Keymapping Issues In Dosbox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:07 PM

I'm trying to play the DOS-version of ADOM in DOSBox since I think it's easier on the eyes when I play it fullscreen which isn't an option with the Windows version  :blink: . Problem is I have a swedish keyboard and a few doesn't exist (?!), like ">" and "<". This is making it impossible for me to enter villages, dungeons etc. I've tried using the keymapper (ctrl + F1), but I can't find the keys there and I don't even recognize the layout on the screen. I've been looking at the FAQ on the DOSBox webpage, but cannot find anything useful except the numerical codes for some keys, but that's somewhat cumbersome... Any suggestions of where I can continue my search?   :D

#2 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

I use a Norwegian keyboard, which is similliar to your keyboard.

To enter dungeons or go down, press : and to get back up it is ;. The online help is _.... hmm, what else.... ( would be the random race decider when generating a new character...

What I would propose you do, is simply go nuts in DOSBox and type your brain out. You'll see which buttons are which, then. That was what I had to do. And don't worry, it's only a couple of keys you'll need to learn that way :blink:

Edit:
But I think there is also a keymapper installed in ADOM. Might wanna give that a try :D

Yo!

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:50 PM

Thanks, I'll do that :blink:

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

Oh yeah. Picking up stuff would be , (comma) Kinda important key, that... :blink:

Yo!

#5 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:38 AM

That's the same as the standard English layout, actually (you can pick things up in a number of ways, though, for some reason).
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.