a1s's Content

There have been 334 items by a1s (Search limited from 01-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69532 Second Language

Posted by a1s on 26 January 2009 - 10:18 PM in Forum Guidelines

My "mother tongue" is russian
and I'm proud to say that I speak fluently both a global language (English), and an exotic one called Latvian (less than 2 million people around the world understand it).

#69057 Name That Film!

Posted by a1s on 30 December 2008 - 09:46 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

I don't think you'll get a reply...
(you are welcome to post your own though, I might even try to solve it)

#68926 Last Scenario

Posted by a1s on 19 December 2008 - 09:47 PM in Game & Software Requests

About fonts. It's not the MSGothic, it's The MS Windows- That is to say Vista. not a week goes by that I don't curse my decision to switch (unfortunately my hardware doesn't run XP quite as well ;) ). anyways the solution was to borrow my sister's (old) computer while she was away- and I have to say the game is great- the story is above average, the art is excelent nd the music is pretty nice too.  ;)

#68881 Last Scenario

Posted by a1s on 07 December 2008 - 11:24 AM in Game & Software Requests

The fonts are not displayed for me. did anyone else have this problem? any ideas how to solve that?

#68757 Font Problems

Posted by a1s on 02 November 2008 - 01:23 AM in RPG Maker 2000

Update (I thought I said this before, but apparently I didn't): there is a patch for the broken fonts.

#67991 Iji

Posted by a1s on 11 October 2008 - 11:40 PM in Game & Software Requests

you don't need to be pacifist to play hero3d, it is enabled after you kill the assassin in the hall of Tasen history (it's not named that, but it contains the Tasen history logbooks)- before you kill him iji will claim the terminal to be malfunctioning.

#67954 Fig Hunter

Posted by a1s on 11 October 2008 - 02:33 AM in Game & Software Requests

View PostJapofran, on Oct 9 2008, 08:21 PM, said:

Actually you can download any flash game I think. Just open the web page's source code, look for the file with a .swf extension, copy and paste its URL (if it's relative just figure its whole path out) to your browser's address bar, and when it's loaded go to file > save as... H4X!!
well yeah, but most sites try to fight this (mostly by requiring correct referrals, which is trivially circumvented), where as the fig hunter guy offers you to download the games, it's a nice gesture.

#67937 Action Doom Ii: Urban Brawl

Posted by a1s on 10 October 2008 - 09:32 PM in Game & Software Requests

are there 2 endings? the way that game ends is depressing.

#67850 Fig Hunter

Posted by a1s on 09 October 2008 - 01:53 AM in Game & Software Requests

Pseudolonewolf is a maker of freeware games in Adobe Flash. Make no mistake they are not coffee-break-minigames, but real long quality games... just made in Flash (in my defense- you can download them to your computer). My favorite (offcourse) is his most famous RPG series called Mardek, which is (well the second chapter out of the 2 released) on par with any RPGM2K game we have on site, both in length and in quality (the games posses some degree of charm that is in fact not usually found in those games, plus I'm tired of seeing the same backgrounds in a 10th game in a row...). His other game which I played (Deliverance, yet another RPG, and Raider, an action-adventure (you know, like flashback, Bermuda Syndrome, that sort of thing)) are labeled as "demos", but fear not, I put a dozen hours into each, and didn't get to the end (this does not mean that the games were bad- they were awesome- it's just how I play games). Even if we are not going to feature them on site, I urge you to try them. ;)

#67807 Iji

Posted by a1s on 07 October 2008 - 11:27 PM in Game & Software Requests

View PostJapofran, on Oct 5 2008, 07:10 PM, said:

And the alternative about being a pacifist, besides not making much sense, makes for horrible gameplay. It should change things more. I started to play again and didn't kill a single alien, but when I had to kill the first boss it was all for nothing, so I quit the game. Hopping along place after place infested with aliens without shooting them is not worth it if the only things that change are the cutscenes. The choice could have been grander than killing or not some aliens that fire on you on sight and have just exterminated mankind.
First of all the is a difference (albeit small), and if you got to the first boss, you should have seen one of them (I mean the ceasefire on level 3). However I agree that the pacifist mode seems strapped on after that fact, to make that game seem more nonlinear.

#67645 Iji

Posted by a1s on 02 October 2008 - 03:34 PM in Game & Software Requests

true. But it has been requested before... and that request is still on the first page too. ;)

#67627 Abandonia Apocalypse: Team Reloaded

Posted by a1s on 01 October 2008 - 11:10 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

I'll joint too
name: a1s
race: with a name like that? android!
stat specialization: strength and accuracy, I'll use heavy weapons.

#67553 The Political Machine 2008 - Express

Posted by a1s on 29 September 2008 - 10:55 PM in Game & Software Requests

they teach you not to have registration pages? ;)

hm... I see what you mean, that is annoying, though you actually only need to register once for all Stardock games. I don't even know why that is so annoying but it truly is...

#67533 Happy Birthday A1s

Posted by a1s on 28 September 2008 - 10:21 PM in Forum Guidelines

thank you guys. ;)

#67532 The Political Machine 2008 - Express

Posted by a1s on 28 September 2008 - 10:12 PM in Game & Software Requests

surely they don't care if you are you or some Joey Joe-Joe Shabadoo from Dirkastan?

#65083 Endgame: Singularity

Posted by a1s on 31 July 2008 - 08:40 AM in Game & Software Requests

it's based on the idea that if ever an AI developed it would evolve so quickly (both through code optimization and hardware developement) that it would create a "technological singularity", many believe that to be the end of humanity (I blame "Terminator" for that). that being said, endgame (as in end-of-this-game) is stupidly easy, and you finish all the reasearch in a day (buiding bases takes longer though)

#65031 Greatest War Heroes

Posted by a1s on 29 July 2008 - 07:29 PM in Forum Guidelines

What did he mean?
If I understand correctly what he is saying (and I'm not sure that I do), war can have no heroes, because it's such a bad thing. But war hero is in fact the original hero.

#65014 Greatest War Heroes

Posted by a1s on 29 July 2008 - 12:33 PM in Forum Guidelines

Hero (male) and heroine (female) to refer to characters (fictional or historical) that, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self-sacrifice – that is, heroism – for some greater good, originally of martial courage or excellence but extended to more general moral excellence.

#64877 Gog

Posted by a1s on 25 July 2008 - 01:06 PM in Forum Guidelines

View Post_r.u.s.s., on Jul 23 2008, 10:41 PM, said:

haha, funny that you mention "action" along with planescape
what was that supposed to mean? :whistle:

#64592 Gog

Posted by a1s on 14 July 2008 - 02:04 PM in Forum Guidelines

guys, there is no game older than 10 years in that lineup, Abandonia is safe.

As for XP support, all the ones I played among them didn't need any tweaking at all to work in XP (with sound video and everyting)

#63871 Intellectual Stimulation In American Cinema

Posted by a1s on 25 June 2008 - 10:03 PM in Forum Guidelines

I was in an argument recently about Intellectuality of American cinema (the middle 80% of it, if you take away the dumbest 10% and the smartest 10%), and what locals think of it. So now I want to ask yo people what you think.

#63423 Happy Birthday Juni

Posted by a1s on 14 June 2008 - 11:35 PM in Forum Guidelines

HB.

#63333 Fallout 3

Posted by a1s on 12 June 2008 - 11:20 PM in Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

View PostDocktor_Worm, on Jun 12 2008, 02:04 AM, said:

fitting action points into a real time action game makes no sense.
tactics had it, didn't they? and that was a decent game (ofcourse I pretty much played it in TB mode all the way, but that's me).

#63277 The Yes \ No Game

Posted by a1s on 11 June 2008 - 06:52 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

"bread" is a broad term, some of it doesn't have yeast (though in modern times it's a minority).

it is a piece of meat fully enclosed in a bun (i.e no meat is visible until you actually bite it)?

#63273 The Yes \ No Game

Posted by a1s on 11 June 2008 - 06:15 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

is: desirable by flop (at least some of the time), edible, indigenous to most parts of the world
partly: meat
can be procured in: fast food shops, bakeries
specific things it's not: sock, hot-dog, nacho

is yeast used during it's making?