Darkside's Content

There have been 22 items by Darkside (Search limited from 21-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39304 Monty On The Run

Posted by Darkside on 14 September 2006 - 08:47 PM in Games on Reloaded

:(

Ok, the site is now fixed, and ALL the game downloads work!

Wohooo!!

http://www.spacetimegames.co.uk

Enjoy!!  :ok:

#38824 Monty On The Run

Posted by Darkside on 08 September 2006 - 02:23 PM in Games on Reloaded

My server is up......still working out the bugs.....site should be sorted soon...

:(

#38642 Two (count 'em!) New Games Coming!

Posted by Darkside on 05 September 2006 - 09:19 PM in Work in Progress

View PostSabreman, on Aug 17 2006, 11:06 PM, said:

The existing remakes of the two Cybernoid games have been excellent, so I'm looking forward to more of that flavour :P

Well, I'm not sure it'll be as good as those remakes - Graham Goring's remake of Cybernoid 2 was fantastic....but it's just my little addition to the genre :P

UPDATE: 8/9/06

The site is now back up and running! ;)

#36965 Two (count 'em!) New Games Coming!

Posted by Darkside on 16 August 2006 - 08:26 PM in Work in Progress

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Aug 16 2006, 05:33 PM, said:

*counts up to two*

Aww....c'mon now.....admit it.....you had help, didn't you? :bleh:

#36905 Two (count 'em!) New Games Coming!

Posted by Darkside on 16 August 2006 - 01:03 PM in Work in Progress

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I currently have two remake projects on the go that should hopefully be ready for download/perusal/enjoyment before much longer.

1) Brainsport - My first puzzle game!  Been remaking games since 2001, and only NOW do I finally get my lazy backside in gear enough to produce a game that involves a little more than the usual jump/shoot/dodge-nasties routine.  Its a remake of a game that originally appeared on the Sinclair Spectrum magazine "Your Sinclair", and is pretty much the same format as Sokoban - ie: Push all the blocks through the maze and onto the squares.  

2) Cybernoid 3: Phoenix - This isn't exactly a remake, more a sort of continuation or spin-off based on the old 8-bit Cybernoid shoot-em-up games from back in 1987-ish.  I've been working on this one for a while now, and its ALMOST finished.  Tom Henrik and Taikara know ALL about this game (having been involved with its production), so it should be pretty good!

Now all I have to do, is fix my website....

#36862 Trans Am 2000

Posted by Darkside on 15 August 2006 - 06:23 PM in Games on Reloaded

Wow...I'd forgotten about this one!

Thanks Deathdude!  Not one of my better games, especially as it was the first one I'd done after a break of about 2 and half years, and my first using Multimedia Fusion!

So did you really complete it to get that screenshot of the end screen, or did you find the cheat mode (I really should learn to hide those better...) ?

Either way, I'm crap at it so I can't get past the last level without cheating..

Anyway, cheers for the review!   :bleh:

#36361 Monty On The Run

Posted by Darkside on 06 August 2006 - 09:09 PM in Games on Reloaded

Hi all,

Yup, the site is down at the moment......I'm still trying to sort it out, but the cause of the problem is completely out of my control at the moment.

I appreciate your patience though.  I'll post here when things have been fixed!

Cheers!

Steve

#26317 Apprentice 2: The Knight's Move

Posted by Darkside on 19 April 2006 - 02:11 PM in Games on Reloaded

MUCH better than the first part!

This one felt more "Finished off" to me, and the interface seems to be much friendlier than the first one in the series.

The only disappointment was that there wasn't an option to download a "Talkie" version - I kinda liked the added option of the voices in the first game.

However, everything else - the story, characters and user interface was much improved over the first game.

And I finished it!!. :angel:   ....ok....ok......I used a walkthrough.... LOL

#26166 Apprentice

Posted by Darkside on 17 April 2006 - 09:45 PM in Games on Reloaded

Had a go at this today, and I have to say I was most impressed.

The interface was a bit glitchy at times - the whole thing with the menu popping up at the bottom of the screen was ok, but having to repeat each command from scratch over and over was a bit of a pain.....but then I'm just nit-picking.

Oh, and was I the only one that had trouble persuading "Pib" to go where I WANTED him to go at times?.....particularly up the mountain to the tower.

And I agree with Taikara - it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short!  In fact it almost seemed short enough to be a demo for a FULL game....

Oooh.....I just noticed that there's a sequel!

Off to play that now!  :angel:

#25938 Attaccar

Posted by Darkside on 15 April 2006 - 06:50 PM in Games on Reloaded

You can tell I'm one of those that doesn't bother with instruction manuals, can't ya?   :angel:

#25937 Chinese Checkers

Posted by Darkside on 15 April 2006 - 06:42 PM in Games on Reloaded

It has the same addictive qualities as something like Mah Jong (or however you spell it....I'm notorious for getting things like that wrong!..LOL)..

Not so much a "Just one more go" factor, more like a "I will NOT LET THIS BEAT ME!!!" factor  :P

Nice little game :angel:

#25622 Attaccar

Posted by Darkside on 13 April 2006 - 12:27 PM in Games on Reloaded

I played it for a bit.......and by "A bit" I mean "Five Minutes".

Am I the only one that thinks it has an air of "Unfinished"-ness about it?

The controls are crappy though - sorry, I don't normally get so blunt...but this had to be said.

Took me ages to find out that "Z" is the select/fire button.....or was that just because I'm a crap games player? :angel:

#25525 Family Treasure, The

Posted by Darkside on 12 April 2006 - 02:05 PM in Games on Reloaded

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on this one yet.

Ok, I'm not generally very good at this type of game, but I'll be the first one to make a noise about it!

I loved it!  Some of the puzzles were a little too easy...but then sometimes that by its very nature makes them HARDER!  You sit there for hours trying to figure out what intricate method is needed to solve a puzzle, when in actual fact the most obvious solution is the answer!

The sprite work is very good, and the whole game had a nice "Monkey Island" feel to it which I liked.

Overall, very nicely done :angel:

Can't wait for the sequel LOL

#25173 Cookie

Posted by Darkside on 04 April 2006 - 05:11 PM in Games on Reloaded

Someone??

ANYONE??

:huh:

#25010 Cookie

Posted by Darkside on 31 March 2006 - 06:20 PM in Games on Reloaded

Anyone managed to finish this one yet?

And can anyone identify the piece of music used on the "Game Completed" page? :huh:

#24153 Equinox

Posted by Darkside on 14 March 2006 - 07:37 PM in Games on Reloaded

taikara, on Mar 14 2006, 06:48 PM, said:

Steve is rather modest, but I think I'll be able to uncover the hidden megalomaniac inside, buahahah :( :angel:

Hidden?  :)  :P

I'm not modest at all, just honest.  I just like to be the FIRST one to point out all the crap bits of my games before someone beats me to it!  :Brain:

#24144 Equinox

Posted by Darkside on 14 March 2006 - 01:48 PM in Games on Reloaded

Well, yes and no :-/  Sorry that doesn't make sense.

I've noticed (and other remakers will probably disagree with me here) that there's a fine balance between remaking a game so that it is

a ) Different enough from the original to be called a remake

and

b ) Contains enough features and styles of the original game, to make it at least recognisable!

You can, in this modern age, stray a LONG way from the original format - such as adding 3Dfx graphics etc; in which case the game (in my view) is not a remake at all, but simply a spin-off.  In the case of Equinox, Ric Lumb (the graphics artist that did the graphics for this particular remake, as well as a number of my games over the years) created some 3d-rendered sprites that were still 2D in nature, giving it a nice "Updated" feel, without making it too much like Half Life 2 in the process!

That's just my view of course and I'm sure others will disagree.

As for looking at the original game....I used to own this game on the Spectrum back in 1987, and it really stayed as being one of my favourites for a number of years.  That's what I try to do - remake games that I like.  If you're a really big fan of a game, I think you do a better job remaking it.

**gasps for breath**

Sorry...I know you only wanted a short answer.....but I tend to babble once I get going!  :(

#24128 Equinox

Posted by Darkside on 13 March 2006 - 11:48 AM in Games on Reloaded

Wow....nobodys got anything to say about this one?

Took me ages to make this game too....

#23560 Monty On The Run

Posted by Darkside on 28 February 2006 - 08:54 PM in Games on Reloaded

Strange that the scream is so popular....I actually thought I'd have more complaints about the "SQUEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLCHHHHH!" noise when Monty gets mashed into nothingness by the rather ruthless metal crushers :-)

#23409 Monty On The Run

Posted by Darkside on 26 February 2006 - 04:14 PM in Games on Reloaded

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to download and play this game.  I know it has issues, but I'm otherwise quite proud of it.

As far as I can gather, the difficulty is pretty much on par with the original (and I couldn't complete it without cheating, so don't worry..:ok:)...but if the scream is really that much of an issue, it can easily be removed and replaced with something less ear-shattering!

If you'd like me to do this, just say the word, and I'll put an updated (scream-less) version up on my site as soon as possible.

Otherwise thanks for the nice comments, and I hope you enjoy this and the other stuff on my site.

Cheers,

Steve

#22148 Miner Game

Posted by Darkside on 05 February 2006 - 06:58 PM in Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

I used to have it.....in fact, I still do :blink:

I remember you posting about this on another forum somewhere (possibly Retrospec).

Ace little game, and simple too.....and as for it being freeware, I actually BOUGHT it as freeware, so I'm pretty sure it is.

If nothing else, it's certainly old enough now to be classed as "Abandonware", surely?

#22146 Brainstorm

Posted by Darkside on 05 February 2006 - 06:51 PM in Games on Reloaded

A nice little game, even though its annoyingly difficult.........or is it just that I'm crap at it?  :blink:

This is most definitely one of Gordon's gems...anyone checked out his Potty Pigeon remake yet?

Of the early stuff, Zub is definitely worth a looksie too :P