43 replies to this topic

#1 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

Well, it looks like everybody can present their ideas of how to make gaming history, so heres my try.

This idea-of-a-game popped into my mind years ago, but I dismissed it thinking it would suck. But as I watch the games coming out nowdays and the ideas borning here in this forum I think my lil idea might have a chance :)

I think this is the type of game that would suck terribly and the world will go rofl about it, or they will actually like it :angel:

It is a FPS/RPG/Soccer game. I know some of you already laughing, but think about it for a sec.

You play soccer in FPS dotted with RPG elements. You can be striker, defender, goalkeeper, hell even the coach :lol: You see the playfield as you would see as if you were actually playing on the pitch. Let me explain:

You can choose the Career Mode. You can make your own rookie soccer player and start a career. Your character has attributes like speed, shooting accuracy, passing, style(!) and so on. You must distribute some limited points to these attributes. You must select your position like AM, DM, GK or anything (it would be possible to swich positions with training, but it will be hard. Like multiclassing in NWN). You start out as a rookie player in some low-down soccer club. You play the matches as you were actually there. You have a HUD displaying your characters statistics like health, fatigue, H2O level and possibly some other stuff. You control with the WASD and play like normal soccer players do on your position. If you wander off your position your coach will be angry, if your do something stupid or against the rules, the referee will do his job. You can tackle and get the ball, pass it on to other players and even shoot goals.

After every match you will get experience poins depending on your match statistics. You can distribute these points to boost your attributes with training. You will be faster, shoot more accuratly, or dribble with more style(the crowd loves that :P). And you will get fame points if you do something good, like shoot goals, present some cool dribbling manuvers and so on, and lose them if your do something stupid, like pass the ball to the enemy or hearbutt the pole :P. After some time, you can go to more respected clubs and get more money and so on. The main goal is to win the Cup with your team or even the World Cup with the international team.

This is only my beta version of this idea, so every detail is sure yet.

So what do you think?
The Master of Light and Darkness

Don't fight the bad things in life, find the good ones! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!

#2 Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:49 AM

I think it sounds pretty good. Just don't use An FPS crosshair (+)
Heh, it took me a while to change this...
IPB Image
Credit goes to TheVoid for creating my wonderful avatar/personal pic.

#3 Umber

Umber

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

Actually that game exists, although it has a bit different features. It's called New Star Soccer. Unfortunately it's a shareware. Check the official site.

#4 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:38 AM

Novel idea. Control would be difficult though! :)
Me>You

#5 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

I've thought something similar, but as Sean mentioned, controls might be quite difficult, so I dropped thinking it.
...70 years... LOL

#6 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

Umber, on Jan 21 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

Actually that game exists, although it has a bit different features. It's called New Star Soccer. Unfortunately it's a shareware. Check the official site.
Damn. Every single game idea I get has been made already :)

No matter I WILL do it someday. FPS/RPG/soccer game. Well the contolls are not a big problem. Just take Halo for example or the old Mechwarrior games. Those needed almost 2 keyboards to be able to play. Now how difficult could it be to play football? You need a key to shoot, to tackle, to jump, to dribble...not too many actually, not a lot more than a regular FPS. And key could be combined so a key does deifferent things when you have the ball and different when you doesnt have the ball, just like in FIFA.

I was waiting for some ideas though...

Don't fight the bad things in life, find the good ones! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!

#7 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

So, there is only one type of shot?

Simplifies things.. simplicity in football games sucks. :)
Me>You

#8 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

Sounds a bit like a footballer version of Princess Maker 2.:) Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, mind you...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#9 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

PM2?

How the heckle sheckle did you draw that conclusion Raffles?

Although it'd be cool if my little princess played football!
Me>You

#10 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

Okay, it looks like nobody takes me seriously around here... :)

Concerning the shooting: It can be done various ways without over-complicating things. For example you will shoot when you release the button, and the arrow keys could be used(shooting button still pressed) to bend the shot. The power and angle could be done similarly. Or if you have better ideas, please share.

#11 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

Don't be disheartened Play.  There's nothing wrong with your idea.   :angel:

I think you should go ahead with it.   :)

EDIT
A suggestion for the controls.  What about assigning the 'S' key for shoot.  J for jump.  T for tackle, and so on.  You could use the arrow keys to direct it.  The more experience you have, the more accurate you will be.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#12 Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:43 AM

Frodo, on Jan 22 2006, 12:15 AM, said:

Don't be disheartened Play.  There's nothing wrong with your idea.   :angel:

I think you should go ahead with it.   :)

EDIT
A suggestion for the controls.  What about assigning the 'S' key for shoot.  J for jump.  T for tackle, and so on.  You could use the arrow keys to direct it.  The more experience you have, the more accurate you will be.
S would be assigned go backwards as Play said it's the basic controls for an FPS.

W
ASD motion

Lclick Fire

Rclick Alternate(?)

Scrolly (Change types of shots?)

Space (jump)
Heh, it took me a while to change this...
IPB Image
Credit goes to TheVoid for creating my wonderful avatar/personal pic.

#13 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:35 AM

Sean, on Jan 21 2006, 10:15 PM, said:

PM2?

How the heckle sheckle did you draw that conclusion Raffles?
Well...

Play's first post said:

You can make your own rookie soccer player and start a career.[...]
-> obvious parallels to PM2

Play's first post[/quote said:

You have a HUD displaying your characters statistics like health, fatigue, H2O level and possibly some other stuff.[...]
-> stress level, sensitivity, etc.

Play's first post said:

If you wander off your position your coach will be angry, if your do something stupid or against the rules, the referee will do his job.[...]
-> scolding delinquent daughters

Play's first post said:

And you will get fame points if you do something good, like shoot goals, present some cool dribbling manuvers and so on[...]
-> fame points for defeating an opponent or winning a contest

I suppose the matches themselves don't really have a parallel in PM2, unless you count the adventuring, but don't forget about the training element, which both would obviously have in common.
[bad joke]In other words, if you want your footballer to score with the prince, you'd better make sure he looks fit.[/bad joke]:angel:

Sorry, Play, if you thought I wasn't taking your idea seriously, but I really think there are parallels between your football game and PM2.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#14 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

Yeah right :lol:, in that case A. J. you can paralell it to each and every career based game out there, say NFS:Underground :P I think you can find the similarities heheh...

And yeah, those ideas for contorlling look promising Bobbin. And the more-training-more-accuracy thing is also in there Frodo :)

Wow, this is starting to get along. :angel:

#15 Umber

Umber

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:34 AM

Would the game center around football, or would it also simulate the life of a player (dealing with media, with fans etc.)?