Saccade's Content

There have been 26 items by Saccade (Search limited from 14-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#79383 Fao: Frodo

Posted by Saccade on 22 March 2010 - 05:38 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

http://www.nonosweeper.com/

Posted Image

and:

http://www.yarivh.co...ecryptopics.htm

Posted Image

Also - download:
Malwarebytes anti-malware and Spy-bot.
Both free and will both remove 99% of stuff
The other 1% is removed by Sophos anti-rootkit.

#75396 Space Hulk

Posted by Saccade on 26 November 2009 - 02:43 PM in Game & Software Requests

This game is sooo hard.

#75392 Happy Birthday Saccade

Posted by Saccade on 26 November 2009 - 09:25 AM in Forum Guidelines

sweet cakes! Posted Image

Check out the one Claire made me:
Posted Image

She got me a holiday next week, for a week, back up near Faslane, too! :tomato:
So we can freeze our arses off in a cottage on a freezing loch.

Doesn't she realise I have a magazine to make?! Good thing it's the only rental cottage she could find with WiFi!

Thanks guys!

#75122 Minecraft Competition!

Posted by Saccade on 19 November 2009 - 03:26 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Hi Reloaded!

We've started a competition for the next issue of Abandoned Times Magazine!

You can find details over here:
http://www.abandonia...ead.php?t=22627

Show us yer MineCrafting skillz!
:)

#74885 Minecraft.net

Posted by Saccade on 15 November 2009 - 09:04 AM in Forum Guidelines

This game is AWESOME fun! http://www.minecraft.net - you need the latest java installed.
Claire and I have been sitting at our laptops, on the sofa, playing this for a few hours now.

You can make some great stuff and some people's levels are really good. Especially the survival mode ones.

Here's some of our stuff. Our server is running most of the time and is called xxxxxxxxx (AB)

Posted Image
Posted Image
me and pandaaa (claire) made these
Posted Image
Posted Image

Post your Minecraft!!! :)

#74884 Liquid War

Posted by Saccade on 15 November 2009 - 08:41 AM in Game & Software Requests

Just to say that the Mac version of this game that I found (liquid war 5) is REALLY outdated.

MacOS 5.4.2 or something. Classic mode, anyway.
I had to use Sheepshaver and get hold of old OS disc in order to play on Leopard...

idk if there's a more recent version (or if it really matters :)), but just in case any mac people get it and can't run it.
Cheers for the recommendation, btw, Nick.

#74883 New Skin?

Posted by Saccade on 15 November 2009 - 08:28 AM in Suggestions & Comments

View PostFrodo, on Nov 11 2009, 12:17 AM, said:

Glad you like it Nick   :)

I never cared for the blue skin either   :P

I like the Blue, but I'm always at AB which is set to red so...
At least we can switch it. ;)

And I'm sure the Blue never cared for you either, Frodo!
*hurrumph*

#74566 The Adventure Thread

Posted by Saccade on 10 November 2009 - 01:46 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostDoubler, on Oct 22 2009, 08:31 PM, said:

Take 'hairs on the back of your neck'

This made me laugh so hard, I covered my laptop in cocoa.

#74561 Puzzle Games

Posted by Saccade on 10 November 2009 - 01:22 AM in Please Help Us With Site Content

A windows version of Boppin'..?!

I like this game - I'll get it and see what it's like. Hmm... Catapults is basically Connect 4. I'll stick with one and see how I deliver.
Is there anything in particular I should include?

#74538 Bots Using The Private Message (pm) System

Posted by Saccade on 09 November 2009 - 08:59 PM in Important Announcements

View PostFrodo, on Nov 9 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

Catherine's IP is banned   :)

What was it, Frodo..?
We can add it (if it's not already there) to some spam-lists, and associate that email with it.
Some places/software filter spam from lists of IP's - the ones that seem to send a lot of crap are usually dedicated spamming machines.

A small service to teh internetz.

#74537 Multi-player

Posted by Saccade on 09 November 2009 - 08:48 PM in Forum Guidelines

Do you guys play many of yr online multi-player games?

I've played one, from here, that's a tank game which was quite fun.
Need to have a browse and see which ones look good...

I guess I'm kinda in a different time-zone to most of the regulars, but I'm an insomniac so I have a lot of free time.
It'd be well good to check out the Freeware multi-player stuff some time!

[ed]
btw, doubler -if ye read this- I found a server for Left 4 Dead that has a chat command to play as an infected. Apart from being amazing fun, it's good for practising as the bad guys.
And a (hard!) map for playing as a Hunter. I've been doing pretty well in Vs. mode since discovering these. :)

#74534 Post Your Desktop

Posted by Saccade on 09 November 2009 - 07:35 PM in Forum Guidelines

Has anyone ever finished Uplink..?

I got pretty far, but it's one of those games that - if you take a break - you have to learn how to play it all over again.
I can never remember all the things you have to do... and there must be a quicker way of bouncing the trace all over the planet without having to click each individual node.

It's almost like a "day in the office" sim. :)

#74518 Post Your Desktop

Posted by Saccade on 09 November 2009 - 03:33 PM in Forum Guidelines

It's. so. CLEAN!!!

I just remembered, Nick, that there's some wallpapers and themes included on the Uplink: Hacker Elite game CD...

I'll dig it out and see what's on there.
Though, if I remember right, I think it linked to the developer's website to download them - may be worth searching for.

#74517 Funny & Weird Content

Posted by Saccade on 09 November 2009 - 02:10 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Posted Image
made that meself :)

Posted Image

#74515 Bots Using The Private Message (pm) System

Posted by Saccade on 09 November 2009 - 01:49 PM in Important Announcements

Hi guys!

This popped up as I logged in today:

"Pete's PM" said:

Hi! Get totally free access to the most complete MP3 library ever (millions of files, every single song on Earth). All you have to do is register

Don't search for songs every time in google, just use VK search menu.
After registration type needed song in search bar and select "by audio file", that's all! G...
catherine@nospamfor.us is a member of the Members group and has 0 posts.
Sent on: Today, 12:55 PM

Not sure if it's a bot, but I'm not interested in stealing music.
I like to own the plastic.

[ed]
I just noticed that catherine@nospamfor.us (weird email, considering she's spamming) is the newest member here today.

#74451 Post Your Desktop

Posted by Saccade on 07 November 2009 - 03:03 PM in Forum Guidelines

View PostNick, on Nov 6 2009, 09:45 PM, said:

Saccade, where is the damn wallpaper I asked for? *throws tantrum*  :)

:P
oops. Sorry dude...

Since I upgrade to (bleurgh) Flash 10, I can't upload to MediaFire - they've changed their uploader, too. And it sucks.
I can get them on Photobucket, if I use the old or bulk uploader, so they're not compressed and all separate.

The one yr after is called: "Binary" - Quantum_Binary.jpg
and is found in this folder: http://s651.photobuc..._Clan/Desktops/

I've not linked straight to it, as there're a few others you might like the look of, too ;)

[ed]
I like abstract images, as they're easier to pretend that's what they were supposed to look like. :band:

#74449 Hangman

Posted by Saccade on 07 November 2009 - 02:16 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

:mhh:

... U!

#74448 Funny & Weird Content

Posted by Saccade on 07 November 2009 - 02:05 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostNick, on Nov 1 2009, 07:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

I see Mickey Knox from the front cover of Natural Born Killers.
Or Hermann Goering or someone.

I must be one of the only people alive who has never read or seen any Harry Potter.
I iz a muggle (or whatever ;))

This thread's great! :P

#74403 Post Your Desktop

Posted by Saccade on 06 November 2009 - 04:50 PM in Forum Guidelines

View PostDoubler, on Nov 6 2009, 12:59 PM, said:

I'm not really into multiplayer, I'm affraid. I've never even played L4D online ;)
But my Steam account is Trybler, for what it means :)
You've never played it online?!
Man - it is so much fun... I haven't laughed so much at playing a game for a long time..!
The Vs. mode, where you get to play the infected - although it takes a bit of time to get used to, as it's practically a new game, is awesome.

I'll add ye and see if you ever fancy a game :P

#74391 Post Your Desktop

Posted by Saccade on 06 November 2009 - 05:29 AM in Forum Guidelines

Wow - mine and Doubler's desktops seem to follow the same organisational pattern...
We've even got a lot of the same programmes and games installed ;) - I've got Flashpoint, BF1942 and Audiosurf on my PC Laptop. Games like Mirror's Edge, I have for PS3.

You know about the Oblivion Online mod, Doubler? We've not gotten it to work yet. My Steam account is - Teh_Saccade if ever you fancy some L4D! :P My PS3 is The_Saccade, as you can't really make typo's with the controller :)

My laptop and Macbook, even though I've installed more ram in the mac, aren't the mutt's nuts, so I don't have background images to save memory. Or many icons.
They both have the same icon structure and many similar applications.
I have no idea where I got the backgrounds from...

Posted Image
I run my desktop on this PC at 1440 x 900, refreshing at 75Hz.
This is the image I've been using for a few months. Unless I have a *lot* of apps running, in which case I turn it off.

This is my alternate one, for if I have polite company round or need to blow out the cobwebs from the desktop:
Posted Image

And this image is the one that spawned my icon organisation method - called, "Natural Divide". That was probably what attracted me to it as, when I first built this PC it was supposed to be for work only; there was supposed to be a clear distinction..! Work apps with a few sandbox or puzzle games for breaks.
That lasted until I had the graphics card delivered and it came with some new games. I hadn't played a new new game in years and now I had a machine that could run three of them at once, no problem.
Posted Image

#74296 Introduce Yourself

Posted by Saccade on 05 November 2009 - 05:46 AM in Forum Guidelines

View PostGrand Dad, on Apr 13 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

Frankly I don't think I am going to like it very much here. Thanks for the welcome though! ;).

I made a hello post as part of another somewhere else - I kind of read forums from the bottom, up.
Came over from Abandonia :P

#74295 The Silence Of The Freeware-lambs

Posted by Saccade on 05 November 2009 - 05:33 AM in Forum Guidelines

Hello!

My name's Pete, I live in London with the Mrs and exist quite happily.

Frodo and I were having this conversation about freeware with a lad from abandonia earlier.
This is what he had to say:

"I instinctively connect freeware to unadequate. I am aware that some freeware games are done without bugs, have deep stories, good gameplay and are just as good as commercial games. Still, I'm willing to miss such games just due to my (fault) opinions.

"I've got nothing against Freeware, but my intuition tells me that I shouldn't go near it ...
... Can we please drop it now?"

Posted Image
This man has obviously been mistreated and abused by Freeware as a child.
He can never go near Freeware, for it would show him things he daren't gaze upon.
No matter how loud he screams, he can never shut out the gaping silence of the vacuumous Freeware void in his life.

(idk if vacuumous is a word, but it's a good one :))

What a rubbish reason to refuse to spend even a few moments looking at Reloaded.org...

Warez = Ok
Torrents = Ok
Abandonware = Ok
Freeware & Shareware = The Plague God of Insects.

pfffff.

(you know - I'm finding it hard to swear in this forum. It'd be like traipsing muddy shoes over a clean white carpet...)

#74294 Facebook

Posted by Saccade on 05 November 2009 - 04:07 AM in Suggestions & Comments

Have you guys considered making a facebook profile..?

We've made a few posts to Reloaded on ours already, they've gone down pretty well. People like them.

Over at abandonia.com we've had a profile live for about a month, I think. 600 members now.
Me and Lulu_jane keep it updated - it doesn't take much.

2.26% of all abandonia's traffic now comes from facebook. Doesn't seem much, though consider the numbers.
We've recruited translators, had a few sign-ups to the forums and had some great feedback.

Make sure you add us!
http://www.facebook.com/Abandonia

Posted Image

[ed]
We don't do many joint projects, do we..? Abandonia & Reloaded...

+-------+.
  | `.	| `.
  |   `+--+----+
  |	|  |	|	   outside
  +----+--+	|
	`. |	`  |
	  `+-------+

#74293 Life & Death 2: The Brain

Posted by Saccade on 05 November 2009 - 03:42 AM in DOSBox

Both me and Claire love this game.

The psychiatrist computer is fun.
Here's link to a pretty good surgery guide (if I do say so myself) that will help any budding brain surgeon:

Here be the Guide!
[PDF]

A sneak preview of coming Abandonia content :)

Don't forget to lower the cycles, so it runs in real time!

#74292 Favorite Dos Game?

Posted by Saccade on 05 November 2009 - 03:26 AM in DOSBox

This is hard..!

There's always a special place in my heart for Dreamweb. That's one amazingly moody game. I love cyberpunk.
Right now I'm playing Dune again. And Hidden Agenda, Blackthorne, Civilization, Alpha Space, Wolfpack and Loom.

One of my bestist favourites has to be Tie-Fighter, though it's tied (no pun intended) with Space Rogue
Can't go wrong with a bit of space adventure action.