23 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:46 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 JimmyJ

JimmyJ

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hmm, i must have had an older version of this, the graphics are worse in my version, i'd better download this one :)

#3 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

Looks fun. Downloaded just now.

#4 Shunk Eat Enemy

Shunk Eat Enemy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

I loved shadowrun for the SNES and the Sega version as well   :)

ill give this a try

#5 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:27 PM

I can't complete the missions, because I never have any idea what to do. D:

Nevermind, really fun when you get the hang of it. :)

#6 MasterGrazzt

MasterGrazzt

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:53 PM

I like how you suggest the Shadowrun video games as something you may like if you like Decker because this game is actually based on Shadowrun the pen and paper RPG, at least the Matrix portion of it. In fact, the hackers in Sr are called deckers.
user posted image

#7 Homsar

Homsar

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:18 PM

This one's actually been around for a few years now. The learning curve is a bit steep but once you figure out what to do it's a fun little game.
aaAaAaAA...AHM A SOOOOONG FROM THA SIXTIEEEES

#8 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

Well being something of a cyberpunk fan this one definatly has me interested.. however as someone mentioned the learning curve DOES sem to be a bit on the steep side. :)

Any of the more experianced players willing to share a few beginers tips for those just starting out? :)  :bleh:  :P

#9 Shunk Eat Enemy

Shunk Eat Enemy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:54 PM

alright for missions you have to deactivate or activate something the obj for those are in the rooms that look like yellow triangles (on your map)
the green rooms have files you can download modify and erase those
first you gotta scan those and perhaps evaluate them to find out the value to sell them at the end of the mission for extra cash

now for missions where you have to run a program in a particular room you need to go to the bottem left corner and click load program
then use then program in the room specifyed

Theres also a HELP file in the decker root for other questions, most of what i said is unmentioned i think, also SAVE! SAVE! SAVE! it will help you alot

I like how you suggest the Shadowrun video games as something you may like if you like Decker because this game is actually based on Shadowrun the pen and paper RPG, at least the Matrix portion of it. In fact, the hackers in Sr are called deckers.

I know where the game orignates i've never played the pen and paper version though, perhaps I'll look for one of the books, my freinds might wanna try it out.

#10 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

View PostShunk Eat Enemy, on Aug 5 2006, 11:54 PM, said:

alright for missions you have to deactivate or activate something the obj for those are in the rooms that look like yellow triangles (on your map)
the green rooms have files you can download modify and erase those
first you gotta scan those and perhaps evaluate them to find out the value to sell them at the end of the mission for extra cash

now for missions where you have to run a program in a particular room you need to go to the bottem left corner and click load program
then use then program in the room specifyed

Theres also a HELP file in the decker root for other questions, most of what i said is unmentioned i think, also SAVE! SAVE! SAVE! it will help you alot
Thanks, but how do you get rid of the file protection software things. I'm stumped.

#11 Umber

Umber

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:14 PM

Thanks, but how do you get rid of the file protection software things. I'm stumped.
If you mean tapeworms in file archives, you can deactivate them via decrypt program. Beware though, as unsuccessful attempt will quite likely result in red alert and destruction of the file protected by that particular tapeworm.

#12 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:04 PM

Here is a nice strategy.

Alright, whenever you are going to do something, first silence the node. Then if you are going to try and go through a gateway that is blocked, try your deceive program on it, if you succeed go right through. If you fail, start attacking it, but MAKE SURE THE NODE STAYS SILENCED. Otherwise you will attract more attention. If there is an enemy in that room, go for the enemy first because a gate cannot attack you. After doing that you should be able to go right through to the next node. In the case of a node where there are tapeworms that you need to bypass, first silence the node, then try to decrypt them one at a time. Whenever you aren't sure of what you have to do, and you are going to try something, silence the node.
Someone posted this before "first you gotta scan those and perhaps evaluate them to find out the value to sell them at the end of the mission for extra cash", explain this a little more, because I always need cash.
IPB Image

#13 Shunk Eat Enemy

Shunk Eat Enemy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:28 AM

ugg theres a really great help file but i shall

Alright scan the valuables then go to download click on the one thats not a zero then keep clicking the wait ZZZ icon until its done DLing <--> and you have your file, when you disconnect from the matrix the file is automaticly sold for extra cash.

Another great tip, doing a cotract on the last day its due has the highest value for the job then a few days beforehand which buys you time to perhaps build some programs or chips.

Now back to the |-|4x1|\|6

:)

EDIT: Last and most useful tip when fighting enemies you have scanned you get a much better chance to hit and do better damage
also they dont even get hostile when you do it. So its good to set things up before you have to sabatoge a system which is by far the hardest mission ive seen. The node has to be completely empty before you can even attempt to sabatoge.

#14 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

View PostRyGuy, on Aug 6 2006, 07:04 PM, said:

Here is a nice strategy.

Alright, whenever you are going to do something, first silence the node. Then if you are going to try and go through a gateway that is blocked, try your deceive program on it, if you succeed go right through. If you fail, start attacking it, but MAKE SURE THE NODE STAYS SILENCED. Otherwise you will attract more attention. If there is an enemy in that room, go for the enemy first because a gate cannot attack you. After doing that you should be able to go right through to the next node. In the case of a node where there are tapeworms that you need to bypass, first silence the node, then try to decrypt them one at a time. Whenever you aren't sure of what you have to do, and you are going to try something, silence the node.
Someone posted this before "first you gotta scan those and perhaps evaluate them to find out the value to sell them at the end of the mission for extra cash", explain this a little more, because I always need cash.
Thanks!

#15 Tomf

Tomf

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

This was my firrst review could you guys tell me what you think of it

Reply to this topic