35 replies to this topic

#16 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:59 AM

Meh.:) It's just noticeable, that's all. The game's great, though. If you're the least bit interested in adventure games, you really should give it a try.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#17 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

Only ever really been interested in horror adventure games to be honest... :)
Me>You

#18 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

Indeed quite the different sort of title, will have to try this one when I get the chance. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#19 ProgZmax

ProgZmax

Forum Peon

• Producers
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:35 AM

Could I ask you a question concerning the portraits, then? How come the one for Joe DeMarco so obviously doesn't match the sprite?

Because Dave had me do the portraits before I actually got to see all the sprites...And apparently he had them done already.  I told him to remove the headband before release but he forgot about it. :)

Also, a deluxe version is nearing completion that will have a completely redone soundtrack, voices supplied by professional actors and a commentary thing by Dave.  I believe he's going to charge 5 dollars to cover all the additional effort he's putting into it.  Hopefully I can get him to remove Joe's headband.

As far as art goes, I don't typically work on things not game related so I don't really have anything to show, sorry. ;<

#20 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:02 AM

Ah, right. Well, that makes sense. It didn't actually bother me that much, it was just noticeable that the talking portrait made him look like a worn-out drug addict, while the sprite seemed to be showing a younger-looking man with a strange haircut and a bandana...
I loved the talking portrait of Zelig, though. He looks like an evil rabbi version of Steven Spielberg.:)

#21 ProgZmax

ProgZmax

Forum Peon

• Producers
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

Isn't Spielberg already evil? :>

#22 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

Heh, good point.:) Was the similarity intentional, by the way, or was it more of a coincidence?

#23 ProgZmax

ProgZmax

Forum Peon

• Producers
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:11 AM

Unintentional since I don't see a resemblance ;>

#24 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:18 AM

I couldn't find a picture of an angry Steven Spielberg, I'm afraid, but here you go:

Exhibit A
Posted Image
Exhibit B
Posted Image

#25 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

Hmm ya know there is a similarity whoa.  :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#26 Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Forum Peon

• Producers
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:18 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha!  Brilliant, A.J.  I never noticed the similarity, but I certainly do now!  

As Mr. ZMax said, the Shivah is going to be turned into Shivah Deluxe soon, with full voiceovers, a remixed soundtrack, extra puzzles, and dvd-style commentary.  And, just for you A.J., I'll remove Joe's bandana from his sprite.  :)

The deluxe game will be available for five dollars on Monday, August 14th.  Check the website (www.davelgil.com) for updates and details.  There's a contest going on now where you might be able to snag the deluxe version for free.

I'm happy everyone is enjoying the game!  It was a blast to make.

-Dave

#27 ProgZmax

ProgZmax

Forum Peon

• Producers
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

I would just like to add that I was asked to redo all of the sprite graphics and animations, so owners of the deluxe version will get almost a new game, with many different (and often gory) animations to enjoy!

Here's a comparison of the original (by Dave Gilbert) and new sprites (by me).  Note the distinct lack of bandanna on Joe :bleh:

Posted Image

#28 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:49 AM

That's really well done, I must say. Few people knows how difficult it is to make detailed sprites thay small. You've done excellent, and they look very much like their in game portraits :bleh:

Yo!

#29 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:25 AM

Very cool, Shane. They actually look amazingly like miniature versions of the talking portraits, too.:bleh:

Looks like I'll have to get the deluxe version, then.:P Pity it's still so short...

#30 Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Forum Peon

• Producers
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Aug 17 2006, 02:25 AM, said:

Very cool, Shane. They actually look amazingly like miniature versions of the talking portraits, too.:bleh:

Looks like I'll have to get the deluxe version, then.:P Pity it's still so short...

Shane beat me to the punch, here. :P  The game is ready now.  You can purchase it (and download a demo) on my website.  (www.davelgil.com) The freeware version is, unfortunately, no longer being supported.

-Dave

Reply to this topic