35 replies to this topic

#16 Dante

Dante

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, well by cheap i meant perfect.  It's more an execution than a fight.

#17 Dante

Dante

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:33 AM

oh yeah, one more thing

Organization that makes remixes of videogame music

#18 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

Well now that Dante's spilled the beans, I don't think we need a 2.0 of this game. You all can find the characters, stages, and music you want, load them in there like Dante said, and make your own version of the game. I'm perfectly happy with my version, which is why I label it the Final version.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Games I've gotten on the site:
Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#19 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

I didn't realize the Mugen engine was so flexible :)

SpiDoL: Is it possible for us to somehow credit the sources you used for this game (and your others)? Can you put in a credits page in the game and recompile it for us to host? Or even make a text file we can put in the archive?

I don't really know the ins and outs of the way things are done in the Mugen community, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, you know - admin stuff ;)

Edit: - I decided to download and check it out myself, I see that the characters seem to be credited in readmes in their respective folders. However, if you could make a "credits" file that we can put in the archive anyway, I would really appreciate it - the stages don't all seem to have credits, and neither does the music.

Also, I've switched the sound on in mugen.cfg, and will re-archive it and upload it.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#20 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

View Posttaikara, on Feb 25 2007, 06:10 PM, said:

I didn't realize the Mugen engine was so flexible :)

SpiDoL: Is it possible for us to somehow credit the sources you used for this game (and your others)? Can you put in a credits page in the game and recompile it for us to host? Or even make a text file we can put in the archive?

I don't really know the ins and outs of the way things are done in the Mugen community, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, you know - admin stuff ;)

Edit: - I decided to download and check it out myself, I see that the characters seem to be credited in readmes in their respective folders. However, if you could make a "credits" file that we can put in the archive anyway, I would really appreciate it - the stages don't all seem to have credits, and neither does the music.

Also, I've switched the sound on in mugen.cfg, and will re-archive it and upload it.

All right. But hey, when you recompile it, tweak the video and audio for optimal quality and performance, and make sure you put the icon in the data folder into the main folder, so people can use it.

Characters:
Blackheart - Sunboy
Cable - Ryou Win
Captain America - MystikBlaze
Carnage - SethZankuten
Crystal - Magus
Cyclops - BlackJack
Gambit - LuvlyAngel
Strong Guy - McCready
Hulk - Blackbocs
Iceman - Splode
Iron Man - Magus
Juggernaut - Pkretsch
Magneto - BillyKane
Marrow - Buyog2099
Psylocke - Qkrtkf
Rogue - Pkretsch
Sentinel - Zolagun
Shuma-Gorath - Qkrtkf
Silver Samurai - Corntortillas
Spawn - ER
Spider-Man - SethZankuten
Spider-Man 2099 - Buyog
Storm - Sunboy
Thor - Loganir
Venom - JuanCarlos
War Machine - One Winged Angel
Wolverine - Rehap
Dr. Doom - JuanCarlos
Thanos - Unknown

Stages:
Daily Bugle - JuanCarlos
Shield Helicarrier - Loganir
Gamma Base - Loganir
Stark Enterprises - JuanCarlos
Asgard - Loganir
Uptown Express - Unknown
Hell - JuanCarlos
Mutant Graveyard - Unknown
New York Harbor - JuanCarlos
Avalon - JuanCarlos
Castle Von Doom - Magus
Galactic Throne - JuanCarlos

Final Game Cleanup, Completion, and Compilation - SpiDoL

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#21 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

ATTENTION!

Although I said the version of MSH I made was the final version, I changed my mind. I am making v1.5 as we speak. New characters will be added to the roster, and it will be more balanced out. I'll post the new version here when I'm done with it...

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#22 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:31 AM

Link Removed. Had to clean up useless files and include the credits. v1.75 coming tomorrow...

New Characters:
Crystal
Gambit
Strong Guy
Rogue
Spider-Man 2099
Storm
Thanos

Apocalypse and Onslaught have been scrapped. Dr. Doom and Thanos are the new final bosses. This way it's more balanced and organized.

Also, my favorite superhero, Iron Man, has been beefed up. Now more like his Ultimate Avengers self, he's traded in his Proton Cannon for a Quad Beam, a Hulkbuster Outfit, and a Plasma Sweeper. Not to mention his cool new voice.

Now that I've figured out how the sound works, I've turned it back on and optimized the game for maximum quality and performance.

Please make new screenshots and post on the main site as soon as possible. Thanks.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#23 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

View PostDeathDude, on Feb 25 2007, 12:53 AM, said:

Best program to do such conversions I think is musicmatch, yeah big program but also converts to a bunch of other formats as well. Thanks again though for all this detailed info on adding mp3s and such. :)
I use switch(trial mind you, I'm cheap ;)). Works fine. About the game, I don't think I'm going to download this, not so in to fighting games.

#24 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

(v1.75 Obsolete. Uploading the Definitive Version)
Please make screenshots and post on the main site as soon as possible.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#25 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

We're not ignoring you, don't worry. When someone takes new shots and submits  them they can be prepped and put up. :)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#26 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

OK. I'll shut up now.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#27 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

I hate to say it, but the next version of MSH I'm making might be the final version period.

I'm not on best terms with the MUGEN community. The creators are always fussy about their work being used without permission, and the DCvM team has very strict new rules about members. I'll be lucky if I'm still on there when Ghost Rider comes out.

So here's the deal. If my account from DCvM is gone before Ghost Rider comes out, then the current version (v1.75) will be the final version. If I'm still there however, then I'll make more versions with more characters and stages. If only the MUGEN community wasn't so stubborn...

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#28 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:27 AM

Screw it. I'm not gonna crawl on my knees and beg for mercy at the hands of the DCvM team. I've made the Definitive version of MSH. 30 Characters (15 Marvel, 15 X-Men), and 20 Stages. Done Deal. I'm uploading it right now. Please disregard v1.75 and all work done on it so far, because the Definitive version makes it obsolete.

EDIT:
I hope someone gets this message.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#29 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

(Link Removed. Stolen Version)

Please notify me when screenshots are made and it's ready to post.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#30 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:15 AM

Well, I must say...

First off, I LOVE the Marvel Vs. Capcom series. Just the idea of playing as your favorite super hero in any type of game is cool in my opinion (I am / used to be a comic nut :P), let alone in a hugely fun and adicting 2d fighting game. I was looking for a port / emulated version type thing a while ago (more like long ago xD), but never could find anything. Until now. Haven't downloaded it yet, but just the idea is exciting, and I certainly hadn't heard of MUGEN before this (ironically its one of my WoW characters names oO), so points for just that :).

Only idea (having not played it yet) that I might add would maybe be some sort of online multiplayer mode. As its freeware, and a 2D fighter at that, its probly not nearly popular enough to have "rooms" or w/e you want to call it, but maybe just connecting to a known IP adress for some quick set up 1 on 1s would be cool / fun.

Reply to this topic