6 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:16 AM

Time for the ultimate poll... the Genre Poll. :bleh:

What are your favorite game genres? They could involve freeware, abandonware, and commercial. It should be interesting to see the results if most of our forum members vote.  :blink:

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

There's no doubt about it - Adventure is THEE best genre.   :(

With stories that suck you in and won't let go, and memorable characters that you really get to care for, I just love adventure games!   :blink:
Some of my favourite games are Maniac Mansion (one of the first where you could play as more than one character, and switch between them at will), Gabriel Knight series & Phantasmogoria series (just plain scary), Tex Murphy games (a detective who solves cases by luck, more than anything else), The Longest Journey (a beautiful story about 2 worlds), and Monkey Island (with a name like Guybrush Threepwood, who could fail to love him?).  

Going on to freeware, games like Barn Runner (c'mon Ponch, give us another Barn Runner game, :bleh:), Ben Jordan, Cosmos Quest, Conspiracy Of Songo, and many other point & click adventures.  

There is also a lot of good puzzle games like Brainstorm (I first played this on the Spectrum so many years agao), Tetris (a classic!), Pandora's Box (from the maker of Tetris), Chip's Challenge, Lemmings, Sokoban, and Brick Over Islands, that all give you a good challenge, but also make it fun to play.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 El Quia

El Quia

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

Adventure, RPG, Simulation, Strategy (and its son, managerial :bleh:) are soooooo awesome, they should rule the gaming industry! Mind you, I like my share of FPS and stuff, but those genres? they are awesome. It's a shame that I don't have the free time to delve into those awesome genres as deep as I used to do :( I wonder if I can get some people to pay me for playing them? :blink:

:(

but really, they are great.

Also, Frodo, I thought you were going to mention Sanitarium! :P

Edited by El Quia, 14 June 2010 - 08:36 PM.

Your leg falls off, revealing a bloody stump. You are losing a large amount of blood. You must find a way to escape....

> Drink blood

#4 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

View PostEl Quia, on 14 Jun 2010, 01:47 AM, said:

Also, Frodo, I thought you were going to mention Sanitarium! :(

Gah, how could I forget Sanitarium?    :bleh:  Definately one of the creepier games.   :blink:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

So far:

Adventure is in first, but RPG, Sim, and Strategy are tied for second.

I prefer any game with an open-world. Hand me weapon, a large world, and give me no restrictions. :blink:

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

Well.. the time has come. This poll is closed. The results:

1. Strategy
2. Adventure (Tie-1)
3. RPG (Tie-1)
4. Simulation (Tie-1)
5. Puzzle
6. Action (Tie-2)
7. Racing (Tie-2)
8. Arcade  (Tie-3)
9. Musical (Tie-3)
10. Sports (Tie-3)

#7 bruno warne

bruno warne

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

There are lot of genre games which i have been played on my PC. Strategy, Action and Fighting games genre are used mostly to play games.....

Reply to this topic