Grunaki's Content

There have been 4 items by Grunaki (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#30399 Petition To Atari To Launch A Next-gen Console

Posted by Grunaki on 21 May 2006 - 12:28 AM in Forum Guidelines

Petition

We all remember Atari products being great back in the day..
(If not click here and here for some nostalgia)

Maybe it can happen again..  Please sign the petition and let's see if we can get Atari back in the game! :P

#23456 Just Another Point N Click Adventure

Posted by Grunaki on 27 February 2006 - 01:37 PM in Games on Reloaded

There were sequels to Full Throttle and Sam & Max in the works and they were looking really good, but the plug was pulled on them when they were almost finished.. Probably, as you say, to finance more Star Wars crap.

Lucas really is a one-trick pony.. Okay, there's Indiana Jones as well, but that was a collaboration with Spielberg.  While I appreciate that Star Wars is a decent franchise, I wish they'd put more effort into diversification rather than just churning out "yet another story from the Star Wars universe."

Now "the saga is complete" (allegedly), maybe they'll return to making more diverse stuff... We can only hope.

#23436 Carrier Command Open Gl Remake

Posted by Grunaki on 27 February 2006 - 12:15 AM in Work in Progress

Flop, on Feb 26 2006, 10:19 PM, said:

I also note with some dismay that the makers have fallen into the trap that many, many other freeware producers also fall in: Not telling anything about themselves and who they are. This is not really that important, but as an updater I can't help but being slightly annoyed by it. :ok:
Sorry about that..

Carrier Command Project Blog

Martin (the author) updates this every so often - usually every couple of months or so.

If you'd like some more background on the original game, there's a Wikipedia entry

and you can download the PC version as abandonware from 'Home of the Underdogs'  (Abandonia doesn't have it for some reason.)

Apparently if you turn the sound off you don't need DOSbox, but I usually play the emulated ST version.

#23421 Carrier Command Open Gl Remake

Posted by Grunaki on 26 February 2006 - 09:19 PM in Work in Progress

There is an OPEN GL Remake of the 8/16 bit classic role-playing simulation Carrier Command in progress.  It's intended that the end product will be freeware. A beta is coming soon(ish).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Homepage and Forums at http://www.carriercommand.com