9 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

This game is very, very well made. The readme is, as stated, very good. Thanks to whoever found this, they deserve a special prize.

#3 Sapper8

Sapper8

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

Yeah... this game is really good... the guyz, who created it should deserve SOME kind of credit unfortunately I'm really bad at playing this game...

#4 Nachwolf

Nachwolf

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:38 PM

I would like to provide some info about this game

It is develloped by the ufo2000 development team, you may see credits for the game in the AUTHORS file on the game's root. (You can open it with Notepad).

The game is still under development and is open source, the development team is working hard to add new features, correct bugs and give players a refreshing game.

The lastest beta versions do not require original versions of X-com Ufo Defense and Terror from the Deep anymore but it's recommended to have them since most maps are still based on their data files.

A lot of progress has been made recently and more is to come. New maps have been added. We got new Aliens such as Snakemen, Floaters and Etherals (requires original game). Support for new weapons have been added, now you can even design your own equipment set and use it (as long as the other player has it too).

Support is for both hotseat (turn based on the same computer), LAN, and internet.

Have fun!

#5 hitmark

hitmark

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

now if only they can trow together a bot...

#6 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:00 PM

Welcome to the forums, Nachwolf and hitmark.

@Nachwolf: I'm glad to hear that Ufo 2000 is still under work, for it didn't impress me too much some time ago. Of course I understood that it was one of the first releases. Especially I like the new races and possibility to design my own equipment. Although I haven't yet tried, but now I will.

@hitmark: I don't quite understand the need of a bot, for you can play the originals, if you want to play against computer and you have much more depth... Only thing missing is designing own equipment, but I can't believe that is a huge problem.
...70 years... LOL

#7 hitmark

hitmark

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

thing is that i cant realy get the old games to work on my system. win2k and all that. ok so maybe i should try dosbox or something...

still, i often just play the game for the hunt and kill parts, and this would fit the bill nicely :ot:

allso, it would allow me to kick some human *** as snakemen and similar :)

#8 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

Aye, DOXBox will sort your problems out, mate.

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:03 AM

just thought id say that this has really advanced since the review... anybody who tried it then and got fed up should give it another try.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#10 Dave

Dave

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

The first Abandonia Ufo2000 Tournament is open! => Link.
Let's play all together ;)

Reply to this topic