#78 Minti

Minti

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

Hi there Everyone, I'm Minti.  

I was born on March 26th, 1985 in a hospital in Finland. I live in a city called Forssa, I think you fellow Finns know that place. Or then not. Anyway. I don't have any siblings, but I do have a dog. Minti is not my real name, Minna Mari is. And even though it has two parts, it's still my first name. People always think in some weird way, and call me Minna, and I hate that. I'm not Minna, I'm Minna Mari. And I'm a girl, in case someboy's wondering.   LOL

I study computer engineering in HAMK University of Applied Sciences here in Forssa, I just finished my first year. Lucky me, I got a job that connects to my studies, and right now I'm doind documentation of network to this one food factory. I still have 4 days of working left and after that I will start my summer holiday. Back to school I will go in September.

I was supposed to study religion and/or psychology, but I changed my mind and got back to computers, which has been a dear hobby of mine since I was about 7 years old. I have always been called 'a nerd' and I have tried so hard to get rid of that, but then I thought that I should become a real official nerd and start studying programming and embedded systems and all that. Besides all that hard studying I am all active in student association for local engineering students, I handle connections to other associations, public relations, advertisements, information and parties.

I still have some free time which I like to spend with my friends or my boyfriend, I like drawing, reading and listening to music. And playing games, of course. My favourite music is rap, reggae, reggaeton and celtic music. It just depends on my mood.

My favourite games are The Sims (and other freaky simulations like ThemeHospital and SimCity), Colonization, Civilization.. I have noticed that I like games where I can create, I'm not that big into killing games. Master of Magic is an old favourite, have been playing it for years. Covert Action and Ports of Call, one of the first games I ever played. I like fantasy and historical games (like MoM and Colonization for example) creative games (The Sims) but also puzzles and mind games (Cliff Johnsons games, Dr. Brains, all these internet-riddles). I like extraordinary concepts in games. I don't even remember all the games I love right now and I can't check my vaults cause I'm at work.

So, there's me.. Nice to meet you all.  :)

#79 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:05 AM

View PostMinti, on Jun 16 2006, 11:08 AM, said:

Hi there I'm not Minna, I'm Minna Mari. And I'm a girl, in case someboy's wondering. :party:

Hi Minna! Ooops, Minna Mari of course! :D And welcome to our great (+x amount of praising adjectives) forums! I'd had hard time guessing that from your name (not mention seeing your pic... LOL)!!! :P

:)

*goes shaming*
...70 years... LOL

#80 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

Welcome to the site :)

Nice to meet you. It sounds like you have at least one common interest with everyone here, so I think you'll like the place LOL

Yo!

#81 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:09 PM

Welcome aboard!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#82 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:11 PM

Hello!

ThemeHospital was the first game I bought in the US when I moved over there. So that's pretty cool :)

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#83 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

Welcome to AR, Minti who is not Minna, but Minna Mari :)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#84 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:53 AM

Päivää, Minna Mari!

#85 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:46 PM

View PostMinti, on Jun 16 2006, 08:08 AM, said:

I'm not Minna, I'm Minna Mari.
just out of curiosity, do you have some sort of short nickname? (I have this theory you see, that every person can be Identified (offence free) with a 2 or 3 syllable nickname, anything longer is hard to pronunce all the time and gets shortened)
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#86 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

Double M, maybe? :)

Yo!

#87 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:48 AM

Okay, here I go. Late as usual, but with enough of my bio to bore anyone to death. LOL

I was born the 13th of December 1979 in Madrid, the capital of Spain. My parents were working there but they're from different parts of Spain and had met elsewhere. Some time passed until we settled here in Valladolid, in the northern half of Spain, so I lived in Madrid for three months only —obviously I don't remember a thing—, then in Santander —northern coast— for three years —no memories either—, where I was in fact baptized —not significant any longer for me, now atheist for philosophical NOT political reasons— and in Valladolid since then.

I'm kind of good at studies but incredibly lazy for things that doesn't interest me and I do compulsorily, which include exams. I got away pretty well from elementary school and institute —not sure about English terms here—, but now in the university I've lagged shamefully and embarrassingly. I should be finishing Engineering presently at last, though. I've also earned some bucks occasionally teaching private classes —Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

As a matter of fact part of my failure in the university is due to one of my most distinctive features, my utter lack of social abilities. Fortunately I've got some very good friends from before the university, but it's always been they who introduced themselves to me at first, not the other way around. Aside from that, perceiving no actual purpose in existence has made a melancholic fellow out of me, I'm a boring person who doesn't like to party, rather I enjoy talking about interesting things. But I confront life with an Epicurean attitude, even a clowny one sometimes with friends.

I got fond of Internet fora not long ago, and actually only Ab, AbR and another Spanish abandonware site, but I find the ease to socialize here most jolly and stimulating. LOL By the way, as it's obvious from my avatar and signature, I'm called Japofran in Ab, it's a long story, and now it's too late to have the same nickname for both fora. By the way, as for my real name check the corresponding Ab fora topic.

I wasn't that interested in politics until not long ago, but now I guess I'm a right-wing nut, specifically what Americans would call a libertarian. In fact I keep a blog in Spanish about politics. That's going pretty against the tide in Spain in case you wonder, specially since I'm pro-American. I'm also interested in History and have read something about Anthropology as well, History of Religions to be precise. For some years now I don't read novels, rather books which I can actually learn something from. Yes, I'm kind of prosaic and lack any artistic talent. However I can enjoy good novels and have enjoyed many, it's just that modern ones don't seem good to me and I always find something more interesting to read; but there are still so many good old novels I'll read some day.

Which music do I like? Good one. I'm serious, the genre is indifferent: rock, pop, folk, so-called-world-music, classical, electronic... Most times I make do with some radio station which plays pop and rock back from the eighties and around, or sometimes the Spanish state radio station which plays classical music if it's not playing some modern dodecaphonic crap.

I don't think I'm a conventional gamer, maybe I can't be called a gamer at all; but that's not my fault but my parents'. When all my friends had C64-like computers I had nothing; when everybody had Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and PCs I had nothing; :D my father seemingly thought that this would shape a better character for me, but the results don't talk in favour of his methods. LOL I remember when Flashback was published, not having a Genesis then was sooo painful. So I didn't grow among videogames as a kid, except for arcades. Later, they bought me an Atari 2600 when it was already grossly obsolete, more like a museum piece. Then I got a Sega Master System when the Genesis had already been out for eons. When I got my first computer it was a 16 MHz 286 1 Mb RAM 40 Mb HDD with a gray-scale monitor discarded from my father's business, that must have been when the Pentiums were already around. But it was in that computer where I played Civilization for example, that was sweet; however I couldn't play many other games such as Doom. After that I've had some other computers my father had discarded, but it's been weeks ago that I got my first non-obsolete computer, whose keyboard I'm pounding right now. LOL My favourite game genre is strategy but it looks like I would be growing old because games can't get my interest like before. :(
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#88 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, I recognized you by your avatar :D

Welcome to Reloaded Japofran/Tanaka!

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#89 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

Well, a little late introduction, a little late welcoming! Great to have more strategists here! And I hope you're HC-strategist, not RTS. :D
...70 years... LOL

#90 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

Yes, welcome Tapofran.:D

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks