Final Fantasy VII: The Dark Cloud

31 replies to this topic

#1 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#2 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:27 PM

uhm... I realize I'm probably the only person lame enough not to have played FFVII, but could you maybe sum up the story in a few paragraphs?
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#3 MasterGrazzt

MasterGrazzt

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

I can do you one better. In a sentence.

A really bad game happens and then I snap my discs in half.

It's cosmic gaming injustice that Final Fantasy 7 gets a million spinoffs and fan projects, (and most of those projects get done) but Ultima is dead.
user posted image

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

Nah Final Fantasy 7 isn't a bad game, think it does get more praise than a lot of games because of some fans, but if you go into the game with no expectations and without hearing anything about it, it's a great rpg.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Sabreman

Sabreman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

I was a big fan of FFVII back in the day, as indeed I was FFVIII. I don't think they're particularly outstanding in the wider terms of RPGs, but what they do right is generate a compelling atmosphere and gameworld, and provide just the right amount of tinkering and side quests to keep the more dedicate dplayers happy.

Anyway, downloading this one now, before SquareEnix stamp all over it :ok:

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:36 PM

I definitely thought the same with 7, 8 had it's good elements with the story and such, not so much with the battle system which hated, but both had their good elements, good thing with this game is that it continues with the same elements that made 7 popular.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:54 PM

ahem. the story please? :ok:
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

It's been like maybe 2-3 years since I've played it, it's really drawn out, check out a faq at gamefaqs for more info, the jest of it is though corporation draining planet's energy, resistence fighters go on a mission to stop the corporation, and some crazy battles along the way, including one individual who discovers his true past and it goes from there.

#9 LavaBall

LavaBall

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

RPGMaker is an illegal program(Unless its the Japanese version)
The english version is cracked,The caiman forums also know that RPGMaker is Illegal(The english version ofcourse)So this game might be deleted from here aswell?

#10 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:50 AM

What do you mean? :ok:

Yo!

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

I really doubt that it's illegal. I mean, reloaded isn't a small site, and kosta/tom/someone else would have gotten a phone call/email/letter/etc. saying that it should be removed from the site..

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

Actually the version we are offering here doesn't have any of the rpg making programs and such, it's just the program itself to run the game.

#13 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

View PostLavaBall, on Sep 30 2006, 08:26 AM, said:

RPGMaker is an illegal program(Unless its the Japanese version)
that doesn't sound right. a program can't be illegal based on which langauge it uses. So what , pray tell, makes you think that the english version is on crack, while the japanese one (or say a german one to be impartial) isn't? :ok:

update: I've gone to Ciaman, like LavaBall sugested. it does say it's illegal, but doesn't have any links (save one, to a third party licensing site about RPGM XP) and as proof puts an e-mail [supposely] recieved from head of devlopment team (there is no way in heaven or hell you could check that without hacking his computer). there are no links to the company site. nor to an online store selling RPGMs of any sort. not even in japanese!!!

Edited by a1s, 30 September 2006 - 07:13 PM.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:28 PM

Even still this version just runs games made on rpg maker, it doesn't have anything to allow you to make your own rpgs like the other versions do, plus believe that this version 2000 was freeware at one time, the later versions ended up being shareware and still are.

#15 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

okay, I have another problem. does the file we host work for everyone? it keeps giving me the error as if it was only partilay downloaded.
I've manged to find a different version on the internet, it's 32 MB (ours is 27).

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

Reply to this topic