tito's Content

There have been 5 items by tito (Search limited from 17-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24450 Crossfire Reloaded

Posted by tito on 19 March 2006 - 09:41 PM in Games on Reloaded

I downloaded and ran it with no problems on a similar system earlier today - have you tried redownloading the file?

Re-downloading wasn't the problem, but I did figure out what was. I saw an icon for winzip on the german site that's hosting the file; so on a hunch, I tried using WinRAR to extract the information out of the the exe file. Worked like a charm.

I'm not sure why they would label an archive as an exec; but just to be through, I tried re-naming the file to "CrossFireReloaded_v102.rar" and win rar was able to detect the proper contents. Interestingly, winzip was unable to handle the archive. Go figure.

Thanks for your help guys; I would have given up long ago without it.

#24445 Crossfire Reloaded

Posted by tito on 19 March 2006 - 08:40 PM in Games on Reloaded

Which version of Windows are you running?

I'm running windows XP SP2 Home Edition.

#24443 Crossfire Reloaded

Posted by tito on 19 March 2006 - 08:25 PM in Games on Reloaded

Sounds like your memory is filled up. Tried a restart?

I really don't think that's the problem. Everything else on my computer is running smoothly. However, I did take your advice and reboot, but to no avail. The program is still not running. I think I'm gonna give up since it sounds like no one else is having these problems. I guess there's just some screwy conflict on my machine.

Thanks for your help BeefontheBone and DannyMc252

#24441 Crossfire Reloaded

Posted by tito on 19 March 2006 - 07:54 PM in Games on Reloaded

That's a Windows executable which installs the game, then there's another Windows executable to run it - at no stage is DOSBox or the Command Prompt required.

That was my first assumption, but simply running the exec spawns a command prompt that flashes and closes itself. I tried running the exec in my own command prompts to see what the exit message was and it told me:

Program too big to fit in memory

I find that hard to believe since I have gigs of free disk space, and a gigabyte of RAM. Are there any known bugs? Or should I just throw up my hands now in defeat?

Thank you.

#24416 Crossfire Reloaded

Posted by tito on 19 March 2006 - 05:08 PM in Games on Reloaded

I feel like I'm missing some important information here. I downloaded the exe file ("CrossFireReloaded_v102.exe") but running it does nothing. I've tried runing the exe in a command prompt, as well as through DOSBOX.

Is there some secret to starting this magical game? Is it an expansion pack for another game?

Thank you.