487 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

Introduction:

One of Reloaded's largest and most popular threads was "The Adventure Thread". It was a play on classic text-based adventure games. The Adventure Thread became one of our first roleplays.

However, as narrator, I was taking the storyline too seriously. We do have other serious roleplays on our forum. And there is no need for chapters, and other complex formats of usual roleplays.

So this is The Adventure Thread 2. A simple, fun, funny, dramatic, and overall.. completely insane version of the first one. Anyone can jump in, since the story will not be complex. This "roleplay" is all about fun. It's a game and a roleplay all in one.

AT 2 will be taking place in the same universe of the original AT. Is it all a dream? Or is it reality..

You make the decisions. Nothing is too insane. Nothing is too far fetched. Let's have fun.

Anyone can jump in and make a decision for the character. Let's see how this story turns out.

Instructions:

Here's an example post. I am the narrator.

Nick
You wake up in a dark room. You don't recognize the shape of it. You're lying on a comfy bed. There is a lamp on the night stand. What would you like to do?

Turn on Lamp

Nick
The lamp turns on, and you can see that you are in a hotel room.

Start:

You wake up in a dark room. You don't recognize the shape of it. You're lying on a comfy bed. There is a lamp on the night stand. What would you like to do?

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Let's turn on the lamp   :smile:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

You turn on the light. It appears you are in a hotel room. A TV sits in the corner, along with a closet and a desk. Along the wall is a large window. A small hallway leads to another room. What would you like to do?

#4 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Turn on tv
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

You turn on the TV. It appears the movie "The Godfather" is on. What would you like to do?

#6 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Examine desk

#7 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

The desk has an assortment of objects on top of it. You find: Papers, a pen, a metal envelope opener, a box of cigarettes, and a matchbook. What would you like to do?

#8 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Read papers
Take all

#9 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

You read the papers..

MENTAL HOSPITAL
EMERGENCY ADMIT

Patient Name: John/Jane Doe
Reason for Admittance: Harmful to self, and others. Suffering from multiple mental disorders.

Free burger coupon at McGreasy Grill! Come in today!

Want to date local hot singles in your area? Give us a call at 555-****

CLASSIFIED
The rest of the paper has been ripped.

You pocket the other items. Suddenly, you hear a loud moan.. almost a grunt. It's coming from the other room. What would you like to do?

#10 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Go to hallway
Knock on door of other room

:smile:

#11 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Once out in the hall, you knock on the door. Within seconds, the door cracks open.

This is what you see.

Posted Image

#12 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Scream
Punch him

#13 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

You scream as loud as you can. You then punch the zombie. The zombie falls to the ground inside the room. Time to escape.. or do something more serious.. you have items in your inventory. You also notice a fire extinguisher nearby, housed in a glass case.. a hatchet mounted to the wall. What will you do?

#14 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Grab hatchet
Break glass case
Grab extinguisher
Spray zombie

#15 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

After grabbing the hatchet, you break the glass case. Once the fire extinguisher is in your hands, you blast the zombie. He is pushed across the room.. foam everywhere. Eventually, the force from the blast pushes him against the window.. it begins to crack.. and within seconds, the glass shatters. You watch the zombie fall out the window..

SPLAT! THUD.

It appears you are pretty high up.