#1 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

Discuss your classes and the like.
And for the old ones :P here talk about "back in the day" I guess, :P.

Hmmm, next in graphic design, we get to "learn about the rectange tool". Yay? o0 ^^

German I forgot a lot of stuff.

My math teacher is a frickin robot.

My Driver's ed teacher rambles on about anything he wants, which is quite funny.

My science teacher is annoying, and so far the HW is so simple its annoying (doing friday's now >>)

So, what about you guys? o0

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:42 AM

Actually for me school hasn't started for me yet. :P Not till next tuesday, so still a bit freedom got.

Classes thought taking for my 3rd year of studies, (Well list below is for fall term only so far, will post winter later) only 2 more to go. :P

English- Well self explantory notable novels will be reading this year are Black Bird and Oryx and Crake, which never heard of.

Political Science- Candian National Government and Politics- This will be somewhat interesting, follow a lot of this sort of thing anyway when reading the paper and such, so hopefully will be not too bad of a course.

History, Canada in World Affairs- Examines Canada's diplomatic military and economic and political role in world affairs. Special emphasis on it's relationship with the British Empire and the United States.

History, Methodology- Examines nature and function of history, and the methods of historical research and writing, yeah this course will be uh quite the one to experience I imagine.

History of Sciences And Technology- Going through history anlalyzing technology, science and medicine themes, traditions and institutions. Do know got a good prof teaching this course that had already.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:23 AM

Heh...
We had to read Animal Farm, Honors got to read Lord of the flies and other more entertaining stuff, maybe I'l try and do honors next year...

Still, Animal Farm, wow, a test, "discuss the underlying meaning" oh, scared.

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:09 AM

Are you sure you want to hear this?:P
English - duh:
I'll be doing Spenser and Shakespeare during Michaelmas and medieval drama and the second half of the Shakespeare paper in the term after that. And in Trinity, I'll be revising like mad and having exams at the end.:P I've got one more month to read all the Shakespeare plays I haven't read yet, prepare an optional thesis on Pilgrim's Progress's history as a children's book, start brushing up on mystery plays, morality plays and the like and write an insightful essay on the following Spenser quote:
"Helpe the, O holy Virgin chiefe of nine,
Thy weaker Nouice to performe thy will,
Lay forth out of thine euerlasting scryne
The antique rolles, which there lye hidden still..."

(The Faerie Queene, Proem to Book I, 2.1-4)
During 0th week, I'll be having collections (sort of mock-exams at the beginning of term for which you have to wear your gown, to make it seem a bit more official) for the Middle English paper, so I'll have to revise for that as well.

Bloody hell, how am I going to squeeze all that into less than five weeks?;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:17 PM

Yikes that sounds like a lot Raffles. Best of luck with all of that Raffles. :P

Yeah all I know is I will have a lot of essays this term, so much writing will be happening, hopefully won't have too many due on the same day.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:33 PM

French, German, Twentieth Century History and English all start for me at A-level about two weeks from now.

A better pick than my original idea of Fr, Gr, 20thHist, Chemistry and a short maths course (which I had to do to do Chem.) , methinks.

Anyway, best of luck everyone, especially Raffles, you certainly seem to have your work cut out for you!

#7 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:08 PM

Still none for me, though I'm actually getting rather bored now. Must ... organise ... life ...
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#8 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

I pride myself in being one of the few people here that isn't an outstanding student, yay mediocrity!

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#9 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:15 PM

...wow....

English department is frickin silly...

Discuss how the saying "abolute power corrupt absolutely" applies to Animal Farm

Wow.

So far 1 1/2 pages and only one quote, so about 1/3 done >> :P. Such obvious questions =\

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:22 PM

Enjoy the english your doing while it lasts, wait till ya get to college/university level english. :P

#11 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

^^ ^^ ^^
Kinda looking forward to that actually, :P.
Minus speeches I sorta like English o0.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:31 AM

I actually like doing speeches myself, wish there were more in english, like in history/poli sci. :P

#13 wood

wood

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:08 AM

Oh this will be fun.  Long time listener, first time caller.  

Ok so back in the day, we only had one T1 for the entire uni!  But wait there's more!  

Back in the day, we had real, live IP addresses on the Internet.  No NAT.  No firewall.  No packetshapers, portcaps, software firewalls.  Nope.  Just NT boxes that you could ping from anywhere in the world.....What the holy hell were we thinking?!  My wristwatch has a firewall now.  

Man we were risktakers!

Ah, wasted youth.....
Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

#14 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:17 AM

View Postwood, on Aug 30 2006, 12:08 AM, said:

Oh this will be fun.  Long time listener, first time caller.  

Ok so back in the day, we only had one T1 for the entire uni!  But wait there's more!  

Back in the day, we had real, live IP addresses on the Internet.  No NAT.  No firewall.  No packetshapers, portcaps, software firewalls.  Nope.  Just NT boxes that you could ping from anywhere in the world.....What the holy hell were we thinking?!  My wristwatch has a firewall now.  

Man we were risktakers!

Ah, wasted youth.....

Lovely to have you here, wood :P

To imagine I was just so damn happy to not be on dialup anymore... what was I thinking? :P

Not wasted, btw. "Misguided." Big difference.

As for me, I am pleased to announce that I've collected enough moolah to sign up for classes again (if you've already heard it, sorry!!). On the menu this term: Some boring literature class I'm pretty sure I've taken a thousand times already (I'd rather be taking one of Raffles' lit courses - at least I wouldn't want to shoot myself in the head from sheer boredom), and a drawing & composition course. Pretty excited about the drawing, my technical skills could use a brushup. It's too bad I hate the "technical" part.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:17 AM

View PostMoogle, on Aug 29 2006, 11:38 PM, said:

^^ ^^ ^^
Kinda looking forward to that actually, :P.
Minus speeches I sorta like English o0.
What do you mean by speeches? Sort of like short presentations on a topic?;)

I'm currently in the process of scribbling a first draft for my essay, so now all that tedious note-taking will come in handy at last.:P

Oh, and welcome to the forum, wood.:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks