^ all signs point to suck

#17 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

Does it even have a plot? If I remember correctly the game did not.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#18 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

It has a loose plot I believe not much of a story but it has traces of it apparently.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#19 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:06 AM

The game had no real plot.. the film has slight padding.

Will be interesting to see how they turn a brainless shooter into a movie.
Me>You

#20 troop18546

troop18546

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:20 PM

Seen it and it rocked (unlike to some FPS game haters). Doom3 had a storyline (hanging onto every word of PDA's made it interesting + a little imagination). Doom wasn't scary as the actuall game, instead it was a great action movie. The first person view made it a success. If anyone (repeat: ANYONE) liked the game as much as me - see the movie.
Is it my soul?
Is it that glimpse of light? I never forget to expect.
Or is it you? Some kind of angel.
That keeps me in waiting forever?

#21 troop18546

troop18546

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:24 PM

Another thing, I hope "The Suffering" movie becomes a hit.
Is it my soul?
Is it that glimpse of light? I never forget to expect.
Or is it you? Some kind of angel.
That keeps me in waiting forever?

#22 OvErLoRd

OvErLoRd

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

troop18546, on Nov 19 2005, 03:20 PM, said:

Seen it and it rocked (unlike to some FPS game haters). Doom3 had a storyline (hanging onto every word of PDA's made it interesting + a little imagination). Doom wasn't scary as the actuall game, instead it was a great action movie. The first person view made it a success. If anyone (repeat: ANYONE) liked the game as much as me - see the movie.
Sorry to disagree, but I loved the game (first one, of course, it's a legend), and I still think the movie is typical example of extremely bad, low-quality, B-production action movie. The fact that main actor is The Rock makes it even more obvious.

Back on topic, my favourite horror movie is Brian de Palma's ''Carrie''. Just great!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

- from ''Lord of the Rings'' by J.R.R.Tolkien

#23 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:57 PM

Isn't it Carrie (maybe Carrie 2) where that guy has his genitals severed by a harpoon and falls in a swimming pool? Not really my thing :D
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#24 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

Blair Witch was done ok. otherwise i just dont like horror movies.... i mean if you want to be scared crapless or see some disturbing stuff watch faces of death.... or no dont watch it because its messed up.

my faveroute "horror" movie would be Premutos (german version obviously) and the Violent crapola series

edit:
it is not called violent crapola :D

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#25 DeathSpark

DeathSpark

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

My pic:
The Shinning
Alien (Freaked me out whn I was a kid)
The Ring (the first time I saw it)
Carrie

What makes it a horror movie great is it's way too scare the hell out of you, no matter how gory is, if it does'nt have disturving, it won't do good. That I like about pshycological flicks.

And forget about Doom, thats more an action flick, I'm giving high hopes to the Silent Hill movie. The best video game horror series. I hope it won't end like House of the Dead, that will make me REALLY SAD :blink: !!!

#26 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:16 PM

The Shinning
Shh! You want to get sued?
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#27 DeathSpark

DeathSpark

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

LOL Sorry!! :blink:

#28 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

Yeah the silent hill movie should be interesting, and I have a somewhat interest in the next RE movie, the series has been alright, other than going against the storyline and adding in bits and pieces still interested to see what they do with the next one.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#29 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:35 AM

They're making another RE movie? God, RE2 sucked so bad I don't know if I can put myself through another one :blink:

The Silent Hill movie sounds interesting. I remember being totally freaked out playing Silent Hill 2 years ago. LOL

#30 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Ah come on RE 2 wasn't that bad, I mean some shotty acting here and there but it at least had some characters from the game, uh yeah bonus. :blink: