46 replies to this topic

#16 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Kluf-

Wow! I'm humbled! Thank you for the incredibly kind words! Putting me in the same sentence as my hero, Tim Schaefer, is making me kinda dizzy!  :D It also encourages me to get out there and work on the sequel, big time!

Frodo-

I'm glad the ending got you! There's LOTS more to the story, too...it doesn't end there by any means. Here's hoping we can make the sequel...

Taikara-

:blink: That was all my fault...sorry. I was going through all sites that linked to download Prodigal, and updating the links. I didn't even look at the old link before I changed it...I didn't realize you guys would be so fast! Soo...umm...sorry.  :P

#17 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

Downloading now, got a bit of homework to do before I can play but I'll be sure to share my thoughts at some point tonight. Looking forward to this :P

EDIT: Oo. Looking good so far. I must confess I held some concern about the graphical style but seeing it in practice is great  :blink: Already stuck and as others have said walk cycle is too slow. I am aware that this is mentioned in the readme but it would be nice if I could just jump in and play at a reasonable speed. Just something to bare in mind for the sequel if that ever comes about. Once I complete the game I'll comment on it some more. Like what I see so far.

EDIT2: Glued to the screen for over an hour. I got a headache due to my sleepyness and just got booted off of computer by my mum but I managed to get to act 4! o0.
Me>You

#18 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Heehee! Glad you're enjoying it Sean! Makes all the hard work worthwhile! Just wait 'till you get to the end...then it is REALLY going to blow your mind! :blink:

I really don't get everyone's big deal over the walk speed. When compaired to Sierra or Lucasarts games, the speed is about the same. Gamers have just gotten more impatient.

Just use the middle mouse button, and you won't have any problems. Using the middle mouse button just makes the game play more like Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within. Characters didn't walk in that game, the screen would just switch.

I'll address this issue in the sequel, however...make a speed slider or something.

#19 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:42 AM

I'll probably finish it up tommorow if I can take time off of developing my own game :blink:

----
Requirements:

2.0 GHZ and 512 MB RAM recommended for running the game in 640x480 resolution for high-res special effects.

Thats wrong. I got 192mb ram with a 2.5ghz processor and it ran fine at 640x480. No need for all that RAM.
Me>You

#20 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:26 AM

Trisk, on Feb 1 2006, 06:42 PM, said:

Frodo-

I'm glad the ending got you! There's LOTS more to the story, too...it doesn't end there by any means. Here's hoping we can make the sequel...
I hope you do make a sequal.  It was a lovely game.   :blink:

SPOILER ALERT

I was sad at the end when Jacob was trapped because his brother tricked him.

I would love to see what happens next.   :P

Edited by BeefontheBone, 14 February 2006 - 11:35 PM.

Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#21 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:18 AM

Me too definitely left a lot of questions, here's hoping we can see one. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#22 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

Frodo, on Feb 5 2006, 04:26 AM, said:

Trisk, on Feb 1 2006, 06:42 PM, said:

Frodo-

I hope you do make a sequal.  It was a lovely game.   :P

SPOILER ALERT

I was sad at the end when Jacob was trapped because his brother tricked him.

I would love to see what happens next.   :D
YOU RUINED THE STORY FRODO :D  :blink:

I read it by bloody accident and now... now.. *meep*ING HELL
Me>You

#23 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

Well the yellow text didn't ya know tip you off, since generally different coloured text=spoilers. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#24 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:13 PM

Sean, on Feb 7 2006, 04:22 PM, said:

YOU RUINED THE STORY FRODO :D  :blink:

I read it by bloody accident and now... now.. *meep*ING HELL
See how it says SPOILER ALERT in bold capitals, followed by some pale yellow text?
Funnily enough, that kinda indicates that there is a spoiler ahead.   :P

Thanks DD  :D
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#25 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

Yes, there are lots of questions, and the sequel has all the answers! And only three people on the face of the planet know what those answers are! MWAAAHAHAHAhahahahahahaaaaa!  :ok:

I'm hoping that within a month or at MOST 2, we'll know if the sequel is happening. At that point, I'll post here, letting you all know, for good or bad.

laters,
Trisk

#26 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

Edited those spoilers to be completely invisible without highlighting them - for future reference guys, putting them in white in quote tags is the way to go.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#27 Trisk

Trisk

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:36 PM

Hey everybody! Just letting you know I got back from the AGS awards, and Prodigal took home "Best Story!" Which confirms what everyone who has played it knows: Prodigal rocks! ;b

Prodigal also was nominated for "Best Backgrounds", "Best Sound", and "Best Music".

Here's hoping that award'll increase my chances of the sequel!  :ok:
Trisk

#28 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

Ooooh, congratulations bud!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#29 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

Indeed congratulations, deserved.
Me>You

#30 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

Congratulations Trisk.

Very well deserved.   :D

:ok:

Reply to this topic