I first saw the intro movie and read the description, I was immediately stunned by the complexity and the scale. The amount of work that he put in the game is amazing.

Here is a link:

http://www.kickstart...orate-espionage

Then we had a chat with John. I voted for multiplayer. He said it was possible, if the funding was enough. Well it seems we just have to wait and see how much money his kickstarter campaign will earn him. I put in quite a bit. If anybody likes the project the same way I did, please help spread the word.

Does anybody see the potential of this project? Can this be the next EVE Online, if the campaign succeeds? Might we all become a part of this corporate espionage cyberpunk netplay?  Time will tell.
For now it is a small, poorly funded indie project made by a talented guy who can really use some help.

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

First off, welcome to Reloaded Mike. :ok:

Wow! That looks cool. I've always been obsessed with Shadow President. Where some see ugly graphics, I see one of the only games like it.

That project looks impressive. :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing.

#3 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hmm, the concept of the game as you describe it has reminded me of some game I read about some time ago, called something like Spycraft or maybe SpyNet... not sure but it was marketed as an "alternative" "indie" project.

On a second thought, the title could have been Deception or Sabotage or something like that..?