• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

I recently heard about this VERY cool gadget, called the Dingoo A320 (aka Pocket Retro Game Emulator). It is a small device, that allows you to play NES, SNES, GBA, Sega Genesis, and Neo Geo roms. All in your pocket. Plus it can play tons of video files and it includes 4gb of storage. I have no clue why I am attracted to this. Maybe it is the very cheap price of $79 (through a china import).

Read More.

My birthday is coming up. And I'm highly considering getting this. After all, who wouldn't want to store SMB, Pokemon, and Castlevania all on one little system?

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

Looks a neat little device, Nick   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

View Postmitchrobins, on Oct 29 2009, 09:18 AM, said:

yeah,you could google search it to see more details of the said gadget...

Regards,
mitch
Disque dur multimedia

Yeah, I have. I've also read & watched multiple reviews. All of them praise the device. The only problem people have with it, is that some of the SNES games don't play to well. But that could easily be fixed by installing Linux on the device.

A community has already developed "Dingux", a linux OS for the Dingoo a320. ;)

#4 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:52 AM

Finally bought a white Dingoo!

Posted Image

Posted Image
With a white silicon glove. :ph34r:

Now I wait. My reseller, Justin, of Dingoo-Digital-USA, imports them from China. So I might have to wait a week or so for it to ship.

I'm already building up my ROM collection. :ph34r:

#5 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

Cool device, but don't most of new mobile phones have the capability of emulation? I know that there are NES and SNES Java emulators out there for sure.

Mitchrobins is a bot :ph34r:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

Not my cellphone. And cellphones can't play AVI and FLV video. :ph34r:

And yes, I have discovered the true identity of Mitchrobins. :ph34r:

#7 aillusionoftime

aillusionoftime

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

Have you played Terranigma? It's a great snes jrpg that never made it to the U.S for some reason. A bit strange, but it's got really nice graphics/story and is long enough. If you're looking for a good snes game and you haven't tried it, I'd recommend it.

#8 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Oooo... Very cool looking game. :ph34r:

*Downloads*

Thanks! :ph34r:

#9 aillusionoftime

aillusionoftime

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Oh great I'm glad you haven't tried it yet. Also check out Illusion of Gaia, it's by the same guys and has the same standards.

I couldn't finish it though  :ph34r:  There's a bit when you are forced to use a combo attack thing by pressing a few buttons simultaneosly and so obviously I couldn't do that on the Znes. But I guess you could play that too on your fancy gizmo!

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

Looks cool too. *downloads* :ph34r:

#11 El Quia

El Quia

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

I really liked Illusion of Gaia. Sometimes it gets a bit weird, and some combats could be a little unfair or difficult... but I ended up loving that game... and it has a very weird (in the good sense) atmosphere... and it's kinda sad :ph34r: But lovely.

Also, I can't recommend you Chrono Trigger enough. It's a GREAT game, really great! It was the first console game I really loved, that made me realize that there were cool things in consoles, too. And I think that final fantasy VI is the best in the world (among the FF series, of course. I think CT really pwns any FF game)! :ph34r:
Your leg falls off, revealing a bloody stump. You are losing a large amount of blood. You must find a way to escape....

> Drink blood

#12 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

*Downloads Chrono Trigger* :ph34r:

#13 aillusionoftime

aillusionoftime

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Dude, you're like, serious dude?

You haven't played Chrono Trigger? If that's the case, have you also missed one of the best action platformer games around, Blackthorne?

Download time, dude.

#14 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Because I was born in 1991, and my first game system was a Game Boy Color, and my first game was Tetris, yes I haven't. :ph34r:

Hey, Blackthorne is availbe for SNES, Genesis, and GBA! :ph34r:

*downloads all of `em*

#15 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

I'm a bit worried about this thread... :ph34r:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D