A. J. Raffles's Content

There have been 26 items by A. J. Raffles (Search limited from 13-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#81847 Adventures Of Maddog Williams In The Dungeons Of Duridian

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 13 August 2010 - 12:00 PM in Games on Reloaded

"As this story is medieval, we do not know how antique the items are that he sells. They look pretty contemporary."
Ahem. 'Middle Ages' covers a period of about 800 years. So it's not copletely inconceivable that to a late-medieval person an item from the 6th century would have seemed pretty ancient, right?:angry:[/pedantic]

#80990 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 03 July 2010 - 01:13 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostFrodo, on 3 Jul 2010, 01:39 PM, said:

View PostAHM, on 3 Jul 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

Wait a second... Maybe you can help me.Can you give me some information about that "pond"'s location?
I think I remember that bit.  It's near a grand waterfall.  The waterfall is bottom left of that area, and the pond is to the right of it.  But I think you can't just walk straight into it - you have to *do* some action (look at it, or use it maybe)

:blink:
No, I think you need to have been told (or given?) something by one of the octopus-people in order to be able to walk in.

#80988 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 03 July 2010 - 12:27 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostAHM, on 3 Jul 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

Wait a second... Maybe you can help me.Can you give me some information about that "pond"'s location?
Hmm, my recollection is quite hazy, and unfortunately I'm still failing to get past the loading of the scene (which is annoying), but it's in the vicinity of that altar-like thingie (or was it a statue?) where I think you find some of the tools as well. I think it's either to the far right after crossing the bridge or to the far right after walking into the jungle near the bottom of the screen, just before the bridge. You definitely don't have to walk to the top of the screen at any point and I'm pretty sure - though not entirely sure - you don't have to walk left either.
Sorry for being so vague; it would be a lot easier if I could just get it to work, but I think my browser maybe didn't like the latest Flash update.:blink:

#80969 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 02 July 2010 - 06:32 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostAHM, on 2 Jul 2010, 01:36 PM, said:

Um yes.That's the one.I have crossed the bridge and I have also talked to all the creatures.I just cant find any new locations.I was only able to find 3 rooms.
Bleh, I just wanted to replay it, but then my computer decided not to load the next scene - must be my settings or something. Or maybe it's just the university connection, because it was working fine when I was at home over the last vacation. Anyway, if I can't get it to work, this means I won't be able to give you any detailed advice for another two weeks. Sorry.:blink: It's been a while since I last played it, and pretty much the only thing I remember about that planet was digging around in some ruins, talking to lots of people and a parrot, and then eventually jumping into that pond (which then leads to the next competition). And that probably won't be much help to you...

#80954 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 01 July 2010 - 07:04 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostAHM, on 1 Jul 2010, 12:24 PM, said:

Uh its where the space ship crashes with the player and Grrr aboard.
Would that be Vestallia (the planet with the vegetarian octopus-like creatures)? If so, what have you done so far?

#80924 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 29 June 2010 - 04:32 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostGuest, on 29 Jun 2010, 09:51 AM, said:

Where can i find a walkthrough for this? i know the game is pretty easy but at some points it becomes hard.
I don't think there is one, but if you're stuck at a specific point, just ask.:blink:

#80277 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 03 June 2010 - 10:31 PM in Games on Reloaded

I liked the way all of the planets were quite different from each other. And some of the recipe cards were fun as well, like the apple which in the olden days was 'apparently used to ward off doctors'. And the fact that all the chickens have names.:P

Are there secret areas in the game, by the way? I remember there was one door on the first planet which I couldn't seem to open initially and when I returned later, I couldn't access it anymore because it had been fenced off or something. Then again, if it were a secret area, I don't see what might be there, because I'm pretty sure I found all cards and cooked all recipes available on the list (even the ones which are initially listed as a series of question marks). Still a bit weird, though.

#80269 Titanium Chef

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 03 June 2010 - 04:09 PM in Games on Reloaded

How come nobody wants to discuss this?:P Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on...

#78198 Powder

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 25 January 2010 - 12:12 AM in Games on Reloaded

Sounds great.:ph34r: Shame I'm too busy to try it out at the moment.

#76801 Titanium Chef Online

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 19 December 2009 - 03:28 PM in Game & Software Requests

View PostFrodo, on Dec 19 2009, 11:10 AM, said:

*sniff*  I'm gonna miss Moxie   :D

I think, when I finished it before (this was before Part 4 was released), there was some text about 'What new adventures await our hero, blah blah blah', which kinda gave it an ending.  Maybe Part 4 is the start of a new chapter, and another installment will be released soon, to continue the story?   :P
Hmm, I don't know. The title music was playing when Moxie announced her decision to stay behind in order to catch up with her brother, but after that nothing happened, which was a bit of a letdown. Perhaps they're working on another part, but there's no indication of it on the website.
I'm feeling a little disappointed now.:D

#76798 Titanium Chef Online

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 19 December 2009 - 09:42 AM in Game & Software Requests

Yes, he's a slightly larger, blue fur ball.:P He arrives with the orange chefbot and Moxie decides to stay with him (probably so you won't be able to get any more hints from her in any future installments).
I think I'm finished now, but I can't actually find a proper ending. Is there supposed to be one?

#76795 Titanium Chef Online

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 19 December 2009 - 07:54 AM in Game & Software Requests

View PostFrodo, on Dec 19 2009, 03:53 AM, said:

I'm finding Level 4 kinda hard.   :P

I can't get the meals right.
Is that before or after meeting Moxie's brother?

#76778 Titanium Chef Online

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 18 December 2009 - 08:27 PM in Game & Software Requests

Yes, amazingly enough it works fine on my mother's ancient computer.:P Go figure.

Hmm, I'm quite close to the end, I think. I've become Titanium Chef, I've got teleport access to all five locations, I've retrieved that diary-thingie, a ram's head and a necklace, got new music from someone, fed an awful lot of people and collected seven out of ten RandoRoot seeds. Somebody told me to get those leaves quite early in the game, so, but I can't remember who it was, not even vaguely. I suspect it must have been someone at Folossa or the Megastation - possibly even Quarus, because those were the first three locations to become available, but I must have spoken to everybody twice now, and I still can't figure out who needs those leaves. I must be missing something really obvious.:D
If it wasn't so late in the game, I'd just start over and pay more attention when getting that quest, but I don't want to start again from scratch...

#76773 Titanium Chef Online

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 18 December 2009 - 04:05 PM in Game & Software Requests

Frodo, can I ask you a stupid question (other than this one, that is)? Where is this Yessir I need to give the leaves to? I've got completely lost with all the names, and it's annoying, because it means I'm stuck. I've tried visiting all the places I could think of and talking to anyone in sight.:P Do you happen to remember where I should look for him?

#73860 The Adventure Thread

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 20 October 2009 - 02:57 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Metempsychose (yes, that's a verb ;)) and become the less badly injured guard.

#73852 The Adventure Thread

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 19 October 2009 - 05:41 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Give guard a bear hug in an attempt to make him faint.

#73828 Wormux

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 18 October 2009 - 12:28 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostMrMr, on Oct 17 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

My English is still not enough to write a review... ;)  maybe in a year or so.  :Brain:
It seems fine judging by your posts... Just try it.:D It's only a review, after all. If you're worried that you might make a few mistakes, we can have a look through it and fix any glaring errors before putting the review on the website.

What's your first language, then?

#73807 Wormux

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 17 October 2009 - 07:40 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostMrMr, on Oct 17 2009, 08:32 PM, said:

I'm not a big fan of Wormux   :D Hedgewars is a much better game in every possible way. It's a shame it's not more popular ;)
Review it, then.:Brain:

#73797 The Adventure Thread

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 16 October 2009 - 11:01 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Yes, please. I'd like to go back to my dark room.

#73781 The Adventure Thread

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 15 October 2009 - 06:11 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Dip hand in porridge and draw a pentagram on the floor.

#73719 The Adventure Thread

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 11 October 2009 - 06:13 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostDoubler, on Oct 11 2009, 03:56 PM, said:

(You're in a courtroom, charged with murder. What do you do?
Plea insanity ;) )
Of course not, how boring. The correct response would be 'kiss judge'.

#73693 The Adventure Thread

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 10 October 2009 - 08:27 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Bury the scalpel in a pile of mashed potatoes.

#73620 Rpg Games

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 08 October 2009 - 12:34 PM in Please Help Us With Site Content

View PostCunnyFunt, on Oct 8 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

Say I wanted to review a game that isn't on the site or list already, should I go through the request process first or can I just write one up and submit it?
It would probably help if you could post a request thread, just to quickly check with someone (i.e. Frodo ;)) that the game is something we'd want to add to the site before you invest time in writing a review and taking screenshots. Unless it's something seriously bad or wildly inappropriate, I'm pretty sure she'll be happy to let you review your game, though.

#73574 Flight Of The Amazon Queen

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 05 October 2009 - 07:38 AM in Games on Reloaded

I think you'll find that you'll struggle with running a DOS-game which is nearly 15 years old on a new computer... As you're using DOSBox, I'm guessing that you're not completely averse to using emulators, so why are you so averse to ScummVM?;)

#73560 Titanium Chef Online

Posted by A. J. Raffles on 04 October 2009 - 09:56 PM in Game & Software Requests

View PostFrodo, on Oct 4 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

Hey, nice find, Raffles.   :D

I played for a while as 'Guest', and it's a lot of fun.    :Brain:

The load times are very slow, but I still enjoyed it.

Please, feel free to review it whenever you want.  

;)
I will, as soon as I manage to get past the bit where the game currently gets stuck (as in it keeps loading indefinitely) all the time: the bit after you leave the boss's place at the beginning. It's really quite irritating, because I got further the first time I played it and now I can't seem to make it past that bit no matter what.:Brain: