(a “formerly” vaporware RPG)
Here's some thing that you don't see everyday, a new release for the Commodore 64.
NEWCOMER is a RPG by Hungarian developer Protovision, a game thats been in the works for over 21 years (DN Forever only took 13).
Its to be relesed this year as Freeware/Donationware.
*180+ characters you can interact with, each with his/her own portrait graphic
* 10+ people who may join you, to make a team of up to 6 members
* …or try it on your own, in the extra challenging Solo game mode…
* 50+ different areas to explore, created with 30+ different graphic sets
* 100+ cutscenes/situational graphics in-game, that make you feel like you are there
* 180,000+ words of ingame text, mostly interactive conversations
* No random encounters
* Thousands of puzzles and situations to encounter and solve
* Complex, non-linear gameplay with multiple levels of endings
* Months or weeks of immersive gaming until you "complete" the game…
* …but there will still be a thousand situations, resolutions and encounters you have not seen yet, and 2 more game modes to complete!
* Animated intro and outro sequences
* Game controls changed for more comfort for emulator users on PC/Mac keyboards
Intro Video (old version)
Systems: C64, Windows, Linux, Mac
NEWCOMER Product Page
Protovision Development Page
History by Project Leader
Hope this is of interest...